Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEEDS HELP .40S&W

Rolex

OK- Itryed some of the OAL's for the .40 and they are too long for the mag-

they wont go in. Srarted off at 1.200 NG now down to 1.175 still to long.

I will be using VV320- Lone Wolf 5" Glock 35. Should I forget about the

book and just go low enough till the fit the mag. All eight mags are new

and work fine with factory ammo of all types. <_<

OK- Itryed some of the OAL's for the .40 and they are too long for the mag-

they wont go in. Srarted off at 1.200 NG now down to 1.175 still to long.

I will be using VV320- Lone Wolf 5" Glock 35. Should I forget about the

book and just go low enough till the fit the mag. All eight mags are new

and work fine with factory ammo of all types. <_<

Not a Glock expert, but I believe you must be 1.150 or less. 1.145 comes to mind. Your OAL now is for S_I type 40s.

Not sure what book your talking about...and not sure why you would load a glock any longer than factory load. 1911/2011 frames were designed for .45acp so that's why they are loaded longer but if factory works in your glock, maybe you should just load factory length.

Not sure what book your talking about...and not sure why you would load a glock any longer than factory load. 1911/2011 frames were designed for .45acp so that's why they are loaded longer but if factory works in your glock, maybe you should just load factory length.

[/te]

To low will put the pressure up-so I started long as others said to

1.163 will feed into mags and then pop out.

Before you continue, I recommend speaking to a person you know that has been reloading for awhile and has some experience. No offense to you because we all start ignorant. It helps to have someone sit down with you and go over each step and explain the reloading manuals to you.

If you have a major load @ 1.200 you must drop the powder charge about 1 tenth for every 10 thousanths OAL to keep the power factor the same & not over pressure it.

Very good rule of thumb!I load for my G22 at 1.135 all bullets with the stock barrel.I haven't had any problems safely making Major yet.-Mike

I load my glock 24/35 limited loads to 1.135 OAL. They work fine for the mags and the KKM barrels. This is with 180 Zero JHPs. Other bullets may require a shorter length.
What powder and how much do you drop!

I load my glock 24/35 limited loads to 1.135 OAL. They work fine for the mags and the KKM barrels. This is with 180 Zero JHPs. Other bullets may require a shorter length.
What powder and how much do you drop!

4.9gr of Universal Clays

http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/documents/hl40sw.pdf

try this out.

As Benny stated, you must really reduce the amount of powder to prevent having too much pressure. Also check your primers after you have shot to see if there is too much pressure.

BTW: you can download the VV manual or call the North American Technical Rep for VV.

Regards,

Edited by pjb45

until you get the hang of things, i would suggest a slower powder like WSF and definitely consult a published reloading manual.

Granted, the guys on the internet do know a lot, but there are also a bunch of guns blown to pieces because they sometimes think they know more than they do.

1.135 is the max that fits in my glock mags in 40 caliber

1.130 is a good number to account for the loading tolerances.

BTW, WSF is good powder and makes 180+ power factor safely.

harmon