Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

F1

outerlimits

time to revive this thread.

season opener down under in 3 days. lots of changes, not the least are the stunningly ugly cars. well, at least slicks are back. also, will be interesting to see the new KERS system and how it might work. can't wait to see the first corner worker touch a car after an off. lots of volts! go prancing horse!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why oh why does a smart guy like Lewis stay with Mclaren. Nothing like getting last place for lying.

Scott

don't think he's that sharp-basically controlled by his dad. he'll never drive for the prancing horse.

Looks like BrawnGP is for real.

Malaysia Qualifying:

Times

01 J. Button Brawn GP 1:35.181

02 J. Trulli Toyota 1:35.273

03 S. Vettel Red Bull 1:35.518

04 R. Barrichello Brawn GP 1:35.651

05 T. Glock Toyota 1:35.690

06 N. Rosberg Williams 1:35.750

07 M. Webber Red Bull 1:35.797

08 R. Kubica BMW 1:36.106

09 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:36.170

10 F. Alonso Renault 1:37.659

11 N. Heidfeld BMW 1:34.769

12 K. Nakajima Williams 1:34.788

13 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:34.905

14 H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:34.924

15 S. Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:35.431

16 F. Massa Ferrari 1:35.642

17 N. Piquet jr. Renault 1:35.708

18 G. Fisichella Force India 1:35.908

19 A. Sutil Force India 1:35.951

20 S. Buemi Toro Rosso 1:36.107

I love the fact that everyone over the last 2 years has oohed and aahhed over Hamilton as well as Alonso when he was with Renault ther first time.

Oh how it is starting to show that maybe they arent as good as some feel they are. I would suggest that Hamilton is not as good as the media has said. Other than Mclaren, I bet he wont be able to get a drive. If he goes head to head in wequal cars there are plenty that can best him. Alonso proved it in 2007.

When they have a car that is the class of the field then they can really shine, but let them have a medium to medium high car and then they start slipping.

This last debacle at Mclaren should surprise no one as it has become their mode of operation. It is obvious to me at least that they will lie cheat and steal from whoever they can as long as they win. The whole espioange ordeal from 2007, the Alonso/de la Rosa using the data on the simulators to gain advantage and all the other subtrefuge that goes on with them is the norm. Hamilton lying, and then laying it off on the director/ I personally dont believe him.

Team Mclaren has no honor or credibility in my eyes.

I believe Sabastian Vettel and some of the other drivers who are hungry and talented are no going to rise to the top. Jensen Button and Barrichello may now become the leading contenders for the crown. I would dare say that the world championship wll look radically different than it has in recent years.

I am not a Ferrari fan but I do like their drivers. I dont believe Ferrari is given any better breaks or preferential treatment than any other team. I do believe though that they do have some sway in the decisions of the FIA as F-1 would have died a long time ago if it were not for Ferrari. They stayed with the formula in the 80's when they couldnt win a race if their life depended on it. It all changed and they started winning again and they have become 1 of the dominate forces in the sport, They have helped increase viewership and track attendance all over the world.

Looks like a very interesting season is unfolding. The atmosphere in Kuala Lumpur looks amazing. My favorite F1 track since Bernie destroyed all the great ones.

Jim

I love the fact that everyone over the last 2 years has oohed and aahhed over Hamilton as well as Alonso when he was with Renault ther first time.

Oh how it is starting to show that maybe they arent as good as some feel they are. I would suggest that Hamilton is not as good as the media has said. Other than Mclaren, I bet he wont be able to get a drive. If he goes head to head in wequal cars there are plenty that can best him. Alonso proved it in 2007.

When they have a car that is the class of the field then they can really shine, but let them have a medium to medium high car and then they start slipping.

This last debacle at Mclaren should surprise no one as it has become their mode of operation. It is obvious to me at least that they will lie cheat and steal from whoever they can as long as they win. The whole espioange ordeal from 2007, the Alonso/de la Rosa using the data on the simulators to gain advantage and all the other subtrefuge that goes on with them is the norm. Hamilton lying, and then laying it off on the director/ I personally dont believe him.

I believe Sabastian Vettel and some of the other drivers who are hungry and talented are no going to rise to the top. Jensen Button and Barrichello may now become the leading contenders for the crown. I would dare say that the world championship wll look radically different than it has in recent years.

I am not a Ferrari fan but I do like their drivers. I dont believe Ferrari is given any better breaks or preferential treatment than any other team. I do believe though that they do have some sway in the decisions of the FIA as F-1 would have died a long time ago if it were not for Ferrari. They stayed with the formula in the 80's when they couldnt win a race if their life depended on it. It all changed and they started winning again and they have become 1 of the dominate forces in the sport, They have helped increase viewership and track attendance all over the world.

