Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anti Gun Philly!

Don45cal

Are they the dates of the Democratic convention? The urban people I work with are hinting at riots if their prefered candidate doesn't get the nod.

I read the text of the Phila gun laws. The hollowpoint ban and registration parts are particularly painful.

A hollow point ban?!?!? WTF I guess when you shoot someone it's not supposed to do damage? God knows nobody was ever killed with FMJ bullets.

I used to live in Philly, both in Center City and then South Philly. I love that town, but I hope they do riot. Nothin' like a good dose of reality to wake people up. I'm an uncultured Texan who by definition hates anyone not white (which includes me), gays, foreiners, gubmint, pinko commie bastards, and anyone else the stereotype says I should hate. (yes, the sarcasm mode was on high). I have never experienced as much bigotry and racism as when I lived in a nice cultured environment like Philadelphia. I was at a complete loss for words at times. The funniest part was they still think that people where I live are the racist, bigoted, homophobes. Yes there are a few people like that here, but there it was commonplace. I wish some of those "open minded" types could see themselves in the mirror.

Go Broad Street Bullies!!!!!!

A hollow point ban?!?!? WTF I guess when you shoot someone it's not supposed to do damage? God knows nobody was ever killed with FMJ bullets.

I used to live in Philly, both in Center City and then South Philly. I love that town, but I hope they do riot. Nothin' like a good dose of reality to wake people up. I'm an uncultured Texan who by definition hates anyone not white (which includes me), gays, foreiners, gubmint, pinko commie bastards, and anyone else the stereotype says I should hate. (yes, the sarcasm mode was on high). I have never experienced as much bigotry and racism as when I lived in a nice cultured environment like Philadelphia. I was at a complete loss for words at times. The funniest part was they still think that people where I live are the racist, bigoted, homophobes. Yes there are a few people like that here, but there it was commonplace. I wish some of those "open minded" types could see themselves in the mirror.

Go Broad Street Bullies!!!!!!

I agree, I lived across the river in Camden and some of the most racist and bigoted people I ever met lived there. On the flip side there are a lot of great people there as well.

I went throught high school in rural south central PA, and returned there in '86 when I came off active duty with the Army. Shortly thereafter ('88), PA passed its concealed carry law, which Philadelphia opted out of. State law changed later to require the city to honor concealed carry.

Philadelphia shares the same attitude as New Orleans - both cities consider themselves the center of culture and commerce for their state, and the rest of both states wish they would just disappear and quit sucking up a disproportionate share of tax revenue.

I have never experienced as much bigotry and racism as when I lived in a nice cultured environment like Philadelphia.

I agree, it is pretty bad. Worse, is even though I am a minority there, it is acceptable for people at work to call me names, (and it happens somewhat often) but I cannot do the same without being fired and possibly getting criminal charges.