Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Do You Want to See on a Prize Table

scorch

I have another idea for something:

How about a custom Techwear shirt just for that match. Not the regular match shirt but say a few special techwear shirts with that match logo and so forth. Then it is something you always have to remember that match and it is something few others would have.

Chris

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always send a note to sponsors I receive prizes from thanking the - I believe Roy (shred) sends notes to all sponsors of a match (something I'm going to start doing this year). Man, what if we all took the time to do that??? ;)

I try to at least send a thank-you e-mail to whoever supplied the prizes I win. A few times it's turned into small sponsorships, or extra additional products and services and such, so it's win-win. Get to it everybody!

Of course you have to actually use the product you get versus selling it ten minutes later. <_<

QUOTE(XRe @ Jan 8 2008, 11:06 AM)

I always send a note to sponsors I receive prizes from thanking the - I believe Roy (shred) sends notes to all sponsors of a match (something I'm going to start doing this year). Man, what if we all took the time to do that???

During the past couple of years Ionbond has donated to a few of the larger matches for free firearms coatings DIAMOND BLACK,

of the ten or so giving away we have never received a Thank You note... not that we were looking for anything in return other then having presents at the matches, but some sort of thank you note would at least shows the winners appreciation.. :cheers:

Darrell Lewis

Ionbond

Darrell

ALL 3 of my pistols have been Ion Bonded, and they are awesome!!

I was in the Dillon store this week, and although they might not sponsor the prize, I can' think of anything I would rather have than the RF Primer filler!!!

But it is $295, a bit over your $150 limit.

IF it was $150, I would have one in my room right NOW!!

Great Suggestion We have bought a Lot of the prize table stuff already and have a lot of the suggestions already on the Table and what we don't we will incorporate into next years. Looks like Componets are a clear winnner!

The midway, brownells etc gift certificate idea is great. Everyone can use this.

Bullets, primers and (not so much) powder. If you have a bigger match that has vendors set up, you could arrange for them to bring it to the match.

I picked up a GT target stand last summer at the ICORE regional prize table. I thought this was a great prize. Much better than another Tee shire, Pocket Knife combo.

I don't care too much and am fairly easy to please. The things I don't want to see is "tactical" toys for SWAT wannabees. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with some goofy half-finger tactical gloves I won. I'd much rather get a t-shirt or anything that might be useful at some point.

I always send a note to sponsors I receive prizes from thanking the - I believe Roy (shred) sends notes to all sponsors of a match (something I'm going to start doing this year). Man, what if we all took the time to do that??? ;)

I try to at least send a thank-you e-mail to whoever supplied the prizes I win. A few times it's turned into small sponsorships, or extra additional products and services and such, so it's win-win. Get to it everybody!

Of course you have to actually use the product you get versus selling it ten minutes later. <_<

Since I rarely win, I don't get the chance to thank sponsors for their prizes, but I do try to support the vendors that support our sport. Usually my first order with someone new is called in, instead of an not so personal e-mail order, and I mention that I saw they were generous at "such and such" match and tell them its appreciated.

Not so much as being "Miss Manners" as showing that I really do value their support.

Bill

(Is this what we call "thread drift"?)