Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there, as will Liota.

Stats, huh? Something has always been bothering me about stats...is it proper to staple a $20 to each scoresheet, or just two $100's to the last stage's sheet?

Alex

I'll be there along with a great group from Mississippi. Had a blast last year and am looking forward to it again in June. Al, look forward to seeing you again and maybe meeting some others. It was a pleasure meeting Al, Detlef, and others last year, even if it was only briefly.

Bryant Chaffin

I cannot afford 3-4 days of absence for a 12-stage match anymore for work-related reasons. I asked politely whether I could shoot it in less, and the organizers politely declined. Will be my 1st absence from an Area 4 in many years...

--Detlef

Yeah, I'll be there with the Central Texas crew. Barring a last-minute surprise sponsor, I'll have my Maku Mozo shirt on at least one day.

As we're all super-accurate, you can save yourself a lot of time in stats by only looking at the A, B & C columns of the scoresheets. Should they not add to the correct number, chalk it up to RO malfeasance and just tack on as many more A's as are necessary.. :)

Well I hope to get to meet all of you at some point or other over the weekend.

It might be difficult since I won't be on one stage being introduced to everyone that goes by as in the past.

Last year I do remember one squad came through the stage I was working and someone introduced themselves and I think I was a little abrupt-don't know if I was distracted with something else or just hot and tired or what but its been bothering me for a year now.

Whomever it was, try me again this year O.K.? I'll try and behave.

Al

From the IPSC list:

If you are interested in the Area 4 Squad times you can find that info at the USPSA website under the Matches section. Shooters meeting will be at 9am on June 6th. Although the squad times are posted you will not know which squad you are on and who is on your squad till you reach Area 4. The 12 stages will not be posted prior to the match but I can tell you they are "upfront", good stages which will not show how lucky you are but how good you are on that stage, that day. Round count is somewhere around 304. If you are attending Area 4. please prepare for the heat. If you know anyone wanting to enter late they may do so but there will be a $50 late fee.

Nenette McHenry

I am leaving in the morning for the Area 4 match. Look for the Lee Family, the one in last year's Front Sight magazine. Or, I will be wandering around the stages or the vendor tent as well. I hope you stop by and say hi to me and/or the Area 3 Director, Arnie C. :wub:

I'll be the big guy in the "TeamMagnolia" shirt asking if anyone has seen the last page of the Limited results. I think we need to all do like Shred. You can post your pic and I'll forget what you look like before I make it to my truck but post a pic of the gun you're going to be running and I'll be sure to spot you.

John

The match is over.. Met a few new BE forumites and had a good time, despite some pouring rain Friday. Lots of targets further away than expected. Many 4x8 walls with ports in them. Two Texas Stars. Forum regulars Wakal, Liota and Sand Captain (among others) were on my squad. Liota placed in her class (which I've managed to forget), Sand Captain lived up to his name, cranked in a lot of reloads and won High Overall in Production with his Vanek-triggered Glock. Somehow we missed getting a picture of him up to his waist in a handy sand pile, but Photoshop can do wonders these days.. :)

I ended up 29th Open.. five mikes and a serious lack of visual patience didn't help any. It was fun regardless. I'll be back.

Pictures and videos to follow once I get some quality time with my web server.

Roy, we should have took the time to get a pic of me standing on that HUGE pile of sand. I probably could have struck a Superman pose and that would have looked really funny, especially to the people that know me. :lol:

I had a blast, I got lucky and got in the type of squad I like. I already knew Alex and Liota and the other guys from Arkansas, and it was a pleasure meeting the rest of the squad and sweating and getting rained on for a couple of days with them.

Taking home a couple of HOA placques was cool too!

I'll be back next year!