Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Charles,

Hopalong knows the lay of the land down there better than I. While I'm not worried, it'll just be nice to check after the baggage monkies do their best to the luggage.

Rich

Hi Rich,

From the confirmation letter I sent you on Oct 29th:

Test Firing and Zeroing

A “Test fire” area will be available as well as the AMU gunsmiths to make emergency repairs. The use of the “Test fire” area will be with Gunsmith approval only.
A zero range will be available at a different location, a few miles from the Brinson Range on Ft Benning. This zero range area will be available for use by registered shooters the day before they are scheduled to shoot, from noon until 5:00 pm. BEFORE you can use the zero range, you must turn in your Waiver of Liability form in stats and obtain a card that will be your access pass for the zero range.

See you in a few weeks

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

I attached the file here. See if that helps

FB3GForm.pdf

Linda Chico (L-2035)

What about the Liability waiver, The one I see on the website for the 2008 tournament has 2007 on it. Do we just fill out a new one at the gate or will that be updated also?

Or a Clam Shell where both targets start lying flat on the ground and when activated they both rise. The front is a no-shoot and will rise up to cover the shoot target whick is also rising. The speed is controlled by hydralic cylinders.

Does anybody here know what a "max trap" is?

Thanks,

Mike

A max trap target has two targets, the front targetis typically a NS that drops forward and then stands back up in front of the shoot target.

Alan

+1 the front target has a weight on a post that falls off as the no shoot tilts froward letting it go back to cover the shoot target again. its different in that you aim at the no shoot & wait for it to "Duck" out of the way to get your hits on the target behind it

JF

I attached the file here. See if that helps

FB3GForm.pdf

Linda Chico (L-2035)

What about the Liability waiver, The one I see on the website for the 2008 tournament has 2007 on it. Do we just fill out a new one at the gate or will that be updated also?

The Weapons Declaration Form was updated and a notice sent to everyone because there was a SUBSTANTIAL change in the form. It now requires serial numbers for weapons & the old form did not have space for that. You need that form to get in the gate. You could have gotten a new one at the gate & filled it out, but with carloads of shooters arriving with a minimum of 3 weapons each, it makes it easier if you have the correct form.

There was no substantial change in the Liability Waiver form. The gate will have no Waiver of Liability forms. Those need to be turned in at registration. You cannot use the zero range, shoot the side matches, or the match itself unless that waiver is on file in stats. I corrected the '07 to '08. If anyone printed it earlier, simply scratch off 2007 and write 2008 above it. There is no need to re-print or re-sign for one digit on the date.

I will have Waiver forms available in stats, but I encourage you to arrive with it already filled out. It will save you time.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I am curious about the scoring of stage 1??????

As near as I could tell there are 40 STEEL targets, on the stage and we are only allowed 20 bullets, so according to the scoring matrix, on the website. It would appear that the shooter will be starting with a 300 sec. deficit at the start buzzer. 15secs per target for FTE, 20 targets= 300 secs. and then if the shooter does not knock down all the targets that they shoot at, an additional 10secs. will be added for FTN per target. HM shooters will be at an added deficit since they can only start with 8 rounds in the handgun, and no extra magazines will be allowed on the barrels or on the person.

My basic question is............is this stage using a different scoring system, than the one in the rules? If so which one? Par time? Comstock?

Just curious???????????

Trapr

As near as I could tell there are 40 STEEL targets, on the stage and we are only allowed 20 bullets, so according to the scoring matrix, on the website. It would appear that the shooter will be starting with a 300 sec. deficit at the start buzzer. 15secs per target for FTE, 20 targets= 300 secs. and then if the shooter does not knock down all the targets that they shoot at, an additional 10secs. will be added for FTN per target. HM shooters will be at an added deficit since they can only start with 8 rounds in the handgun, and no extra magazines will be allowed on the barrels or on the person.

My basic question is............is this stage using a different scoring system, than the one in the rules? If so which one? Par time? Comstock?

Just curious???????????

Trapr

Umm...yeah. Stats had a few questions about that, too. :unsure: And my questions were more than curious.

Currently, there is a sign in the place of stage 1 that says: "Under Construction." It will be a stage with a minimum 20 rounds, and pistol only & worth 100 points total. That is the only part that is 'final' right now.

If the end result sent to me is a stage that requires an addendum to the rules (to add fixed time to this stage), everyone will be sent a message about the updates. And trust me that ANY modification will not penalize Heavy Metal, or any other class.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

So question on Stage 1. Can Heavy Metal have more than 2 mags total? Or are they limited to 16 rounds for the stage. Not that it really matters if they're all even, just curious. Also, can you only shoot the steel in front of the box you're in? Looks a little like Patience at the Pro-Am this year. I'm guessing the 3.5 point steel are lined up one behind each other? I'm just wondering if you could shoot the right side steel from the left and save the time waiting for it to fall. Looks like fun.

Just curious???????????

Trapr

Umm...yeah. Stats had a few questions about that, too. :unsure: And my questions were more than curious.

Currently, there is a sign in the place of stage 1 that says: "Under Construction." It will be a stage with a minimum 20 rounds, and pistol only & worth 100 points total. That is the only part that is 'final' right now.

If the end result sent to me is a stage that requires an addendum to the rules (to add fixed time to this stage), everyone will be sent a message about the updates. And trust me that ANY modification will not penalize Heavy Metal, or any other class.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda I am having trouble getting your e-mail address to accept from mine so I thought I would try to contact you this way. I had to withdraw from the match this year because of a changing work schedule and you indicated a refund would be sent out in early November but I have not received it as of today. Any idea when this might be coming, thanks.

Just curious???????????

Trapr

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda I am having trouble getting your e-mail address to accept from mine so I thought I would try to contact you this way. I had to withdraw from the match this year because of a changing work schedule and you indicated a refund would be sent out in early November but I have not received it as of today. Any idea when this might be coming, thanks.

Check PM's

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Here are the additions to the rules to accommodate Stage 1. I have added these to the rules posted online & will email notice of these updates to all shooters registered in the match.

---------------------------------------------------

9.3 Fixed Time (Par Time) Stages

9.3.1 Stages that are designated as Fixed Time or Par Time may limit the amount of time that a shooter may engage targets, or may limit the amount of ammunition available to the shooter for the stage, or may limit both.

9.3.2 Targets will all have a designated value in fixed time stages and the basis of the score will be the sum of points earned
a. Maximum point value for a single weapon stage will be 100 points.

b. There are no penalties for misses or failure to engage

9.3.3 Penalties will be based on points and subtracted from the stage score

a. Overtime shots will incur a 5 point penalty.

b. Procedural penalties will incur a 10 point penalty

9.3.4 Total stage score will be the sum of the earned points, minus any penalty points. Fixed Time or Par Time stages will not be hit factored.

----------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions about how the stage will be scored, let me know.

Linda Chico (L-2035)