Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

National Two-Wheeled Homogenius Suicide Day

EricW

On the way to the range today, some doofus on a Harley ripped in front of me on a windy, hilly, two-lane country road...and proceeded to drive in the LEFT lane and nearly smacked a 3/4 pickup head-on until I laid on the horn to wake him up.

On the way back from the range, it was "race" your 10-speed day on the same road. They had all kinds of sandwich boards admonishing me to be aware of slowpokes in spandex shorts.

At first...nothing...

Then...it was Band of Dumbshits. Morons on bikes, riding 5 abreast on the same road with blind hills, blind corners, that every resident and farmer drives at 60 plus on...

... and two of the riders were in the LEFT lane!!

(Yes, I called the Sheriff. I'm all for a thorough scrubbing of the shallow end of the gene pool, but unfortunately a driver or passenger will get killed in the process.)

What ever happened to swallowing a 38 special? A 12 gauge with the big toe on the trigger, perhaps? What about sleeping pills and herion overdoses? What makes people so damned special that they can't commit suicide the old fashioned way? If you want to die, be man or woman enough to do it the right way. Do it in the woods so that no one has to replace the carpets or patch drywall. Have some courtesy.

======================================================================================

To cap off a really productive day of shooting, I decided to go to the store and get some steaks. There's three kids (19 is a "kid" to me) with two dogs outside the door. The dogs are mutts, but very nice mutts. The owners aren't so nice. Two walk. One rides the BMX bike he stole from the school across town when he was 11.

I forgot my wallet and had to go back to my car to get it. I watch the "alpha punk" start dragging these poor dogs by their leashes. He's an angry young man. <sigh> I get my wallet and walk back to the store. Alpha punk is in a rage. He's yanking the dogs completely off the ground by their leashes and slamming them into the pavement. I had enough. I tell the kids in no uncertain terms to stop beating on the dogs or they could deal with the cops. They lip me off.

Wrong answer, assholes.

I flag down a cop across the road and three other people in the parking lot back me up that the kid was beating on the dogs. One is an ex-cop.

Nobody got arrested. The dogs didn't get taken like I'd hoped they would, but if nothing else, maybe we got alpha punk's attention. Nobody's going to sit around and let you beat on anything. So there.

Edited by EricW

I watch the "alpha punk" start dragging these poor dogs by their leashes. He's an angry young man. <sigh> I get my wallet and walk back to the store. Alpha punk is in a rage. He's yanking the dogs completely off the ground by their leashes and slamming them into the pavement. I had enough. I tell the kids in no uncertain terms to stop beating on the dogs or they could deal with the cops. They lip me off.

I think I would have told them to stop in a slightly...firmer...way.

Dale,

I'll only be in the AWM club if it includes Yamil and Nemo.

Honestly, I don't feel *angry*. It's more of a "What on earth were you thinking!" day.

I think Yamil and Nemo qualify:

His last name and religion don’t matter. His background might be Italian, English, Polish, German, Slavic, Irish, or Russian, and he might have Cherokee, Mexican, or Puerto Rican mixed in, but he considers himself a white American.

:cheers:

Anyone know when moron hunting season opens?

Yes. It opened yesterday here. No bag limit. But, frankly, the hunting is so easy it's not terribly sporting.

And I think the AWM club should be renamed "Irritated, Educated, Self-Reliant Peoples Club." White's got nothing to do with it. Every idiot I met today was a card-carrying Anglo Saxon. ;)

Morons are morons, they don't inhabit any one particular race / ethnic group, they are unfortunately too dumb to kick themsleves off the planet. They do shit all for themselves in any event, so we might as well increase the average IQ of the gene pool.

(AikiDale @ Apr 27 2008, 08:20 PM)

Unless the law has been changed, stupidity in nature is a capital offense.

+1 or more

And I think the AWM club should be renamed "Irritated, Educated, Self-Reliant Peoples Club." White's got nothing to do with it. Every idiot I met today was a card-carrying Anglo Saxon. ;)

Come on Eric, quit being such a racist! AWM was obviously a symbolic reference to Irritated, Educated, Self-Reliant People and was not intended to be an ethnic limiting qualifier, as indicated in the article. You are starting to sound like one of those whining ersatz feminists who do not understand 'he' and 'man' can be used to include both genders. :D

"What ever happened to swallowing a 38 special? A 12 gauge with the big toe on the trigger, perhaps? What about sleeping pills and herion overdoses? What makes people so damned special that they can't commit suicide the old fashioned way? If you want to die, be man or woman enough to do it the right way. Do it in the woods so that no one has to replace the carpets or patch drywall. Have some courtesy. "

Talk about truer words never spoken.