Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do Guns Match Their Owners Personalityt?

It's a truism(?) that couples start to resemble each other with time, that owners start to resemble their pets.

So, do shooters resemble their guns?

I.E., would someone who is unreliable also choose an unreliable gun? Para's? Rock River?

Well, we could refer back to today's Friday Flamer for some insight on that...!! :o;)

Or go back to The Gallery to review all the blaster pix that've made their way there out of pride or vanity...

But how do you explain someone who owns, say, a Kimber AND a Glock...? :huh::o:D

Well, we could refer back to today's Friday Flamer for some insight on that...!! :o;)

Or go back to The Gallery to review all the blaster pix that've made their way there out of pride or vanity...

But how do you explain someone who owns, say, a Kimber AND a Glock...? :huh::o:D

Smart, Good looking and Cheap??

Maybe the cheap was directed at the Kimber compared to an S_I?

I was one of the first photographers in our office to use auto-focus cameras, starting about a decade ago, and the first to go 100 % digital. So to me it makes sense that I shoot cutting edge technology (Glock) more than I do ancient history (1911). Oooops, this isn't the Friday flame war...... :unsure::unsure::blink:

I never thought about it before, but my guns probably do resemble me. The finishes look like hell. There are usually a few non-essential parts missing. Friends have dared me not to modify new guns, knowing that I can't help it. I always seem to have to do something to personalize them. :rolleyes:

If they are reliable and accurate, I don't care about how they look. But, how they feel and perform is very important. The guns are just a conduit that carries me to the shooting and provides feed back from the target. Shooting another persons gun is like wearing their shoes. They may be the right size, but they just don't feel like mine.

Big and heavy,,,,,describes me and my Limited gun........which is a stainless Para that I've put in a heavy GR, replaced the plastic MSH with a steel one,,,,added a big magwell and soon she's getting a heavy bull barrel.

Kind of like me,,,,I keep getting heavier too :P

H4444