Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another big forest fire..its ugly

GentlemanJim

We have another big fire burning just a few miles west of here.

several small towns in the path are being evaced to our high school gym.

I know a number of people that will lose their homes in the next few hours.

We have been watching this from our second floor windows...you can see flames that have to be hundreds of feet tall sweeping down the canyons.

The smoke is incredible and goes on for miles.

It just sucks...we have very high winds right now ...and about nothing can be done to bring this under control.

I know several of our friends live in a canyon that I can see from here....that canyon is just a wall of flames

We are going to go take some food to the refugees then drive out and see what we can see.

Will post some pics later

Please say a few words for the folks in peril.

Jim :(

We have another big fire burning just a few miles west of here.

several small towns in the path are being evaced to our high school gym.

I know a number of people that will lose their homes in the next few hours.

We have been watching this from our second floor windows...you can see flames that have to be hundreds of feet tall sweeping down the canyons.

The smoke is incredible and goes on for miles.

It just sucks...we have very high winds right now ...and about nothing can be done to bring this under control.

I know several of our friends live in a canyon that I can see from here....that canyon is just a wall of flames

We are going to go take some food to the refugees then drive out and see what we can see.

Will post some pics later

Please say a few words for the folks in peril.

Jim :(

Prayers sent for your neighbors, and for you Jim.

Stay safe!

Just back from Monzano..a small town west of here

Slurry Bombers dropped lots of stuff on the ridge just to the west of the town...now that its dark you can see the fire is just about surronding the town.

Just as we were leaving the fire was blowing up on to the ridge.

Lots of folks refused to leave ...and lots are along side the roads watching the fire

Some of our friends have packed up and are ready to scram if need be.

The town folks have taken tons of food and stuff to the red cross center at the gym...so anyone who needs it will be ok.

If our pics came out I will post some later.

PS we are in NO danger here...its several miles away and the wind is taking it away from us.

Jim

th_PICT0104-1.jpg

th_PICT0089.jpg

th_PICT0114.jpg

Edited by GentlemanJim

I have been watching that fire, pretty much, since it started. It is huge. :unsure: Where I am living is right in front of it.

Hey Jay,

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. I walked over to say hi on Sat morning, but that was right when the shooter's meeting broke up, so I didn't get to....next time!

Man I hope and pray all is well. I pray no one gets got by the fire. New Mexico has been hard hit as of late and sure am praying for rain and NO wind for you guys. Stay safe. KURTM

I have been watching that fire, pretty much, since it started. It is huge. :unsure: Where I am living is right in front of it.

Heck of a welcome to NM? :blink:

I hate that people loose their homes, but I love the pictures of the old bombers used to fight the fires.

The news now says 20 structures but only 9 homes

They dont seem to be too on top of this.....but 9 is a lot better than 20

Jim

Structures = all of the out buildings not homes. We get some fires up here in the forest and wilderness areas, they list structures that have been damage which equates to old cabins and such that have been abandoned.

Nothing worse than to have a fire threatening communities! I have been on a couple, laying down bucket after bucket trying to get a safe wet area around homes trying to save them.

I see the fire season is getting off to a good (ie bad) start. We have been getting cold weather and snow up here hope this isn't an indication as to how my summer is going to end up!

DW