Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL-1050 mystery parts

I bought a used RL-1050 a few weeks ago, and finally had some time to put it together yesterday.

Figured out where just about everything goes, and how the different operations function, but... when I was all done, I had a few parts "left over

post-177-1210611693.jpg

Anyone have any hints about what those are or where they fit in? I can't find them anywhere on the parts diagrams in the back of the manual. Several of them look like they might be "seating punches" for different bullet profiles, but that would make them die parts rather than press parts?

Anyway, if anyone has any hints, let me know.... Thanks!

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

The carb clip on the left is for the older powder measures, it clips the actuator rod to the powder measure.

Gimme a couple days and I can send you a photo.

I agree, the others all look like bullet seaters, and dont resemble any of the dillon dies I have on hand

so I suspect they are another brand.

The clip on the left is to fasten the rod for the powder fail safe to the powder measure on older 1050s. The newer ones use a hairpin clip.

I'm not sure what #2 is but it might be a bullet seating die part.

3 & 4 are bullet seating dies parts.

# 5 isn't clear but it might be part of the primer system from a 550.

I bought a used RL-1050 a few weeks ago, and finally had some time to put it together yesterday.

Figured out where just about everything goes, and how the different operations function, but... when I was all done, I had a few parts "left over

post-177-1210611693.jpg

Anyone have any hints about what those are or where they fit in? I can't find them anywhere on the parts diagrams in the back of the manual. Several of them look like they might be "seating punches" for different bullet profiles, but that would make them die parts rather than press parts?

Anyway, if anyone has any hints, let me know.... Thanks!

Bruce

Bruce,

From left to right

clip for an older powder measure failsafe rod

(unknown)I think some sort of bullet seating die

tip for bullet seating die (unknown caliber)for a Dillon die set

Primer cup for an RL550 primer bar (large or small primer you will have to determine)

Hope this helps.

Rich

Primer cup for an RL550 primer bar (large or small primer you will have to determine)

Hope this helps.

Rich

I dont remember dillon seating die inserts being threaded. Might be the

older version, but the newer ones are pinned from the side, and reversible.

Primer cup should have a long headed pin on the other end that set screws into

the slide.

#'s 3 & 4 are bullet seating stems for Dillon Dies before they went to the current versions with the removable internals that don't affect the die body settings.

Neal in AZ

Thanks for all the info, guys!

Could use another small pistol primer cup for my 550...I'd be happy to send you a few bucks for it if you don't need it.

It's yours. PM me a mailing address and I'll get it on its way.

C'mon Bruce! Just fill that sucker up with brass, powder and primers and see what leaks out the bottom.

Oh, you mean just like how I do oil changes on my truck? :roflol:

B

Oh...forgot to add that since you probably want it set up in .38 Super or some caliber I don't have a blaster for (yet) you might want to send one of those with mags along too.

Dang, Kevin, you'd do that for me? You're a giver!

Tell you what, I'm headed for work about 4:30 tomorrow morning, I'll just drop it by your place. Be out on the street corner, waiting, OK?

:devil:

Wow...you have a weird idea of how to get to work if you are driving by my place!

Let's see...to get here by 0430 you would have had to have typed that email while driving. ;)