Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 6" Hunter 10mm Model

sinnsyk

That's a sweet looking pistol! I was thinking about getting one of those myself, but I kind of got turned off by the pic on the EAA website, which looks like some kid in highschool shop class welded 2 inches on to the end of a Witness and didn't bother to blend it in. Obviously they've refined the design since then. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? My only prior experience with a 10mm Witness is the compact model, which performs great.

Henning - those look sweet! Do you have an FFL - or do you have a dealer? I am wondering when\where I can pick up a "Limited Pro"? For some reason it would seem like ANY EAA\Tanfoglio with a square trigger guard are damn near impossible to get a hold of...

Thanks,

-Rob

This gun is only imported in 10mm and 45ACP by EAA at the moment. I talked to Sharon this week and told her that ... it is available in all calibers in Europe and the rest of the free world. She was going to talk to the owner and see what they can do. If you are interested in the Hunter in other calibers... give EAA a call and start asking for it. Tell them you saw a great picture of my gun and beg for it in 40 S&W, 38 Super, 9mm or whatever odd caliber you can think of (except those are the only ones that'll ring home). Maybe they'll listen..

And mine (one of my two)... were sent off to Canyon Creek today. I had almost a whole day phone conversation with Rich today and some cool plans are cooking for my project. Here's a few:

(1) Rich will attempt installing a 1911 barrel bushing to accurize (no idea how to spell that word... sorry) it to a fine shooter intended for long range hunting

(2) hmmm. at least two 45 degree 3" slide lightening cuts.

(3) this is where I'm debating what to do... port it or not? Well, no ports = probably higher velocity, but how much? In my fairytale dreams I'm seeing a V20 or V24 ported monster... (by the way I invented the V12 design back on the beaches of Greece in 1998... half a decade later the V8 was a fact)

(4) The new micro-Aimpoint on a slick frame-mount

(5) Of course... my new H-152 black anodized contour grips will be installed

(6) further lightening of slide on the bottom

(7) and here is where it might get really cool... some form of camouflage paint job. Rich is on it..

The gun is out the box priced about $1000. I'm seeing with all these mods, a new cool scope, mount, paint job it'll be a $2000 hunting handgun. Wait a minute... I could get a decent custom rifle for that... :rolleyes:

Off to Vegas in the wee hours... if anyone's going gimme a call at (720) 352 1080. I will be walking around aimlessly with watery eyes drooling on new stuff... I'll have my new grips and other cool stuff if you're interested in checking it out.

Am I correct in guessing that the new Hunter does not use a coned barrel? Is that the reason for the bushing? I am just thinking that in 40s&w with a nicely lightened slide, EGW hammer, sear and "slide release" pin, GOOD sights, your new grips, magwell and extended firing pin this could be a Hell of a 6 inch limited gun!! AND it would use the same magazines as my 5 inch. I have always wanted that extra inch :D

Am I correct in guessing that the new Hunter does not use a coned barrel? Is that the reason for the bushing? I am just thinking that in 40s&w with a nicely lightened slide, EGW hammer, sear and "slide release" pin, GOOD sights, your new grips, magwell and extended firing pin this could be a Hell of a 6 inch limited gun!! AND it would use the same magazines as my 5 inch. I have always wanted that extra inch :D

Yeah, its a straight barrel gun. :( I liked the old hunter version with the comp and everything..

besides 10mm this would make a nice limited gun, carve the slide up and bushing it and it would be a tack driver.

Leo

Dude,

It's super cool. A cone 6" barrel would probably be too much. The bushing isn't necessary, but a cool upgrade that I think will make it look bitchin.

Definitely slide lightening... and a camo paint job ;-)

Not sure if I'm ever gonna go with a 6" uspsa gun, but I talked to the factory about that and I'll see if I can get them to make up a 6" model or just a 6" upper that you can slap on a regular limited. If we can just get them in 40S&W, Rich can do the final trickery which I'd probably prefer anyway.

Not sure if I'm ever gonna go with a 6" uspsa gun, but I talked to the factory about that and I'll see if I can get them to make up a 6" model or just a 6" upper that you can slap on a regular limited. If we can just get them in 40S&W, Rich can do the final trickery which I'd probably prefer anyway.

The 6 inch 40 upper would be the Shit Hot way to go. Then the trigger, sear, hammer, etc are all good to go. If they build one I'm in. Just tell me when to send the money. Henning for President :cheers: . But first we need those short grips, front sight and magwell (or magwell and front sight). I'm sure you had a terrible time at the SHOT show. :rolleyes: Welcome back to reality!!