Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chrono Case

I'm looking for ideas for a case for my chrono and tripod so when I get ready to go to the range I only have to pick up one thing. I found a military hard case that works well for my spotting scope and tripod. Would like something similar for the chrono. As of now it travels in the cardboard box it came in.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking for ideas for a case for my chrono and tripod so when I get ready to go to the range I only have to pick up one thing. I found a military hard case that works well for my spotting scope and tripod. Would like something similar for the chrono. As of now it travels in the cardboard box it came in.

Keith

What Make & model?

I use a snowshoe carrying bag from Mountain Safety Research (MSR). You can get them at a sporting goods shop that sells mountaineering equipment. My tripod and chrono (competition electronics) fit nicely. I also leave a pack of 9 volt batteries in every car I drive.

Seiichi

• 9 months later...

I use a cheap camera bag from wally world. It comes with some removable dividers for the main compartment. Also has a zipped pocket on each end

and a larger one across the front. Tripod is held on with velcro type straps.

They have several diff. sizes. Mine holds for Chrony beta master, printer, bench clamp, paper and all rods & fixtures.

Also just found somewhere that people use straws or wood dowels instead of the metal rods on their chronys. Baboo skewer sticks from dollar store,

about $2 per hundred, 9" long and fit very well into the Chronys. Don't know what other brands use. (don't remember where I read that, but it works)

• 3 weeks later...