Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have been a life member for years and I still get a both email and snail mail spam from the NRA. It sounds like if you give them a call the spam will trickle off though. As frustrating as the spam is I still give them money and I thinking about making the jump to a benefactor memeber. I wish my dues went to something more productive. Anyone know how the Gun Owners of America are for spaming their members? I was thinking about sending them some cash as well.

I belong to GOA- LIFE Member as well as many othe pro gun organizations. I get emails from GOA because I signed up for them. They have NEVER call me and I might get 2 or 3 mailings per year. Their motto is "NO COMPROMISE"

Mike

Yup. That's why I called up NRA Membership Services Division and asked them stop all solicitations and mailings except for my magazines. now, I only get my copy of the Rifleman and don't get any phone calls or junk mail.

Thanks for the tip.

I just called Member Services at (877) NRA-2000 (877-672-2000) and asked that they stop the erroneous mailings. It took all of 1-1/2 minutes to complete, and that includes them verifying my member ID.

Every time I renew they piss me off with $75 worth of mailings asking for more money, so I don't renew the next time. I shall join again, and use the phone number provided to prevent all the paper they send....

I belong to GOA- LIFE Member as well as many othe pro gun organizations. I get emails from GOA because I signed up for them. They have NEVER call me and I might get 2 or 3 mailings per year. Their motto is "NO COMPROMISE"

Mike

I just bookmarked their page and will learn more about them. They seem to be a worthwhile organization however I wonder how effective they have been if I, as a fairly involved gun toting, competition shooting, gun rights-concerned shooter have never heard of them before. Not saying I should have heard of every gun organization, but I do read a lot, travel extensively, have a large number of gun owning friends and acquaintances and belong to a fair number of like-minded organizations, in other words their target audience, yet why haven't they even asked me to learn about them, much less give them a donation [which I more than likely would have done]?

There are certainly many others I have heard of [Allen Gottlieb comes to mind] that I'm not as impressed with and I don't want to make this a which club's better argument, I'm just saying that in order to be effective any organization has to get the message out there. Someone referenced fire and brimstone preachers, but are you aware that many companies and industries have full-time, well-funded evangelist positions? Microsoft and Apple both do. They are involved in a struggle for the hearts and minds of consumers and will do just about anything to get their position across and their platforms in front of users. What about Democrats and Republicans? You've heard of them because they get the message out, but not so much the Alan Keys, Ralph Naders, Ron Pauls, etc. But I've certainly gotten solicitations, mailings, phone calls and requests for donation of time and money from them all.

I know we don't like this [at least I don't] but what's the alternative? Like I quoted the NRA rep when I asked him about this - "If we don't ask for it, we don't get it" If one of you has a better idea, I suggest that you first figure out how to make your own fortune from it for that is surely what would happen, then I ask you to share it with the NRA, GOA, RKBA or any other gun rights organization of your choice so they can help protect our God-given rights from the gun grabbers.

Would you give $100.00 to keep your handgun..or your rifle?

Count EVERY gun you own.. Multiply the total number X $100.00 and send the check to "NRA, GOA, RKBA or any other gun rights organization of your choice so they can help protect our God-given rights from the gun grabbers. " Make no mistake "THEY" are coming for OUR guns. All of them. They might start with the Black Rifles or the high cap pistols but it will not end until no single individual person in America has so much as a slingshot or an air rifle.

I don't know how the NRA does it but another group I belong to and get a lot of junk letters begging for money doesn't spend a dime on the letters. They contract it out and then get a percentage of the money, which supposedly is more profitible and if it doesn't work, doesn't cost the organization a dime. I hope the NRA does something like that at least, though I hate the solitications either way.

I think that with any .org we give money to if we were to find out exactly where it all goes we would be horrified.

Ted

Haven't seen you at a match for a while----you hibernating for the winter?

Bill

Thanks for thinking about me, but first I blew a shoulder (my left) so that put out of the 3-gun game and then I blew a knee last summer so now I'm walking with a cane. I'm feeling a LITTLE better and I've been thinking about trying Speed Steel. At least it's a stand and shoot...

Ed

Wow! And I thought I was the only one. :sick:

Apparently not :rolleyes: I felt the exact same way

I spent one minute and 47 seconds and canceled all of the mailings for my wife and I except for our magazines. Mailings will stop after one month when all of the preprinted and bundled kindling is out of the mail pipeline.

A huge thanks to MPolans for lowering my frustration level and improving my quality of life. :cheers: