1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I said to the GaGa just the other day Nice Guns! Your in-IMHO. But I don't vote-you have to be 80 to vote.

A week in Boz's house for the age comment. Like a vintage 1911, Members ages make no difference, they just keep improving

NUF said

My first probation. (Yippee!) I'm sorry. Sometimes I just can't help myself. The hammer is scary.

Please consider my resume/application for membership in this august group...

1) Must own a 1911 Single Stack of original JMB Design, NO light railed guns

I own two, both built by me with a lot of help from friends and, in one case, Virgil Tripp. The hard chrome is a classic .45 built on a Norinco base and the stainless/blue gun is a Caspian slide and frame in 9mm.

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

Here are the Single Stack results from the last match at Pitt County Wildlife Club in NC. I'm in ALL CAPS.

oct match

Match Date: 10/23/2010

Place Name USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Points Stg %

1 Hilsenbeck, Jim L2664 A Single Stack Minor N N N N 653.2211 100.00%

2 Carter, Frank FY34902 B Single Stack Minor N N N N 592.6408 90.73%

3 WITTMAN, BILL TY54158 C Single Stack Major N N N N Senior 439.0060 67.21%

4 Hopkins, Bob A37078 D Single Stack Major N N N N Senior 431.5483 66.06%

5 Soderstrom, Ken TY64009 C Single Stack Major N N N N 409.0503 62.62%

6 Dean, Rick A58582 D Single Stack Major N N N N Super Senior 400.1044 61.25%

7 Harrington, Mark A64155 C Single Stack Major N N N N 398.5863 61.02%

8 Winkel, Ray A62418 D Single Stack Major N N N N 350.2744 53.62%

9 Dame, Robin A69006 U Single Stack Major N N N N Senior 260.8265 39.93%

10 Bridge, Sharon U Single Stack Major N N N N 204.7710 31.35%

Printed: 10/23/2010 5:51 PM

I also had the pleasure of shooting the SS Nationals this year with the inimitable Steel1212, wanttorace, loose brass, BB Bean and TISCHLJ.

Current USPSA Single Stack ranking is C with a percentage is 48.63.

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division

Shot Production with a steel gun, as well

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application.

Attached for your perusal.

Looking forward to joining the club.

Bill

BWNC is our newest Member, Non-Voting status

Welcome to the club Bill :cheers:

Good to be part of the group! :cheers:

Jadeslade...Lived on St. Simons 1971-73 (yes, I'm that old) working my first real job out of college. Good times back then.

I wonder if the fact that I bought my first SS from Merlin and a promise not to shoot any more plastic except in Production would get me in?

Since I talk to much about things I know little about I will let those with more to contribute speak on this issue....

devil.gif

Edited by Merlin Orr

It is funny that zHunter doesn't even call it "probation" anymore. Just "Boz's house". And it is understood. How does that make you feel , boz1911?

It's my "house" and the door is always open...........:devil:

I wonder if the fact that I bought my first SS from Merlin and a promise not to shoot any more plastic except in Production would get me in?

Hmmmm...Ya never know... The good ole boy club may be able to help... tongue.gif

The ONLY good ole boy network that gets you in is a PROPER and COMPLETE application, see details on page 1 :angry2:

It is funny that zHunter doesn't even call it "probation" anymore. Just "Boz's house". And it is understood. How does that make you feel , boz1911?

The door in is open, but as Joe Walsh says-it's hard to leave when you can't find the door. I'm not saying, but...

The door in is open, but as Joe Walsh says-it's hard to leave when you can't find the door. I'm not saying, but...

Great song, but lyrics won't get you out :devil:

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

To welcome BWNC, member 102 :cheers:

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

HONORARY MEMBERS in ITALICS

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB :bow:

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH Chairman of Discipline Committee

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J - Chair of the SS Match Snob Committee

5 - Gentleman Jim

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8

8 - Alan Meek Chairman Committee of Liaison with USPSA

9 - Catfish

10 - BOZ1911 - Slayer

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue (The Brain)

13 - CSEMartin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale SSES Junior Coordinator

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney

21 - Sethmark

22 - Bill Nesbitt

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Jeff Turner, H.M. (member formerly known as GamePlayer)

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - ChrisStock (a.k.a Lighteye67)

33 - Modoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - ExiledViking

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212, SERGEANT AT ARMS

38 - Slabbie Shooter

39 - 38Superman

40 - YSued (Director of Photography)

41 - Vagus

42 - 9x21

43 - Dubletap

44 - kgunz11

45 - TGO, H.M.

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

51 - Clyde

52 - hk_mtbr

53 - JKR

54 - sskp1

55 - Paul Burtchell

56 - bp78

57 - Rob Moore

58 - High Velocity

59 - want2race (Chopper)

60 - gotm4

61 - webbo

62 - tpcdvc

63 - bigsaxdog

64 - JKSNIPER

65 - nashvillebill

66 - ken hebert

67 - T_Deegan

68 - Hopalong

69 - eerw

70 - bbbean

71 - 71Commander

72 - Rocket35

73 - Boss1622

74 - BNorth

75 - Loose Brass

76 - rrflyer

77 - Wunbadweel

78 - Kyle O

79 - Doug H

80 - A62335

81 - GM IPROD

82 - d5357

83 - TM262

84 - Samuel Adams

85 - DirtyPool40

86 - werewolf45auto

87 - Bryan45

88 - Jadeslade

89 - Steven Cline

90 - twodownzero

91 - TISCHLJ

92 - xcelr8n

93 - Scrat

94 - gino_aki

95 - Corey

96 - pbosik

97 - BigNick73

98 - Victor R

99 - foilhat

100 - mgood SSES Statistician

101 - chbrow10

102 - BWNC

B)

:devil:Froo-Froo gun club: 15 pages back. :sight:

th_1911s-1.jpg

No rails Practical Pistol Services 10mm Delta Elite and Ken Pacheco .45 tuned Gold Cup top end 5" with a PPS Well Widget Mag Well and a bare Essex SS frame...

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division, Steel is real

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application. see pics included please

6) Proof of a USPSA Life-Membership number consisting of ONLY three digits will over-ride lack of two photos and proof of match participation th_TrioL926-1.jpg Dave Signed it himself

7) 1911 Elitist / Snob Club board has final say on all matters, there is NO SUCH THING AS ARBITRATION!!!!

Thank You for your consideration....

John

Edited by Amerflyer48

While Amerflyer48's application is complete, I am a bit concerned in the lack of good taste and snobbery in the inclusion of a optically sighted firearm in the this otherwise impeccable application. I do have reservations about approval in it's current status with regards to requirement #5. I certainly feel that such an indiscretion, if allowed could be a moment we SSEC Members might look back upon at some future date and realize it was a grave mistake, and was the start of a downward spiral. So, with the protection of our ideals in mind, I will require a proper photo, one which does not include any blasters with training wheel-like sighting devises.

Upon resubmission of another application, one without any indiscretions, I foresee no problems.

ZH

th_1911s-1.jpg

No rails Practical Pistol Services 10mm Delta Elite and Ken Pacheco .45 tuned Gold Cup top end 5" with a PPS Well Widget Mag Well and a bare Essex SS frame...

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division, Steel is real

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application. see pics included please

6) Proof of a USPSA Life-Membership number consisting of ONLY three digits will over-ride lack of two photos and proof of match participation th_TrioL926-1.jpg Dave Signed it himself

7) 1911 Elitist / Snob Club board has final say on all matters, there is NO SUCH THING AS ARBITRATION!!!!

Thank You for your consideration....

John

John

While I do gtake into account you are a friend of Merlin's, and you have an outstanding "L" number, My 1st reaction is to grant you membership, but you will start out on probation for the comp. That being said, both the comp gun and the "training wheel gun" were single stacks, and I do understand the heritage of our sport. So I hereby grant you membership, with the hopes that you don't want to visit jadeslade, and fully expect a proper photo asap. That said, without further indiscretions, I can foresee someday becoming chairman of the yet to be created Historical Committee.

Amerflyer48 is now a member, but under the watchful eye of ZH ;)

Welcome to the club