Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BE.com Slot Raffle for High Desert Classic

I'm donating enough books to receive a free slot to the 4th Annual High Desert Classic at Albuquerque.

I thought it would be fun to give the slot away to a forum member. So I ran the idea by the Mods, and their overwhelming response was to raffle the slot, with all the proceeds to go to the Nagel family. Which is a wonderful idea, so that's what we're doing. (Please tell your favorite Mod that you love them.)

;)

In order to allow the raffle to run as long as possible, I asked Damon Stanforth (the prize coordinator) if the match organizers would refund a shooter's entry fee - if he won the raffle and happened to have already paid his entry fee. (This was Chris Patty's idea.) Damon said no problemo... So we decided to make the cutoff date for the raffle May 7, at 4:00 PM, Mountain Time.

(The match will be held at the Albuquerque Shooting Range Park, June 7-8.)

Raffle tickets are $10 each, and can be purchased through my web-store. (Please, no PayPal orders.)

Buy a Raffle Ticket or Donate to the Nagel Family

After the cutoff, I'll send a check for the total amount collected to the Nagel family.

On May 8th, BigJoni will draw from a hat, and I'll announce the winner in this thread. (If you buy more than one ticket, we'll print a corresponding number of invoices for the drawing, for however many tickets you buy.)

Additional threads on the Nagel family's tragic circumstances:

Prayers Needed

Benefit Raffle

And if that isn't enough - their home burns.

All proceeds from the raffle and donations will be sent to the Nagel family.

Thank you,

Brian

Time to get this back to the top!!

This is truly a worthwhile effort, thanks Brian!

If every USPSA member gave just $10 for a ticket, the benefits could be outstanding to the Nagel family.

Edited by TaterHead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I was supposed to draw the winner on May 8, but somehow it slipped past me.

And the winner is.... wait for it....

Jason Maples!

Congratulations Jason.

(He was the only one who bought two tickets at two separate times. The first one was the winner.)

Jason - I forwarded your contact info to Damon.

The total collected was $190. I PM'd Damon on the best way to forward the raffle $'s to the Nagel family. And BE.com will kick in a bit to make an even $500.

A big thank you to all that contributed!!!

:cheers:

Jaxshooter PM'd me this:

Brian

I completely missed the post about the fund raising for the High Dessert Classic. Living in Florida I could not make it anyway. I would like to send the Nagel's a check for $100.00, please send me thier address. I would also like to post a challenge to all the other shooters on BE to send a donation that they can afford.

I lost a grandson in an automobile wreck several years ago and know what it is like to go through a family crisis. These folks have had one problem on top of another and I would like to help them. Let me know if you want to post something or if you want me to.

Thank you

Chris Kloeppel

Jacksonville, FL

If the Nagel's address has been posted, would someone please add it to this thread.

Thank you,

Brian

Brian is still the same class act he has always been!! Must have been the parenting :)

Thanks for such a good deed...I am gonna call Damon and contribute some to the cause as I too missed this thread!

Cheryl :)