Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Mtn. moonclip holder

6-shot

Got my moonclip holder from Bob last week,and finally got to practice with it today. I really like the way it holds the moons and the way it sits on the belt. Thanks Bob for a great product. I recomend it to all wheelgunners.

Scott

The best part about the North Mountain product is that you will never dislodge moonclips from the holder no matter how hard you run or abruptly you move, and yet when you reach for a moon it almost jumps into your hand. The kydex tension concept works perfectly.

I'll second the recommendation.

The best part about the North Mountain product is that you will never dislodge moonclips from the holder no matter how hard you run or abruptly you move, and yet when you reach for a moon it almost jumps into your hand. The kydex tension concept works perfectly.

Me too!

Got my moonclip holder from Bob last week,and finally got to practice with it today. I really like the way it holds the moons and the way it sits on the belt. Thanks Bob for a great product. I recomend it to all wheelgunners.

Scott

"Thanks Bob for a great product"

+1

And, for being great to deal with

We shot the South Carolina State Match this weekend and 9 out of the 11 shooters used the North Mountain rig.

It's catching on fast, for those that don't have one; take off your member’s only jacket; shave those sideburns, and step into NOW.

Never say never Mike! You just have to jump really high. I think it was three or four feet for me!

I do love this holder and recommend it as well. I think I will call Bob and get another one.

41mag

Jumping three or four feet??

Maybe Cliff is right when he says shooters from Ohio are a bunch of monkeys. (I always just assumed he was referring to Phil.) ;)

Edited by Carmoney

Never say never Mike! You just have to jump really high. I think it was three or four feet for me!

I do love this holder and recommend it as well. I think I will call Bob and get another one.

41mag

Good shooting Pat, Thanks for the stage tips.

The moon did not fall off Pat's holder; the kydex broke at the bend. Bob has changed his process and that problem has been eliminated.

Those Ohio boys can break anything.

We shot the South Carolina State Match this weekend and 9 out of the 11 shooters used the North Mountain rig.

It's catching on fast, for those that don't have one; take off your member’s only jacket; shave those sideburns, and step into NOW.

I really like mine, but I think it might be slightly defective. I watched Cliff and Pat shoot a few stages this weekend at the SC state match and my reloads are no where near as fast as thiers. May possibly be operator error. Maybe next time they can put all the revolver people together.

Greg Q

Ordered mine from Bob last week! I think I have a Members Only jacket in my closet somewhere. Maybe I should put it up in the classifieds. I'll package them with a mullet and leg warmers!

Seiichi

Ordered mine from Bob last week! I think I have a Members Only jacket in my closet somewhere. Maybe I should put it up in the classifieds. I'll package them with a mullet and leg warmers!

Seiichi

Keep em, in SoCal you should fit right in.....

+1

And, for being great to deal with

Yea what he said also,Bob asked what gun it was for and told me the differences between 610 and 625(slighly smaller posts needed for 610).

Once again Thank you Bob :bow:

Scott

Seiichi

Keep em, in SoCal you should fit right in.....

I got my holders in the mail today. Bob made the posts so they would work with both my 686 and my 627. They are awesome.

Bob was great to work with. I sent him a couple of moonclips and the type of belt I would be using, and I had my holders back in about a week. Simple but effective design.

Seiichi

I would have gone with one of these too,if they had been available when I bought my Speed-E-Rack.I really like there versatility.I'll probably get one sometime down the road,but for now,I'd like to get a Single Stack rig put together.-Mike

• 3 months later...
Somebody needs to post one of the photos of the revolver crew from the Summer Blast.....virtually all of the wheelgunners were using North Mountain holders!

I'm a different caliber of shooter than the rest of the revolver squad, and Bob fixed me up with a NM holder with the thinner posts I needed. [that first part's a joke... you know... 38 Spl vs 45 ACP... different caliber... oh, forget it :wacko: ].

I bought one of his single post holders at Summer Blast and found that it's also the perfect way to carry two moons concealed out on the street. And if I wanted, I could probably carry that eight moon holder under a T shirt too. This is one of the most useful products I have seen in a long time.

Imagine that... perfect for street use, but NOT IDPA legal. But I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Dave Sinko

Unfortunately, we couldn't get all the Summer Blast wheelgunners into the photo, due to the various shooting schedules, but the "dirty dozen" who were present on Saturday afternoon for the group shot posted above are as follows:

Standing (L-R): Dennis, Stan, Gary, Bob, Dave, Cliff, Luke, Mike, Darren, Pat

Kneeling (L-R): Echo, Glenn

As you can see, it was a festival of North Mountain Moonclip Holder wearers!

I would also like to point out that this crew is decidedly more attractive and photogenic than most of the revolver group shots you see posted on this forum. (No Cardens or Surgis.) ;)

I would also like to point out that this crew is decidedly more attractive and photogenic than most of the revolver group shots you see posted on this forum. (No Cardens or Surgis.) ;)

+1, although I think Dave is a distant relative to David and Paul.

If you go prone will the North Mountain holder dump clips, or even worse get crushed when I flop down on it? From the pictures it looks like it might be too wide to wear on the side to keep it out of the way.

I shoot NRA Action Pistol and have not found a good solution for carrying my moon clips. Most guys use speedloaders and carry around a little tray to dump their brass in and they have the blocks in them that hold their ammo in position to be picked up by the speedloader.

I've been using a mag dump pouch to carry my clips, but if I forget to take it off before going prone I dump clips everywhere. Looking for a better solution.

In my (limited) experience with it, the North Mountain will not dump clips or get crushed when going prone. It does make the clips tough to get at, but a lot of guys will have a single post NM or a Cali Comp holder in the back on the strong side for a LAMR/prone/suicide (for those stages when everything goes wrong) moonclip(s).