Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Testing the Nikon D3

ysued

The second 'one' is sharpest, I like that the third picture doesn't have the blownout blue light on the holster in front of the grip. The warmer tones of the first 'one' are cool (warmer is cool, now tell me that makes any sense at all) and I don't think I like the white,yellow,blue lighting style but I don't publish gun mags.

Take that D3 to a Baseball Game and Test It!!! I bet it does a great job catching a slide into home during a night game. :cheers:

The second 'one' is sharpest, I like that the third picture doesn't have the blownout blue light on the holster in front of the grip. The warmer tones of the first 'one' are cool (warmer is cool, now tell me that makes any sense at all) and I don't think I like the white,yellow,blue lighting style but I don't publish gun mags.

Take that D3 to a Baseball Game and Test It!!! I bet it does a great job catching a slide into home during a night game. :cheers:

Funny you mention Baseball!!

Tis D3 was a Loaner form NPS, I got the 14-24/2.8, the 24-70/2.8 and the 70-200/2.8, You need longer lenses for Baseball!!

This image was ht this week with a Canon EOS 1DMKIIn with the 300/2.8IS

It's a good thing my frind Max has about $15K in Long Canon Glass he loans me for Sports!!

2q1hzso.jpg

I don't think I like the white,yellow,blue lighting style but I don't publish gun mags.

The funny thing about this is that American Handgunner and Ichi conditioned most of the Gun Rag Readers to this style of lighting, and everyone expects it!! And I must oblige!!

Y

I don't think I like the white,yellow,blue lighting style but I don't publish gun mags.

The funny thing about this is that American Handgunner and Ichi conditioned most of the Gun Rag Readers to this style of lighting, and everyone expects it!! And I must oblige!!

Y

You do it very well, but light outside the box! Be yourself! Set a new trend. I don't know who Ichi is, but his time has come and gone. I for one am tired of gun mag covers looking the same every issue. ;)

Do one better!

Image #2 has to be from the D3. The color gradations are MUCH better. Is that 14 or 16 bit color on the CCD?

Every Image ws done with the D3, 14 Bit, lossless Compressed NEF.

I'm going to have a hard time returning this camera next week!!

And the Glass :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I need a big job so i can afford this kit!!

You do it very well, but light outside the box! Be yourself! Set a new trend. I don't know who Ichi is, but his time has come and gone. I for one am tired of gun mag covers looking the same every issue. ;)

Do one better!

Thanks!! I think you are right, not every image has to look like an Ichi Image, but the public needs to be educated to accept something different.

Do you think tastes will change??

Y

Very nice. I've been wanting to do product type shots of my guns but do not know how to set it up. Could you take a pic of your setup.

I wish it was that simeple :lol: :lol:

The difference between shot #1 ad shot #2 is a 6" movement in one light and a doubling up of the Blue gel!!

And they do look different!!

It all comes down to practice!!

Just like Dry Firing :lol: :lol:

Y

The partially obscured name on the jacket in #3 is a distraction. The text in gun photos should server a purpose as part of the photo or be absent.

10 seconds in Photoshop!!

You didn't see the cloning I did in shot #3!!

That was extensive!!

Y

Do one better!

Thanks!! I think you are right, not every image has to look like an Ichi Image, but the public needs to be educated to accept something different.

Do you think tastes will change??

Y

Yep. Before Ichi I bet the covers all looked the same. Then a photo editor at Handgunner or someplace saw Ichi do something different, said "WOW" and now they all have to look the same. The right picture in front of the right photo editor will begin the next must have style. Maybe something in Hard Chrome.... :cheers:

The partially obscured name on the jacket in #3 is a distraction. The text in gun photos should server a purpose as part of the photo or be absent.

In that one, it serves a purpose.....

Randi Rogers is a Team Glock member and most importantly, the person that received this Image on Friday, liked it,

And............. I like it that way too.

Yep. Before Ichi I bet the covers all looked the same. Then a photo editor at Handgunner or someplace saw Ichi do something different, said "WOW" and now they all have to look the same. The right picture in front of the right photo editor will begin the next must have style. Maybe something in Hard Chrome.... :cheers:

That reminds me of the mid to late 80's when Aaron Jones in NM started the "Painting with Light" Fad!! He would go to the extent to have Art Directors sign an NDA so nobody would know how he did it, until he started selling his "Hosemaster" thingiemajiggie for $5K

I got one on Ebay in 2000 for $300!! Used the Crap out of it until I went Digital, I actually shot a Cabelas Cover with it, the Shooting 2001 Cover.

Digital Killed the Hosemaster!! You can get on on Ebay now for $50!! It makes a great Door Stop!!

Y