Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hardest thing about shooting with SS shooters

AlamoShooter

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 is.........

Seeing for yourself that Fast is Slow, and Slow is Fast!!!

Thats not hard at all = Thats just part of the Brotherhood= IN fact thats what I love about about Single Stack

But that should be the #1 a thing a SS hates about watching ...some...of the open shooters ;)

Edited by AlamoShooter

Knowing that those BIG bullets will earn them an A when the same exact shot only gets You a C :devil:

:rolleyes: That doesn't bug me at all... The same phenomenon reverses itself 10 fold when they those BIG bullets cut the border on a no-shoot and my leetle boolit don't.... ;):lol:

Giggle :lol:

I see your point :) .....But us SS shooters dont waste our valuable ammo by shooting at NO Shoots :surprise:

You guys have PLENTY!! so SHOOT EM UP :cheers:

Jim :P

Knowing that those BIG bullets will earn them an A when the same exact shot only gets You a C :devil:

:rolleyes: That doesn't bug me at all... The same phenomenon reverses itself 10 fold when they those BIG bullets cut the border on a no-shoot and my leetle boolit don't.... ;):lol:

Giggle :lol:

I see your point :) .....But us SS shooters dont waste our valuable ammo by shooting at NO Shoots :surprise:

You guys have PLENTY!! so SHOOT EM UP :cheers:

Jim :P

That going to leave a mark Owwch

Oh, Jim.

I am so dissapointed.

I thought you were above the fray. :lol:

I on the other hand shoot in every division but SS and Revolver so I can jump in any thread and stir the pot.

Just for the record, my Single Stack is on its way to the gunsmith for a tune up.

When it gets back, we will dance once again. (see inspirational quote below) :bow:

Tony

Edited by 38superman

OK :devil: Whats the hardest thing about shooting with single stack shooters?

Trying not to inhale while they sight black their guns?

Trying to be sympathetic when that big ole hole in the D zone also clips the no shoot?

Trying not to wince when their leather creaks (or is their joints)?

;)

(Just bought a SS, looking forward to shooting it, though, I doubt, now that Merlin or Jay will let me into the club :P )

The worst thing is... Watching a Flat foot reload on a five target steel stage. :goof: Yeaa just try and tell you haven't seen it :devil: The only thing worst than that is watching a big stick shot dry on the same stage. :sick:

SOB #1 B)

Boy....You done went from funny to ...to.... to... not very damned funny.... :o;)

Ouch!

Well I was going to say ...Its when you notice that the other single stack guys are watching the SS guy that just shot .... :sick: - Bend Over - to pick up his mags. I thought that was too mean. Or when a real good SS guys shoots and all the other SS guys are scrambling to pick up his mags so they can ... give them back to him :wub:

So We need to do a count down

10 Hardest Things about shooting a stage with SS Shooters

#10 trying to turn your head fast when plumbers pants bends over to pick up mag 6

#9 trying to reset the Sun Dial and hoping the sun stays up before the match is over

#8 The whining over mag capacity

#7 Watching them Pout ...about most every thing

#6 having them bitch slap your hi cap brothers around on the score sheet.

#5 having a hi cap mag jam up and the fear of you feel when you have the thought that...I could get beat by a SS guy :o

#4 Watching a flat foot reload on a five target steel stage

#3 number three is complements of Mr Z :yawn: = Falling asleep during the stage zzzzzz#2?

# 2 complements of Big Jim = Knowing the Big Bullets will earn them an A when the same shoot form my open gun get me a .....C ...wimper

#1 number One goes to CatFish ....The #1 Hardest thing about shooting SS shooters

"Trying to figure out what motivates them"

Edited by AlamoShooter

10 Hardest Things about shooting a stage with SS Shooters

#10 trying to turn your head fast when plumbers pants bends over to pick up mag 6

#9 trying to reset the Sun Dial and hoping the sun stays up before the match is over

#8 The whining over mag capacity

#7 Watching them Pout ...about most every thing

#6 having them bitch slap your hi cap brothers around on the score sheet.

#5 having a hi cap mag jam up and the fear of you feel when you have the thought that...I could get beat by a SS guy :o

#4 Watching a flat foot reload on a five target steel stage

#3 number three is complements of Mr Z :yawn: = Falling asleep during the stage zzzzzz#2?

# 2 complements of Big Jim = Knowing the Big Bullets will earn them an A when the same shoot form my open gun get me a .....C ...wimper

#1 number One goes to CatFish ....The #1 Hardest thing about shooting SS shooters

"Trying to figure out what motivates them"

All you need now is to line up TGO for the David Letterman Show. Top Ten... :yawn: sorry. long post.

The #1 Hardest thing about shooting SS shooters

Ooooooh.... is that the top 10 list we were making??? That's a whole other story, then... :D

Well that should say the Hardest thing about shooting With SS shooters

Yep had to make it a top 10 list. <_< may have to add to it though =..That Sight Black smell is some bad stuff.