Remember when Schumi moved to Ferrari. His first year was dismal. Does that mean that he was just a mediocre to decent driver.

Remember when Schumi moved to Ferrari. His first year was dismal. Does that mean that he was just a mediocre to decent driver.

schumacher was a beast-he was winning with a benneton. once he got to ferrari, the records books were written.

HuskySIG,

Its funny, I was thinking exactly the opposite. I wish F1 was more like NASCAR. Who is going to win an F1 Race? The guy leading the first lap. Why, because the passing in F1 is very very limited. The NASCAR race on Sunday had 31 lead changes, much less the hundreds of passes that happened within the field. I love the technology and strategy that goes into F1, I just wished there was more actual racing going on.

But the few passes that F1 has are often very dramatic and fun to watch.

I agree with you here. I have flicked through channels and caught glimpses of a race and an hour later it looks like I rewound a tape or something. I love the acceleration and speeds but other than that it can be pretty boring.

Schumacher was able to surrond himself with a team that built a car exactly to his liking and style of driving. Yes his first year was bad and that is part of what I am trying to convey. He was and is a great driver but the car was mediocre at best. Even Alain Prost had trouble. Schumacher came on and developed not only the car but the team. Schumacher had taken a car before he went to Ferrai (Bennetton)and beat a team and drivers that were believed to be his better. The Same when he drove for Jordan, he took a car that was not the class of the field and made it perform. I dont believe Hamilton or Alonso can do that. I almost believed Alonso could last year when he started getting the Renault competitive. I do believe Vettel has the drive and ability especially after his win last year in Monza in the wet. The rain took all the advantages that Mclaren and Ferrarti had and equalized them out. Vettel drove the wheeels off that car and the racing he did was beautiful, lots of control and reminded me of Schumacher in the rain.

In all I believe that the days of several great drivers in F1 are over, you may have 1 or 2 at the same time but seldom more than that. On the other hand, the team who comes up with the best package can make good drivers who have been backmarkers the last 2 years suddenly shine and the stars of the series, who's teams have missed the mark are now relegated to being backmarkers themselves.

I have followed F1 extensively since 1970, so I can remember when you had several great drivers all out there racing for the flag at once and sometimes the races were won by less than 2 seconds for the first 6 cars. Those days are long gone. Also gone are the great tracks as they have all been neuterred into a cookie cutter variation of the same track. Spa is still a good track, but only 1 or 2 drivers could get the car to make it flat oout thru Eau Rouge. Monza has all those chicanes to slow the cars, and they dont even use the high bank section anymore, It all very depressing to look at what they did to the great tracks.

And as another poster mentioned, Bernie has also ruined the series, and Max has not performed any favors for it either.

Schumacher was able to surrond himself with a team that built a car exactly to his liking and style of driving. Yes his first year was bad and that is part of what I am trying to convey. He was and is a great driver but the car was mediocre at best. Even Alain Prost had trouble. Schumacher came on and developed not only the car but the team. Schumacher had taken a car before he went to Ferrai (Bennetton)and beat a team and drivers that were believed to be his better. The Same when he drove for Jordan, he took a car that was not the class of the field and made it perform. I dont believe Hamilton or Alonso can do that. I almost believed Alonso could last year when he started getting the Renault competitive. I do believe Vettel has the drive and ability especially after his win last year in Monza in the wet. The rain took all the advantages that Mclaren and Ferrarti had and equalized them out. Vettel drove the wheeels off that car and the racing he did was beautiful, lots of control and reminded me of Schumacher in the rain.

In all I believe that the days of several great drivers in F1 are over, you may have 1 or 2 at the same time but seldom more than that. On the other hand, the team who comes up with the best package can make good drivers who have been backmarkers the last 2 years suddenly shine and the stars of the series, who's teams have missed the mark are now relegated to being backmarkers themselves.

I have followed F1 extensively since 1970, so I can remember when you had several great drivers all out there racing for the flag at once and sometimes the races were won by less than 2 seconds for the first 6 cars. Those days are long gone. Also gone are the great tracks as they have all been neuterred into a cookie cutter variation of the same track. Spa is still a good track, but only 1 or 2 drivers could get the car to make it flat oout thru Eau Rouge. Monza has all those chicanes to slow the cars, and they dont even use the high bank section anymore, It all very depressing to look at what they did to the great tracks.

And as another poster mentioned, Bernie has also ruined the series, and Max has not performed any favors for it either.

agree the pity is the tracks being neutered. still can enjoy spa with eau rouge and blanchimont-monza with it's speed. miss the hockenheim ring-that was flat out speed. lemans on fathers day is still worth the day sitting in the lazy boy with a bucket of beer. after that, well, time to shoot.