Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pic of me shooting the Masada at the M4C Vickers 3day class

gotm4

e7ed2ffc.jpg

It rocks. This is serial number 001 (the first Masada ever made) and has over 90K rounds through it. It's on it's 3rd barrel and has it's original bolt! and this Masada has only ever been lubed ONCE!

Bushmaster is going to be producing them for Magpul, target is 2nd quarter. Hope the target is met. These look like fun guns.

$1400 - 1600.

Here's the relevant text from the Jan 30 press release:

Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC (BFI) announced today that it has signed an exclusive license deal with Magpul Industries Corp. for the production, future development, and sales of Magpul’s prototype MASADA weapon system.

The Bushmaster ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) will initially be offered in 5.56 NATO, available for law enforcement and civilian purchase second quarter 2008. This release will be followed by military ACR versions in the 3rd quarter of 2008.

“The opportunity to partner with such an innovative company as Magpul, is a very exciting step in the growth and evolution of Bushmaster’s product line.” said Chad Brooks, CEO of Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC.

Without government funding or outside influence of any kind, the Masada concept was developed from scratch in Boulder, Colorado by Magpul’s Design Group. The initial Masada concept was first shown publicly at the 2007 Shot Show and its success prompted Magpul to spend a year redesigning the system for production.

Richard Fitzpatrick, CEO Magpul, said, “As the design progressed, we began to realize we needed to find a partner who shared our vision, and could drive production at a suitable volume without sacrificing quality. We entertained a number of ideas and offers, but in the end, a partnership with Bushmaster was the logical choice. Their production capabilities, distribution network, and brand name were the best match for our goal of getting this rifle into civilian, law enforcement, and military hands.”

The result is the ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) which keeps the fundamentals of the Masada concept with added advanced features such as firing pin block and true ambidextrous charging handle.

The ACR will be available for hands on viewing in the Bushmaster and Magpul booths in the Law Enforcement section at SHOT Show 2008, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Among the ACR’s key features are a gas piston operating system, tool-less quick change barrel, multi-adjustable folding stock with integrated storage, and backward compatibility with a number of AR15/M16 parts. Due to similar operating controls, user transition from the M16 series of weapons is easily facilitated with minimal re-training.

The Bushmaster ACR will initially be available in 3 SKUS: Standard Carbine with fixed stock, Entry Carbine with folding stock, and Special Purpose Rifle with Precision Rifle Stock. Live fire demonstration and test and evaluations beginning in the end of March to qualified law enforcement and federal government agencies.

Edited by Middle Man

The gun pictured is Ser. #1 - a prototype built by MagPul. While Magpul is a growing company, they cannot match Bushmaster's capacity to make barrels, bolts, carriers and trigger parts in house. It was a wise move to involve Bushmaster, IMHO.

The version that Bushmaster showed at SHOT had the charging handle re-positioned over the barrel - similar to a G3; HK91/93; CETME, etc. and it should also be ambidextrous.

The quick-change barrel feature will probably be retained, and MagPul had plans to offer a service where any AR-15 barrel you own could be slightly modified to work with the Masada & its piston driven system; I hope that Bushmaster keeps that feature when the gun goes into production.

Look close at the magazine in the picture: obviously that is Robb (or he borrowed the gun from Robb - hmmm, wonder which?).

Edited by Carlos

I want one! I want one! I want one!!!!!!!!!

Me too! Me too! Me too!

I may have to wait for a while, though. I don't want the first production run. I'd like them to work the bugs out before I lay down money I don't have!

AHH - If only I lived somewhere else. :blink:

What is the accuracy on them ?

Over on the Magpul dealer forum on ar15.com, Magpul says that they were getting at least 1 moa if not better with the pre-production prototypes.