Wii

Jack Suber

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O.K. Guitar Hero is cool.....really cool. :rolleyes: I am tired after staying up late playing it last night.

On the other hand, So far, I am not that impressed with Blazing Angels. Seems difficult to control and graphics are so-so.

But Guitar Hero......

Cool, keep us posted Jack. I wondered if the whole family would be out sick today ;) I got the kids one for Christmas and now it's time for me to get some games I like for it.

Roger,

You know, I was feeling rather poorly this morning. I wondered if I should venture into the office today feeling poorly and with the bad weather and such. :blush:

Actually, my wife and I are the only ones playing with it at the moment. John is in D.C. this week with his school. He does not know that I have Guitar Hero....yet. I am going to try to keep it a secret and see how long it takes him to figure out that I have it.... :devil:

• 2 weeks later...
We got Wii last week. It's great!
I downloaded Punch Out!! yesterday and have been in nostalgic bliss ever since!

Download? To the Wii?

Yep, you can download old NES, N64, etc games right onto your Wii if you connect it to the internet either through its built in wireless or buying the add on wired network adapter through the Wii Shop Channel on the Wii.

Edited for bad spelling....

Edited by j2fast

Dumb question......

I have my wii connected to my (WPA) wi-fi router.

I downloaded updates, and even looked at local weather.

If I shop for, and buy games through the web connection, how are they stored on the wii?

Are they stored on my SD memory chip?

I can use my Roadrunner connection? (cable modem) No extra cost?

I'd better go read up on the directions. :)

There is a cost, depending on the game. You pay with Wii points that you can purchase at around $1.00 per hundred points. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this Wiki page but the info sounds correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Points

ETA: Yes, you can use your cable internet. If you have a wifi router setup so there's wireless in the house the Wii can connect to it without additional hardware. If you don't have wifi then you would need the usb network adapter that they sell so you can plug a regular network cable into it.

Edited by j2fast

I bought one for Christmas this past year, and while I think the sports games are the heat, I have yet to find any other games my kids and I enjoy.

I so want Call of Duty 4 for it, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

I will say, that once you reach the pro level in any of the Wii Sports games, you definately get a work out!

• 1 month later...

I wanted to get one for Christmas but couldn't find one. My nearest Target/BestBuy/CircuitCity/etc are all 70 - 90 miles away so just hanging out wasn't going to do it.

Kept checking the more local stores and three times walked in to see someone carry the last one out the door as I went in. :(

About a month ago I subscribed to the rss feed at outtastock.com after realizing Amazon was getting a shipment about once a week. Last week they lasted like 6 minutes, this week 10.

Missed last week when I was away from my desk for a couple minutes (went to pee, lost out on a Wii).

However, this week there was a "in stock at Amazon" alert on the rss feed. I hopped in and grabbed one. They shipped it same day and even with standard shipping it arrived today.

I suspect I will be "sick" and not make it to work tomorrow.

With all the warnings in the instructions I didn't see anything about addiction!

It's funny that this topic is resurected, as I just set up my Wii in my classroom this morning as a reward to my students :)

Pharaoh,

What the heck are you teaching? I'd so be looking for a new job if I tried that :surprise: in my system.

Good fun with friends. Low impact. The girls even like to play.

Olympics - 4 player fun. Lots of different sports in the mix.

Wii Play - I like killin' tanks. If you aren't taking out 200 tanks or better, don't even talk to me. lol

Carnival - Just played it at a friends house the other day. (then Jenny had to get it too). 4 player.

Resident Evil 4 - I bummed this off my buddy last weekend, since I knew he wasn't going to be around to play it. I won't say how many hours I have into this game. It sucks you in. One palyer...kill evil stuff. It was kinda iffy at first, but once I got into it...

Jet Ski - 2 player :( Haven't played it much yet. So far, thumbs down.

• 8 months later...

Hello: I know this is an old thread but I just did not want to here----do a search :roflol: Well the wife bought a Wii for the family. What games do you we need for a 10 and 6 year old? What games for grown ups? Lastly what games to get into shape? I need to lose 20 pounds or so before spring. Let me know what you guys are playing. The 6 year old is playing MarioKart right now arg. Thanks, Eric

Get the Wii Fit. I lost 2.5 pounds yesterday according to the body scan. It is a lot of fun, Yoga still can't do that well. but the running is pretty cool and the soccer is a blast. Worth the money if you can find one.

10 - 6 year olds they like everything Guitar Hero and DDR are the favorites of my neices.

Oh and Mario cart, That is a blast.

I like guitar Hero got the Aerosmith version for Christmas it rocks.

for adults the MGM boxing rules if you want a boxing game, Madden is cool acutally have to hike the ball and throw it.

Check out play n trade if in your area especially in a month or two and they will have the current games used.

Save you some coin.