Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 13 Jun 2003

Liota

I hate the fact that the computers at work are constantly broken. How hard can it be to fix them? :huh:

I hate the fact the some in the USPSA family don't recognize that there IS a "fiefdom" in place with regards to class. If we don't come to grips with that fact, membership will continue to bleed. <_<

I hate the fact that after 17 years of membership...politics STILL divide the membership. :angry:

Rufus, you HAVE TO have photo images of the product. Have to. Period.

(SGrrl)USPSA's inability to market itself properly. How hard can it be?
...because MOST people NOT involved in marketing or advertising do NOT understand the importance of it in the first place! Moreover--and because of that--when introduced to the whole idea BY those of us who know its value, they don't BELIEVE us! Catch-22. Sorta. It's a frustrating business to be in. :angry::angry::angry:

Eric--

A friend of mine LOVES his Trailside. I got to fire it a few times and, though very light in weight (I'm spoiled by heavy guns) it was certainly worthy of being called "accurate." Go figure.

My rant for the day?... where in hell is all the money??!! I'm playing rob-Peter-to-pay-Paul and sliding backwards so fast I'm breaking speed records for traveling in reverse! Everyone keeps asking me if I've set up my reloader yet... Hah! Doesn't anyone realize the trappings that GO with this thing cost three or four times what the "thing" cost in the first place??!! Heck, I wanna set it up just as much as you do. Meanwhile I hafta keep paying someone else to reload for me, using, therefore, the money that should be going into the reload setup... but then how can I practice for leagues upcoming WITHOUT ammo!! GAH!!! Another Catch-22!!! Is this Catch-22 week or something?????!!!! :o:angry::(:angry::angry:

Eric--

A friend of mine LOVES his Trailside.  I got to fire it a few times and, though very light in weight (I'm spoiled by heavy guns) it was certainly worthy of being called "accurate."  Go figure.

My Trailside was the most worthless POS ever. The gun was half plastic and not in any way that was good. The chamber was so rough it wouldn't extract. The trigger mechanism was so poor that the gun would freeze in rapid fire.

$450 for a 22 and *I* have to fix it before I can go use it. I don't think so. I damn Sig and their phony corporate aura to hell.

[sorry I saw the Kiwi's ad for the Sig 210's and remember how angry I was at Sig 2 years ago...]

Erik..!! Be nice (about the SiGs...)!!!! I never said I'd BUY a Trailside, I just said I fired it and it was bloody accurate. <_< I'd never pay that much for a gun that didn't weigh a good deal more than that anyway--and I avoid guns with (shudder) plastic parts, as you know. SiG's other duty guns are really reliable and, yes, heavy.

Now, Ruger charges about that much (or more) for their upper-end .22's and for that you get a lot of accurate metal. I'll stick with my Ruger Gov' model. Heavy metal is good. ;)

I think every gun manufacturer has its 'attitude' and marketing 'position'. That's just bid'ness.

Lynn,

Thanks for the concern. Everybody's worried that I'm getting out of the game. Not even close to the truth. I literally have so many guns, that I can't keep track of them all. I have not one, but two safes. It's just ridiculous. There's only about 5 or 6 that I use with any regularity. Then, I have all the guns from my Dad's estate to deal with - most of which aren't in the safe yet.

I'll miss the 45-70 and the Luger, but I never shoot them, so why have the capital tied up in them? Time to downsize.

I hate frickin rain. :angry: Dry all week, then 2" at 5:00 today. Right when I was supposed to be climbing and the poor guys at the range had just got done with tomorrows match setup... which will probably get rained out. How am I supposed to get that 83% away from one-good-run-from-M territory without sandbagging a couple classifiers this weekend??? ;)

i hate that i cann't get through a bigger match with out F'ing up. i shoot the mich. 3 gun and zero'd the rifle stage. that wouldn't be so bad if i hadn't shoot so well on most of the others.( i even won 2 stages) i know it's all me, i got to get my head into the game.