1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

_____________________________________________________________________________________

See that line, heed to the line which thou shall not cross, old golf buddy!!

This is not that kind of shooting forum........ :devil:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

See that line, heed to the line which thou shall not cross, old golf buddy!!

This is not that kind of shooting forum........ :devil:

Thanks for pointing this out.... :cheers:

Back to our usual devilment if you please.... :devil:

Geez, I don't log on for a day or two and come back to find all this.

There are people on this forum that are desparately in need of adult supervision. :lol:

I especially liked the open gun with the training wheels.

I first thought it was some new kind of portable bipod. B)

T

Edited by 38superman

OK guys, 2 questions.

1. Why has no one approached our host about a SS category on the board since Lim, Lim10, Prod, and Open all have their own spots.

2. Where do I post SS specific questions?

OK guys, 2 questions.

1. Why has no one approached our host about a SS category on the board since Lim, Lim10, Prod, and Open all have their own spots.

2. Where do I post SS specific questions?

It was requested at one time. The nays over ruled it.

At Blackwater, I was told to stay away from a 1911 in any caliber other than .45 as that was the way the gun was originally designed to run and anything else was flawed in design. I am in this quest to find something my wife wont mind shooting. I have pretty much decided my best bet is going to be a SS 1911. I tried her out on the Glock as they always seem to run and the operations/controls are relatively simple enough for a new shooter to get broken in with. Wellllllllllllllllll would it suprise anyone if the woman has taste and doesn't like the Glock for some reason? She likes the fit and feel of the Trojan I have in .40, says it just drives to the target for her, she likes the trigger, and the feel of the grips. So I was contemplating ordering her a Stainless Trojan in 9mm from Brazos. Just kind of looking for some sound advice before I make that plunge.

Thanks in advance!

Don't suppose you'd rent it to me for a week? :goof:

BTW, she will be attending the "Babes with Bullets" ladies camp in October, so I need to get her something and start training her on it.

Edited by kgunz11

No but I'll be happy to lend it to you. Send me a PM with a mailing address. :)

Dont you just love the folks on this forum :cheers:

Jim :)

Wow, I must say, wait... I don't really know WHAT to say. I don't know that I can accept such an offer. How could I ever repay such a gesture?

You bastards. This thread went from making me laugh so hard I cried to the warm and fuzzies.

Vagus, that open gun with training wheels makes me giggle every time I think about it - spot on.

kgunz11 - other calibers in the 1911 are possible, and some are very well executed. If you buy an STI, either it works, or they'll make it work. Skinner has an excellent company. As far as no SS forum, the dark side has influence beyond our knowledge :ph34r:

Wow, I must say, wait... I don't really know WHAT to say. I don't know that I can accept such an offer. How could I ever repay such a gesture?

Usually by paying it forward. Wouldn't you let a friend at the range borrow a gun to see if his wife likes that format?

Usually by paying it forward. Wouldn't you let a friend at the range borrow a gun to see if his wife likes that format?

Absolutely. I've done more than that, but it's ok for ME to do it. LoL I'm just not use to other people doing it.

post-1959-1206683559.jpg

Ok I know that you are supposed to have pics of both sides

but I have not gotten the wild bunch out of the safe for a

another group photo So here is all I have right now,

there is another one to add to the bunch for the daughter

Springer 9mm.

So asking Nicely with 4 - 45's , 2 - 9's 1-38 & the 10mm

backing me up at any single stack match

being that one of the 45's was a pass on to me from

my uncle. being a Remington Rand she is a blast to shoot.

J.Kee

Nice collection, Bullwinkle. I'm sure your application will recieve a complete review.

Please ignore any "offers to buy" from our founding father, it's just in his blood, he can't help himself!

post-1959-1206683559.jpg

Ok I know that you are supposed to have pics of both sides

but I have not gotten the wild bunch out of the safe for a

another group photo So here is all I have right now,

there is another one to add to the bunch for the daughter

Springer 9mm.

So asking Nicely with 4 - 45's , 2 - 9's 1-38 & the 10mm

backing me up at any single stack match

being that one of the 45's was a pass on to me from

my uncle. being a Remington Rand she is a blast to shoot.

J.Kee

Ummm, Nice photo, reasonable application, not great, only reasonable. CRAPPY screen name!!! :angry2: We have asked others with inappropriate avatars to change them. So far, I have only seen Thomas More If Possible change his screen name. Hmmmm, well, let's see.

I am sure that GentlemanJim will approve of your avatar. You only have 150 post, and have a personalized member title, hell, you can't be all bad.

supercomp9

Status: Non-Voting Member on Probation for an inappropriate screen name.

I will leave the rest in Boz' hands.

Welcome to the SSES Club

At Blackwater, I was told to stay away from a 1911 in any caliber other than .45 as that was the way the gun was originally designed to run and anything else was flawed in design. I am in this quest to find something my wife wont mind shooting. I have pretty much decided my best bet is going to be a SS 1911. I tried her out on the Glock as they always seem to run and the operations/controls are relatively simple enough for a new shooter to get broken in with. Wellllllllllllllllll would it suprise anyone if the woman has taste and doesn't like the Glock for some reason? She likes the fit and feel of the Trojan I have in .40, says it just drives to the target for her, she likes the trigger, and the feel of the grips. So I was contemplating ordering her a Stainless Trojan in 9mm from Brazos. Just kind of looking for some sound advice before I make that plunge.

Thanks in advance!

They weren't entirely wrong. They're used to talking to people who only buy factory guns. The 1911 and 45 ACP were designed for each other. Later the 38 super for sure and I think the 10mm were designed for the 1911. The issue is COAL and fitting. Factory 9mm and 40 S&W are too short for the gun and require a shim in the back of the magazine, and as we all know the magazine is already the weak link in any pistol.

The 1911 is without question the simplest and the best pistol ever designed, but it's parts require fitting. The large manufacturers bent on cost saving - Colt, Kimber, Springfield, S&W, etc., all just want to slap CNC machined parts together. Often the parts are outsourced, so their not even controlling the manufacturing process. Worse, Kimber only makes a 45 and 40 breechfaces. I've seen new Kimber 9mm pistol where the extractor wasn't even touching the case rim.

So, whereas fitted parts as necessary to some extent for 45ACP and 38 super reliability, unless you're lucky enough to stumble upon a factory 9mm or 40 that actually runs, fitting on those is critical. I would expect them to run coming out of a semi-custom shop like Les Baer, Wilson Combat, etc., but not at all off the self.