Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winter

Shooter Grrl

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST SATURDAY...

...WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN WILMINGTON HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD

WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER

STORM WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

A MAJOR WINTER STORM WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE OHIO VALLEY

OVERNIGHT INTO SATURDAY. THIS STORM WILL HIT AS A ONE TWO PUNCH.

THE INITIAL PUNCH TODAY...FOLLOWED BY A BRIEF LULL IN THE SNOW

INTENSITY THIS EVENING...BEFORE PICKING UP IN INTENSITY AGAIN

OVERNIGHT WHEN STRONG LOW PRESSURE WILL COMBINE WITH AN UPPER

LEVEL DISTURBANCE TO BRING A SECOND ROUND OF HEAVY SNOW TO THE

REGION. WINDS WILL GUST UP TO 40 MPH AT TIMES OVERNIGHT. BEFORE

THE STORM ENDS SATURDAY AFTERNOON...YOU CAN EXPECT 10 TO 15 INCHES

OF ACCUMULATION. THE STRONG WINDS COMBINED WITH SNOW AND BLOWING

SNOW WILL CAUSE EXTREME WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS. THE SNOW AND

BLOWING SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO AT TIMES

CAUSING WHITEOUT...AND BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

I hate winter also! Thse night are a killer...

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 79. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. West wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming west between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northeast. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. North wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Edited by ChuckS

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 79. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. West wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming west between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northeast. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. North wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Been there, done that - left of my own free will :P

A 1 day blizzard beats Kalibanfornia's crappy gun laws, crime and high cost of living any day and every day :)

Been there, done that - left of my own free will :P

A 1 day blizzard beats Kalibanfornia's crappy gun laws, crime and high cost of living any day and every day :)

Edit: Sorry, this IS a hate rant. I hate those crappy days also. Used to live in the Chicago area. yuck...

Edited by ChuckS

Oh, so you only had one day of that bad weather this year? :rolleyes:

Um, actually, yes :) Today only - and it's been 4 years since the last time it's snowed more than a couple of inches.

(But it is freakin' cold here between Oct and March - I never understood a "shooting season" until my first October here!)

I am at work now. I like this kind of weather. We are on emergency accident reporting so I don't have to go out at all unless we have a real emergency. Looks like it's not all done yet so I may be here for a while. I don't know if i'll be able to make it home.

Silver Creek cancelled for Sunday?

It is time for warm weather.

Yup-received an email last night.

Edited to comply with hate guidelines: Blasted snow! :angry2:

Edited by Airedale

I am at work now. I like this kind of weather. We are on emergency accident reporting so I don't have to go out at all unless we have a real emergency. Looks like it's not all done yet so I may be here for a while. I don't know if i'll be able to make it home.

Hey - thanks for your service to the community :) I sure hope you made it home okay!

Silver Creek cancelled for Sunday?

It is time for warm weather.

Yup-received an email last night.

Edited to comply with hate guidelines: Blasted snow! :angry2:

No worries - not shooting because of this mess is definitely appropriate hate response here :)