Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You know you've loaded a lot of ammo....

G-ManBart

When the lever on your Dillon snaps in half while loading! I was so shocked I just stood there and stared at it like it was an alien for 10 seconds....lol. I guess after 15+ years and countless tens of thousands of rounds that old lever was ready for a rest. Nice thing is that a replacement is only a phone call away.

The even nicer thing is that the wife has been nagging me to order my 1050 (Christmas/birthday present) and I just haven't gotten around to it. Guess I'll have to fix that this week :cheers:

The even nicer thing is that the wife has been nagging me to order my 1050 (Christmas/birthday present) and I just haven't gotten around to it.

I wish my wife would nag me to buy something shooting related! If she said to go buy a 1050, I'd be diving for the phone before changed her mind! :lol:

It's about time to send my 550 into Dillon for refurbishing. I think I've worn some pins/bushings out. Have to stop and beat one of 'em back in every couple hundred rounds.

About Dillons. Is it worth my while to the Square Deal? I can pick it up for about R2500-00 witch works out at $312.5 second hand, sight unseen.

I'd really be tempted to buy it. Even if it came to you broken, Dillon's No-BS Warrantee covers any problems you might have. Buying a used 550 or 650 would be even better... you could load rifle cartridges on it, and can use non-dillon dies.

If you look closely, Johan the Terrible has his location as South Africa. I don't know who picks up shipping on sending a used SDB to Dillon and back. The shipping might actually cost more than the press... I don't know.

If you look closely, Johan the Terrible has his location as South Africa. I don't know who picks up shipping on sending a used SDB to Dillon and back. The shipping might actually cost more than the press... I don't know.

DOH... sorry Chills, didn't see that. Didn't even think about shipping costs, my bad...

Which model? I've snapped the handle a Square Deal.

Yep, it was an SDB...I would love to know how many rounds have gone through that thing. I'm 50/50 on what I'll do with it when the 1050 gets here. On one hand it would be nice to have for emergencies, but on the other hand I'm thinking of selling it with the two complete caliber conversions and let that recoup the cost of one of the conversion kits for the 1050. Decisions, decisions...

FWIW, I now have a 550 and a 650. The 550 is for small primers and the 650 for large.

Man, having the option to just go from press to press rather than change out primer systems and tool heads is really, really nice. ;)

heh, I broke two on a SDB!

Enjoy your new gizmo! :cheers:

Yep, it was an SDB...

I busted two on my SDB - its over a decade old and has much rounds on it.

Yep, it was an SDB...I would love to know how many rounds have gone through that thing. I'm 50/50 on what I'll do with it when the 1050 gets here. On one hand it would be nice to have for emergencies, but on the other hand I'm thinking of selling it with the two complete caliber conversions and let that recoup the cost of one of the conversion kits for the 1050. Decisions, decisions...

Never sell a press.....