Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Of The First Things Rob Leatham

Bill Schwab

"I can take a nap during your draw!" That was the third or fourth thing he said to me during a class I took from him just before the Singlestack Classic. The very first thing he said to me was "Can you get any more tense?"

It was a good class, he really got to the bottom of some of my problems, I just wish he could have seen and diagnosed my reload :( If he could have taken a nap during my draw I can't imagine what he would have said about my reload :D

Voigt described my shooting as "Hack and Slash".

About my draw, he said "Don't do that".

I had some big moving going on that I knew I should not do. Strange how the lesson sometimes is not learned, until you pay for it.

"Can you get any more tense?"

:D:D That's truly a classic. I'd bet Rob and I've said that to each other and to others about a zillion times, give or take a few. I know I've posted this somewhere in the distant past, but it's worth repeating. On a four-position stage, Rob shot the first three positions brilliantly, got to the last station and completely trashed it. Just after unloading and showing clear, he said - "For some reason, as I was heading to the last shooting position, I felt like I had to tense up and go really fast."

:huh:

For some reason, as I was heading to the last shooting position, I felt like I had to tense up and go really fast.

Oh yeah, we all know how to make up for a bad run on a field course by blazing through the last array!

December 1988.....three days and three statements I'll never forget.

TGO says to me during one of his IPSC Classes,

1. Who taught you to draw like that?

2. Who taught you to stand like that?

3. I've never seen a jam like THAT before !

It was a long flight back home to N.Y. :blink:

13 Years and a Master Class classification later, Mike Voigt says to me....

You know .... sooner or later you'll have to make up your mind as to what to do here...and do it. The clocks running !

And to think I paid good money to suffer this abuse :wacko: .

• 3 months later...
December 1988.....three days and three statements I'll never forget.

TGO says to me during one of his IPSC Classes,

1. Who taught you to draw like that?

2. Who taught you to stand like that?

3. I've never seen a jam like THAT before !

It was a long flight back home to N.Y. :blink:

When I pay good money to have somebody talk rude to me, she has to be wearing a negligee.

I considered it nothing but ball breaking. ;)

Since then...I think I've earned my keep. B)

I'll never forget the day I turned away from the Barracade Event at the 1992 NRA Bianchi Cup and noticed TGO watching ME shoot. After returning from the scorers table he stops me and says that my performance looked good. He says..."4 to 6 points down max". It turned out to be a 476-30x.

It's one of my proudest moments to date.

First thing Robbie said to me was "Hi, how ya going?" We were waiting to shoot at the 2003 Bianchi Practice Match.

Next important thing he said was "You may want to tape that up" One very broken holster was hanging off my hip, it appears some fat sod keeps landing on it. :D