Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which would you choose

JimmyZip

Getting ready to order bullets next week. And the choices I'm looking at are;

Precision Delta 124 gr. fmj @ $72.00 per 1000

Precision Bullets 125 gr. moly coated @ $64.00 per 1000

Zero (Powder Valley) $124 gr. fmj @ 69.00 per 1000

Montana Gold 124 gr. fmj @ $94.00 per 1000

Question is, for a newbie that wants the most for his money, what would you suggest? My last fmjs were Winchesters but they are going up and I am wanting to try something new. Thanks,

JZ

Question is, for a newbie that wants the most for his money, what would you suggest? My last fmjs were Winchesters but they are going up and I am wanting to try something new. Thanks,

JZ

My son has been running the PV Zero bullets with great success. It's the cheapest FMJ I've been able to find and we've been very pleased with them. The Moly-coated Precisions are good too, but produce a bit more smoke than the FMJs. For an extra $5 per K, I prefer the Zeros.

Good luck in your search.

JZ

If you order a case of the MG 124s they work out to $73.60 per K to your door.

The PV Zeros also will have shipping added that will make them more expensive than $69 per K (I've always paid about $12 shipping on PV Zeros).

For the extra $1.60 per K over Precision Deltas I'd go with Montana Gold. Zeros are nearly impossible to find with any regularity so I stopped trying to find them and MG has done as well, or better for me. R,

Well thanks for the quick response. I was under the impression that the prices that I saw on the sites was shipped but, apparenlty I was mistaken. Anyway, I will try the MGs and let you know how they work out. Once again, thank you,JZ

I am using the PD 147's for matches and they are working out well. Haven't shot any MG. For the same money or close, I would rather have the Zeros than PD. I would use any of the jacked bullets listed over the moly coated unless there was a big price difference. I'm not cheap, just value oriented. :D

I believe the $5 for residential address, is a holdover from when the bullets used to go UPS. The web page has not been updated.

I've ordered from MG a few times. The bullets came USPS flat rate to my house, and they did not charge the extra $5.

Zeros are supposed to be good bullets..wish I had some to try.

I am currently using up some Bear Creeks moly coated lead. If you havent tried 147 grainers you should...I have shot several

different weights and really like the feel of the 147's. A nice push rather than a sharp snap for me. Shooting a XD 9 tact.

I believe the $5 for residential address, is a holdover from when the bullets used to go UPS. The web page has not been updated.

I've ordered from MG a few times. The bullets came USPS flat rate to my house, and they did not charge the extra $5.

Just tried it, its 5$ per item.

Just tried it, its 5$ per item.

When I ordered, the $5 per item showed up on my invoice, but they didn't actually bill it to me. I assumed that it was because I live two hours away from them but wide45's answer makes more sense. :)