Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rained out!

VeryBadshot

VBS,

I talked to Stevie and he's setting up 3 or 4 stages today, but he told me it is nasty out there. Constant rain and 49 degrees? Next month for me...

I would take a wet 49 degrees...

sunny.GIFTodaySunny. Highs zero to 5 above. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 20 below to 30 below zero in the morning. » ZIP Code Detail

VBS,

I talked to Stevie and he's setting up 3 or 4 stages today, but he told me it is nasty out there. Constant rain and 49 degrees? Next month for me...

I would take a wet 49 degrees...

sunny.GIFTodaySunny. Highs zero to 5 above. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 20 below to 30 below zero in the morning. » ZIP Code Detail

We need a week of 49 degrees and rain to get rid of the ice.

FM

We just had a match yesterday, about -4, bright sunshine. Wind chill was reported to be -20 or more but the berms protected us from most of the wind. A 40 yard strong hand only will really highlite your lack of shooting in the colder month thats for sure.

Nemo,

You missed what turned out to be great shooting weather. It was overcast and not too cold. The bad stuff held off until the match was over.

Well... then we're still in the right forum! :angry2:

I bailed on yesterday's SAPSA match too. It was pouring in Gainesville when I was getting set to leave and the weahter front was moving towards St. Augustine. So, I decided to stay hom and work on the Murphy Bed I'm building. Of course, the weahter then held off and I missed a good match. :huh: Now I wish I had taken the 90 minute drive anyway. Oh well, the Florida Open is the next match on my dance card. :)

Although last week there was not rain I bailed, thus no shooting. Today, rained out again! :angry2: There's 5 working days during which I don't mind if it rains freakin' pipe wrenches!! WHY ON SATURDAY? :angry2:

I can see the honey-do list growing in her mind...

Although last week there was not rain I bailed, thus no shooting. Today, rained out again! :angry2: There's 5 working days during which I don't mind if it rains freakin' pipe wrenches!! WHY ON SATURDAY? :angry2:

I can see the honey-do list growing in her mind...

Your killing me bro!

It's 55 minutes to Gainesville then 90 to St. A's and after looking at the radar, my wet head I had to bag it. But I did call and wake up my lil'sis in Jax for an on site weather report at 0530. It went something like this "Yes it's !!***%%##@@ raining A-HOLE !!!!!!" click. :devil:

I hate getting rained out too. This morning I went to check the range and the road in was a quagmire and all the bays had standing water in them. It just couldn't run off fast enough.

I hate to call folks and tell them we aren't shooting. I hate worse the that I always miss someone and they drive a 50-100 miles to be there. :angry:

dj

OK if one more FL person complains about a little rain from keeping them from shooting I am getting in my car, driving down, and using my hacksaw to cut the state off and let it drift away. :devil:

We give up shooting for 5 months and it was single digits almost all week. :surprise:

OK if one more FL person complains about a little rain from keeping them from shooting I am getting in my car, driving down, and using my hacksaw to cut the state off and let it drift away. :devil:

We give up shooting for 5 months and it was single digits almost all week. :surprise:

We get to complain about this little details because every time we get a hurricane the range just disappears, then there's nothing to complain about...

;)

Another vote for living in the Sunny South.

(Except when, as Nemo noted, the hurricanes come rolling in :angry2: )

dj