Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Comp Cleaner

Tactical Timmy

Good thing I have a one-piece barrel & comp :devil:

It sounds like just the ticket, although I wish it was a bit cheaper. I wonder if their other models (the first link I posted) are any good ?

This is the cheapest one they make. the first ones u were looking at are quite a bit more expensive.

I wonder if the cleaning solution would harm the fiber-optic rods in the front sight ?

It sure would be nice to just be able to drop the entire slide & barrel in the basket and walk away without worrying. :blink: I use brake cleaner to clean my guns, and am always worried about getting that on the front sight.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I am a LEO armorer and I have a pair of big ultrasonic cleaners at work. I didn't use them much the first couple of years. The L&R solution is very harsh.

I was talking to some other armorers at a training class and they all swore by Simple Green instead of the L&R solution. I tried it,. and in my expirence it actually works better. It hasen't damaged anything yet and I've been useing simple green for a year or so.

I am a LEO armorer and I have a pair of big ultrasonic cleaners at work. I didn't use them much the first couple of years. The L&R solution is very harsh.

I was talking to some other armorers at a training class and they all swore by Simple Green instead of the L&R solution. I tried it,. and in my expirence it actually works better. It hasen't damaged anything yet and I've been useing simple green for a year or so.

Do you still use the same cleaner to water ratio with the simple green as you would with the L & R Solution?

Could someone explain the cleaning process in a little more detail? Once you've soaked it in the solution [or Simple Green] do you need to rinse the solution off? If so, how; running water; other solution? I have used Simple Green as a gun cleaner and it works great but it needs to be rinsed off under running water, then re-lubricate gun or parts. How does this work in the UltraSound cleaner? What is the lube solution included in the kit and how is it applied? Thanks.

Could someone explain the cleaning process in a little more detail? Once you've soaked it in the solution [or Simple Green] do you need to rinse the solution off? If so, how; running water; other solution? I have used Simple Green as a gun cleaner and it works great but it needs to be rinsed off under running water, then re-lubricate gun or parts. How does this work in the UltraSound cleaner? What is the lube solution included in the kit and how is it applied? Thanks.

U dissasemble your gun, place it in the basket and put it in the tank with the cleaning solution.Let it run for 8-10 mins.

take the basket out and rinse everything off thoroughly.I use a slop sink.Then blow the gun dry, i use an air compressor.

Then place the lube tank onto the machine, put the basket into the lube tank, and run that for another 10 mins,

Then take the gun out, and let it air dry.

Finish by lubing the gun with whatever it is u use(according to factory recomendations)

I think it would have the fiber out in 10 sec or so and take a comp off after 3 or 4 cycles.

Those are the exact reasons why I don't already have one :)

DonT

Ya. It might be good for somethings, but anything that is screwed and bonded I would be very careful.

I think it would have the fiber out in 10 sec or so and take a comp off after 3 or 4 cycles.

Those are the exact reasons why I don't already have one :)

DonT

Ya. It might be good for somethings, but anything that is screwed and bonded I would be very careful.

Yeah, and what about the grease on the innerds. Sear, disconnector, hammer spurs. I'm assuming it will remove all that too. Maybe if it were used for a complete breakdown cleaning every 5000rds or so but seems like it would give a whole new meaning field strip and clean.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for anything thats going to speed up the amount of time I spend cleaning the gun. Hopefully some of our members are using this and can put my fears to rest :)

DonT

Here is my routine, first a disassemble the weapon, then I put the parts I want clean in the basket. If I put an entire weapon in then cleaner it is completely disassembled. I run my parts for 30 min. I then remove the parts, wash them in the sink and towel dry. I have two cleaners one with simple green and the other with L&R lubricant. So after drying, the parts go in the second cleaner for lubrication for another 30 minutes.

When they come out I towel dry and then put gun oil on the parts before I reassemble.

I use the Simple Green concentrate and use a 50/50 ratio.

I'm not at work so I can't say what the L&R solution is, and I'm not really sure what makes it work.

When I get back to work I'll put a fiber optic front sight in the cleaner and see what happens. I'll cycle it until somthing happens or I get tired.

I'm about to convert my super to 9major. I may put my super barrel and comp in for the ride.

SGT