Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite AR mag coupler for 3G?

cryptoprocta

Been using an Arredondo with a pair of 30's, had the rounded bottom thingies but lost one in a move. Recently shot the TX 3-gun match in San Antonio and used it on the 300yd rifle stage, great to pod off of when prone.

Upon reflection with another shooter who watched my run I should have used it on 2 of the other 3 positions to pod off of also... You can bet I will next time.

I will be expierementing with a piece of polymer duct taped (black tape, of course!) between two PMags later.

• 2 years later...

If you are using P mags Springer Precisions coupler is awesome.

Another vote for Spring Precision. I hated couplers before these came out. The reason I did not like them is the mags would always shift no matter how tight you made the coupler. The Springer Precision Firebird coupler replaced the P mags base plate so the mags can't shift.

30203030.jpg

sideview.jpg

Yes the Firebird couplers work with the Arredondo magwell.

I have been running the Firebird couplers and Pmags for the last three seasons and have not had a round walk on the exposed mag. I have had rounds walk on milspec mags however.

With Pmags I load to 30 and have not experienced any problems seating at all. IIRC, from the get go Pmags were designed to hold a full thirty and be functional.

Also as to the question of a 20 rounder and 30 rounder paired combo it is pretty easy to get a 20 rd into the 30 round couplers. Simply elongate the baseplate hole on the side of the coupler that you want to run the 20 rounder in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes the Firebird couplers work with the Arredondo magwell.

I have been running the Firebird couplers and Pmags for the last three seasons and have not had a round walk on the exposed mag. I have had rounds walk on milspec mags however.

As a matter of fact, not only will the Firebird coupler work with the Arredondo mag well but I also add one Arredondo coupler to the mix for added stability. Solid and they never come out of alignment.

I'm out a few cents worth of electrical tape and the cardboard was free.

deleteo.png

AKs cardboard and duct tape :blink:

Where there is a will...there is a way B)

Jim

Wait until you see my solution to $50 shotshell caddies. :roflol: In the absence of money, never underestimate creativity :lol: :

03234865.jpg

You may now resume this thread...

Edited by DyNo!

deleteo.png

Jim

Wait until you see my solution to $50 shotshell caddies. :roflol: In the absence of money, never underestimate creativity :lol: :

03234865.jpg

Wow.....for some reason I am seeing sliced fingers in your future!!!

deleteo.png

Jim

03234865.jpg

Wow.....for some reason I am seeing sliced fingers in your future!!!

He's actually pretty quick with them, and I dont thisk I could get 7 normal caddies on my belt.