Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DVR and skipping commercials on TV

-JQ-

I wait ~30 minutes after official gametime then start the game. When commercials come on...ZAP! SKIP! Bang...back to the action. Want a replay?? Zap replay button.

I paused the game to make this post...

ymmv

B)

I can watch hour long shows in 40 minutes......Love my DVR. Wifey wants to get a second one. Don't mind, she doesn't complain about me spending four hundred bucks on a new Dillon 1050 or even eight hundred for a new open blaster. :ph34r::ph34r:

I can watch hour long shows in 40 minutes......Love my DVR. Wifey wants to get a second one. Don't mind, she doesn't complain about me spending four hundred bucks on a new Dillon 1050 or even eight hundred for a new open blaster. :ph34r::ph34r:

Ok boz1911, where did you find a 1050 for $400 or a open blaster for $800? :surprise: I need to go shopping w/ you!

Oh yeah, I love my DVR also, I usually watch my programs a day late. I really hate commercials.

Apparently me and Boz shop a the same places, but did your new AR cost 450? NO you probably got it for $350 in which you saved enough to get the $10 conversion for the 1050 to load your .223!! :D

Reminds me of something my grand dad used to say, "Tell em' lies and feed them Candy"

Later

Yep, it's great. I've only had mine for a month and I'm already addicted to it. I was watching live TV last night and was bummed when I couldn't skip the commercials. So, I went and loaded 500 rounds and then came back so I could :D All that reloading time I wasted watching commercials in the past.

We got one a little over a year ago and rarely watch live television anymore. It's nice to be able to plan your day the way you want rather than around TV programming (only for the decreasing list of 'must see' shows...we don't watch much TV overall). When you are home, it's great to watch a show in less time plus rewind the stuff you have to explain to your wife. :P

The whole evolution of recorded media makes life so much nicer. On radio, I love Car Talk but never seemed to be near a radio at the right time. Now, I just subsribe to the podcast and listen while I'm reloading, cleaning guns, or at the gym.

Apparently me and Boz shop a the same places, but did your new AR cost 450? NO you probably got it for $350 in which you saved enough to get the $10 conversion for the 1050 to load your .223!! :D

Reminds me of something my grand dad used to say, "Tell em' lies and feed them Candy"

Later

Sorry you're totally wrong about my AR. I built it from scavenged parts and pieces i had laying around, and the conversion was included with my press.......so there! :ph34r:

DVR's are awesome! One problem though, I have no idea what sort of movies are coming out since I'm skipping most of the trailers/commercials. Have to rely on billboards now <_<

There, you can watch all the trialers you like without ahving to slow down for commercials.. You can even watch the cool ones more than once.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/trailers.php

DVR is one of the few things that you think is going to be really neat and turns out to be A LOT better. For example, marital relations, S_I guns and................................ok one of three things.