36_11_16.gif THIS THREAD IS SO LAME ! 36_1_6.gif

Laughing to myself knowing that a certain shooter would not have made it to GM without hours of shooting an SS gun. Before moving to OPEN!!!!! Remembering him saying at some matches how he smoked the limited guys with his SS gun!!!!!

I shoot a hi-cap .45. Why? Because I can. A 1000 232gr bullets weighs 15 kg. (33lb). I get a kick out of feeling my shooting bag get lighter as the match goes on. The only difference between me and a single stack shooter is that I occasionally pick up more brass than magazines and they don`t.

PS The guys at the club stopped hiding targets behind drums as a .45 will shoot through a drum(especially if you factor 198).

Laughing to myself knowing that a certain shooter would not have made it to GM without hours of shooting an SS gun. Before moving to OPEN!!!!! Remembering him saying at some matches how he smoked the limited guys with his SS gun!!!!!

Maybe you should ask that shooter if shooting a single stack gun had anything to actually do with him making GM? ;) Besides, I wasn't shooting Single Stack, I was shooting L-10 with a single stack gun. I was (literally) accused of cheating at least once that I know of, because I was shooting out of race gear. Now that was pretty funny... And, yeah, I did beat all the Limited guys at a local match shooting a single stack gun in L-10 (with 10 round mags)...

The only thing that shooting a single stack gun did for me in terms of aproaching GM was that it forced me to get diligent about my reloads, and to be able to be in a position to beat all the Limited guys, I had to be sharp on that end. It wasn't until I got back on the Open gun full time that the rest of my game started to come back up to speed - too much time doing reloads within the stages and such to actually focus on movement and all that....

Laughing...

Maybe you should ask...

:mellow: This is me resisting the temptation to talk smack "focused on shooting, not on ballet" and all that jazz, since you are who you are and you have achieved great success. :cheers:

:bow::bow::bow:

Laughing...

Maybe you should ask...

:mellow: This is me resisting the temptation to talk smack "focused on shooting, not on ballet" and all that jazz, since you are who you are and you have achieved great success. :cheers:

:bow::bow::bow:

That is kind of Funny Steve that you mention Ballet. = I Can shoot, and I can shoot good. BUT I am just barely a master. The "Ballet" part of the event has every thing to do with it. A Boxer can have great hand speed and Sledge Hammer Left, BUT with out Foot movement that same Boxer is minor league. A Martial Arts matches are won with foot movement / "Ballet" I bet the guys surviving a sword Battle 1000 years ago = had good feet movement. as all a Great Shooter needs to win is equipment that will not hold them back. and at worst add a handicap because of the equipment.

I have watched you shoot for years, IF you wanted to and used top equipment = I bet you would shoot your way into or near Master Class in 6months.

But I have been wrong before

Rocky

Edited by AlamoShooter

That is kind of Funny Steve that you mention Ballet. = I Can shoot, and I can shoot good. BUT I am just barely a master. The "Ballet" part of the event has every thing to do with it. A Boxer can have great hand speed and Sledge Hammer Left, BUT with out Foot movement that same Boxer is minor league. A Martial Arts matches are won with foot movement / "Ballet" I bet the guys surviving a sword Battle 1000 years ago = had good feet movement.

Very true, I suppose.

as all a Great Shooter needs to win is equipment that will not hold them back. and at worst add a handicap because of the equipment. I have watched you shoot for years, IF you wanted to and used top equipment = I bet you would shoot your way into or near Master Class in 6months.

But I have been wrong before

Rocky

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Since my gear is far from "off the shelf", I'll take "top equipment" to mean a compensated dot gun and race rig. While it's true that open guns in the hands of guys like you, Don and Dave will always win, or is it the Indian not the arrow... I see other guys that have their dogs wagged by them. I know you guys love them, and that's cool, you're great guys, but...

I choose practical over the prize. B)

:)

Edited by Steve J

The wife tells me when we get our taxes back...we are getting NEW 38supercomp Raceguns :cheers:

The two STI Trubors in 9 major will retire or find a new home :closedeyes:

Ok all you SOBs :devil: ...who should build our new guns??

Oh ...and Rock :rolleyes: ...sure look forward to meeting you at Double tap :cheers:

Jim :D

Ok...you used the that word...Practical... :blink: I think the M1 grand is a great fighting rifle. But not Practical when it comes to 20 bad guys trying to snuff out GI Joe. I think they want the race gun High cap M16 or at least the M1A with a big box mag.

I can shoot Revolver fairly good , but I don't think it is the Practical for USPSA 32 round stages.

I'd like to Over Do It ..when the zombies are at the door.

<_< We may have to move the use of Practical up to the #1 spot on the top 10 list

Signal Stack is very cool Traditional Yes, harder to shoot definitely. ? better ? <_<

Edited by AlamoShooter