Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your bicycle pics!

G-ManBart

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine. Bought the frame off ebay for $200 and assembled it with new campagnolo record shifters, derailures, cranks, eurus wheels with shimano dura ace brake set. Handle bar by ITM, Thompson seat post and red saddle replaced with black Fizik saddle - very comfy. That red selle itallia saddle was so hard on my tootsies. :( Weighs 16 lbs.

post-3439-1210989267.jpg

Edited by AzoneHits

Dayum....$200 frame to sweet ride! I actually went to the shop to buy a Fizik Arione, but they were out. I'd test ridden a bike with the Spec Toupe Ti and thought it was pretty comfy so I went with that. I'd still like to try the Fizik as they have great reviews. R,

Dayum....$200 frame to sweet ride! I actually went to the shop to buy a Fizik Arione, but they were out. I'd test ridden a bike with the Spec Toupe Ti and thought it was pretty comfy so I went with that. I'd still like to try the Fizik as they have great reviews. R,
That's what I bought G-Man.

Here's mine. Bought the frame off ebay for $200 and assembled it with new campagnolo record shifters, derailures, cranks, eurus wheels with shimano dura ace brake set. Handle bar by ITM, Thompson seat post and red saddle replaced with black Fizik saddle - very comfy. That red selle itallia saddle was so hard on my tootsies. :( Weighs 16 lbs.

What a steal! SO sounds like your saddle cost almost as much as your frame! Now that is a bike I wouldn't feel bad riding year round. I'm a bit of a weenie when it comes to my fine steel frame in bad weather :wacko:

I'm a fan of the new design of the Selle Italia Flite Ti saddle. I've ridden at least 3 of the old style saddles into the ground.

That's the beauty of the Blur as well. the design of the rear suspension locks it out when you pedal, its the fastest and best handling bike I have ever ridden and I have ridden a whole lot of 'em!

The Epic is also an amazing bike, esp when coupled with the brain shock.

Colin? Do you ride Caesar's Creek? Race Butler? Your name sounds familiar...

Hard to argue with the blur too

I do ride Caesars. Dont race tho. Also ride Idlewild, any anything else close

Here is my road bike:

Cannondale R1000 Aero.

Love the bullet holes....where'd you get them? R,

I really can't remember... I think from Jim Shannahan...... They generate some interesting looks when I come to stop lights. When I am in group rides, people can help to ask. So, I tell them about USPSA....

• 1 month later...

It is a Fat Chance Ti. I picked it up a couple of years ago like new and built with basically w/ every ti component. I made a couple of upgrades like a stealthy 9 speed thumbshifter system (hint: dura ace end of bar shifters) on modern King Rear end.

I have beenn riding a Fat Chance Yo Eddy (chromoly) since 94. Both are same year 93 and both medium so it cool to switch between them to compare frame materials.

I think I owe some pics here and promise to get some up soon.

FWIW...I've riden other rigs since owning the Yo, but that is the one that stays..well and the ti now too.

Ionbond...could you do a hardtail? or even want to? just a random thought...

Fat Chance, of course! That's awesome, that must be one sweet ride. Are you asking if IonBond could finish a frame or asking if I'd be interested in a hardtail? I suspect yes to the first question, as to price I'd have to ask. Yes to the second if money was no object. I got my start in BMX a long time ago and then started MTB'ing around '87. I didn't get a dually until '97 and I am pretty spoiled but I would like to tool around on a hardtail singlespeed for giggles. The dually is great for letting the technology do some of the work for you as you don't have to finesse the bike over every little root and rock. Post those pics when you get a chance.

Been riding a late-90's GT Talera. Got this a couple weeks ago.

Trek6300e.jpg

Haven't had time to take any piccies.

Added a seat pack and Shimano 520 pedals. New saddle is in the works and lighter wheels if I get to the point where the weight of the bike is more of an issue than the weight of my a$$.

Edited by Gary Johnson

• 2 months later...

My first Roady, '08 LG REVOLUTION 4.5

8303019_001_xlarge_f.jpg

Ultegra in the rear, 105 up front and for shifters. Alum frame, carbon fork, seat stay and seat post.

When I feel like being reckless/stupid

'02 Trek 4900

2002%20Trek%204900.gif

Edited by Mike Dame

• 2 weeks later...

Taken this morning before our no-shooting-Saturday morning ride.

post-2776-1223139097_thumb.jpg

Left to right:

- My 1999 Mongoose SX6.5

- Mrs. Nemo's 1999 Mongoose SX4.5

- Frisco's brand new 2008 Iron Horse Maverick 4.2 (he bought this one with the proceeds from his brass sale)

- Junior's 2006 Iron Horse Maverick 1.2

The family that rides and shoots together...

B)

• 2 months later...