Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotguns

walangkatapat

Since my local multigun is starting up I'd like to know from more experienced shotgunners what wears out first. Whether you're using a semi or pump, Remington, Benelli, Winchester, etc. what usually goes out first? A list of back up parts would be nice to have. Right now I'm using an SX2 and so far all has been pretty good except for an occasional light primer hit.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my local multigun is starting up I'd like to know from more experienced shotgunners what wears out first. Whether you're using a semi or pump, Remington, Benelli, Winchester, etc. what usually goes out first? A list of back up parts would be nice to have. Right now I'm using an SX2 and so far all has been pretty good except for an occasional light primer hit.

On an autoloader, usually the mag spring first thing...

As this thread in the 3 gun section......

For Benelli guns. I have never personally seen one break but I have heard they sometimes do.....

Remmy 1100. Carry 2 complete guns as spares.

That way you can Lend a Gun to a friend whos spaghetti slinger jams up on a meatball :devil:

Jim :lol:

As this thread in the 3 gun section......

For Benelli guns. I have never personally seen one break but I have heard they sometimes do.....

Remmy 1100. Carry 2 complete guns as spares.

That way you can Lend a Gun to a friend whos spaghetti slinger jams up on a meatball :devil:

Jim :lol:

Nicely put Jim.

2 1/2 yrs on my m2 & never a broken part or glitch, just wins.

Was it three years ago then that you had the major problem with your Benelli? I seem to remember at Superstition the whole trigger group or something falling out. I was just getting ready to buy a Benelli at the time to replace my Remington because of the "superior reliability" when I saw that and changed my mind. Of course, that was three years ago. BTW I have a Benelli I need to send to you to get worked on.

As far as parts, I haven't broken anything on my Browning, once I figured out to put the stock mag spring back in. On the Remington though, I can email you the list, it takes up too much space on the forum. Actually, I've broken most of the gas system parts, piston rings, gas seals, action bar, interceptor latch, EZ Loader. I know I'm forgetting a few as well.

That was about 4 yrs ago. I sat my benelli down on a pre-load table & somehow the trigger pin " just jumped out & landed in a cardboard box" about 2 feet away. I had won the preveious 2 stages. Upon fireing the trigger group came out. I still think there was a skunk in the wood pile.

That was about 4 yrs ago. I sat my benelli down on a pre-load table & somehow the trigger pin " just jumped out & landed in a cardboard box" about 2 feet away. I had won the preveious 2 stages. Upon fireing the trigger group came out. I still think there was a skunk in the wood pile.

Sounds like a wooden shoe to me!!

I'm pretty sure that Kurt wasn't anywhere around us at that match.

Man was that the new style trigger pin with feet ?? ;)

What is that all about ?

With the Benelli the first thing to wear out is the shooter's wallet.

They seem to be at least a couple of hundred more than the Remington, Winchester, FN, etc. What I'd like to know is why once you get a Benelli why would you want to send it to Benny? I do need a back up shotgun, parts so that's why I'm asking questions. Should I shop around for another SX2/FN SLP or should I put out more and get the Benelli?

They seem to be at least a couple of hundred more than the Remington, Winchester, FN, etc. What I'd like to know is why once you get a Benelli why would you want to send it to Benny? I do need a back up shotgun, parts so that's why I'm asking questions. Should I shop around for another SX2/FN SLP or should I put out more and get the Benelli?

I don't have first hand experience but I'm sure you can just slap on some parts and you would get a decent performing Benelli.

When I priced it a couple of months ago a complete worked up Tactical/Lim Benelli M2 was in the $1900-$2000 range. Now with the weak dollar it's a couple of $'s more.

From what I have researched stuff that most of us can't do is lightening the bolt and welding up the shell lifter (?) so you don't mess up your thumb. In addition smoothing out and polishing the the feed area can be done by the home gunsmith... but I would rather leave that to experienced hands. I plan to add an American made stock and along with the American made follower and an American made extended shell tube and the gun will be good to go.