Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Indiana Section and State Championship

2008 Indiana State videos will be posted in the gallery once they are uploaded

Flyin

You the man John

Dave and all that helped. My hat is off to you. The props were some of the best I have seen in a long time. This is turning in to a do not miss match

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final results archived on the Silver Creek Website, along with a gallery/slide show of pics (thanks to Akidale!) from the match. Akidale is sending me a cd with more pics and I will upload them when I get it. Here is the link:

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/USPSA/2008INS...inalResults.htm

Ooops....I forgot to but a link on www.indianauspsa.org -- brb....

I just started shooting USPSA last year, and this was my first Major match and it was a total blast! Kudo's to everyone that worked so hard to put it on!!

The only bad thing was my shooting buddy went down from the heat after the first stage on Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of the day in the car with the AC on, but I shot pretty good for me and even got 2nd in Limited "D" - my first trophy!! I also got to shoot in the same group with Matt Cheely which was a lot of fun and very educational!

Edited by BrianS

you are correct,

case of mistaken identity in the photo,

that is not the Rhino

:unsure:

Can anyone identify the glocker in question? I guess one way to find out if people are actually reading the captions is to just make stuff up and write in captions.

Edited by domzilla9

you are correct,

case of mistaken identity in the photo,

that is not the Rhino

:unsure:

Can anyone identify the glocker in question? I guess one way to find out if people are actually reading the captions is to just make stuff up and write in captions.

I think it is Michael Shepherd. He RO'd Stage 6.

I want to add my official Match Director "thank you" to the entire staff of the Indiana Sectional Championship. Throughout the week scores of individuals contributed to the success of the match. Early in the week it was rain and mud which turned to oppressive heat and dust for the match itself.

Lee Leonard and the Silver Creek team worked for weeks to get the range ready and some of the stages built.

Aron Bright was the major force in stage design and construction. This match does not happen without Aron.

Jake Martens was his usual brilliant self with regard to sponsors and prizes.

Joseph "the Rhino" Viray excelled in leading stats and running his mouth (as expected).

The RO staff was unparalleled this side of nationals. I saw nothing but professionalism around the range. Special kudos to the Stage 1 guys who conducted themselves like veterans AND provided the Match Director with the cool baja golf cart transportation, the Stage 2 home boys who rocked, Stage 3 guys who spent all weekend backing up, the Stage 4 team who did not allow their complicated stage to get backed up, to Aron Bright (again) on Stage 5 who scored the 35 yard targets the entire weekend (70 yard round trip times about 200 shooters = 14,000 yards = 7.95 miles - let's just call it 8 miles), the Stage 6 crew going up AND down the stairs all weekend, and the guys on Stages 9 and 10 on the west side of the range otherwise known as "the oven".

Range Master Steve Wright was fair and unflappable as usual.

If you see these people at a match in the near future, be sure to thank them again for the great job they did in very difficult (HOT, HOT, HOT) conditions:

Stage 1: Joe Bruscemi (CRO), Pete Briggs, Pete Briggs II

Stage 2: Mike Thompson (CRO), Ryan Clawson, Mark Butler

Stage 3: Larry Starost (CRO), Chris Iliff, Brent Roberts

Stage 4: John Whitt (CRO), Dean Francisco, Greg Hodges, Leigh Ann Jeter, Jim Lamb

Stage 5: Aron Bright (CRO), Mark Mortier, Ron Buchnat

Stage 6: Robert Brandt (CRO), Michael Shepherd, Jeff Gordon

Stages 7 & 8: Steve Perkins (CRO), David Butler, Noel Mortier

Stage 9: Chris Conley (CRO), Josh Cottrill, Ed Basham, (James Hust)

Stage 10: Nick Repasky (CRO), Phillip Gamblin, Pat Scott

Chrono: Micah Barcelo (CRO), Paul Santiago

Warm Up Bay / Backup ROs: Butch Winstel, Phil Duncan

Event Coordinator: Lee Leonard

Range Master: Steve Wright

Sponsors / Vendors / Prizes: Jake Martens

Accommodations: Christa Toby

Stats: Joseph Viray, Dominic Bosco, Chris Cotter, Marc Lorey

Shooter Services: Jane Ball, Pat Leonard

Stats Runners: Jackson Ball, Bryan Ball, Donna Conley

This was my first USPSA Major match. I didn't shoot that well but I learned alot. THANK YOU to all the match staff that made my first experience one to remember. I will be sure to attend this match in the future.

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Nick

And let's not forget Judith Riggs on Stats; someone has to keep the numbers, Rhino and the crowd in line. :)

Thanks for mentioning this, Dale. Judith "walked on" and pitched in and was fantastic! I accidentally overlooked her because she wasn't on my going-into-the-weekend list.

I tossed in the usuall, "good match, great stages" earlier.

SO.................................

With a little time for it to sink in, and some good discussion on the way home about stage set up, challenges offered, why the many DQs ect I'll toss in another bone.

Stage props.

The walls and other props were great !!!!! I personally like seeing SOLID walls so you can't look through the "snow fence" and already know where that target is exactly sitting. :devil:

Yes, I heard they "walls ect." came from the local "production" house but beggars can't be choosers and Ya'll made out like BANDITS !!!! :D

The backing up stage.

It is a challange that is tested, but not normally, and not often.

I think it is a good test, and everyone knows the rules about the 180 and traveling with your finger in the trigger...................YOU do it, You pay the PRICE ! :blink: When our squad came through we were reminded about the 180 and traveling with your finger in the trigger. I don't think they (RO's) were LOOKING for a reason to DQ, but were NOT looking OVER DQ able offences (GOOD FOR THEM) :cheers:

Challenges:

I shot revolver, and with the new " 8 rounds from one spot" rule we (revolver shooters) are now getting plenty of reloading practice !!! :surprise:

I personally like it, and to those who whine, cry or whatever. You chose the gun to shoot THAT match/stage ect. Like it or lump it. IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE YOUR GUN FIT THE STAGE!!!!!! ;)

Now, It's been a while since I have had to shoot past 25 yds (yes we are shooting Handguns, and they are not normally longer range weapons) but it is a Challenge that is tested and needs to be seen !!!!! (Good job on that)

STAFF

can you say TOASTED !!!!!!

After shooting a day in the heat and then working 2 more, They were quite proffessional even that Sunday evening.

I saw the MD, RM, and other non-RO staff out and about checking on things regularly.......GOOD JOB, have a drink on me !!!!

I want to say this too.

I had to really look at several of the stages to make the decision on how to shoot them, too many options even for a revolver. (GOOD THING) :cheers:

Thanks again, Great match.

Please do it again, but maybe a month earlier !!!!!! :surprise:

Hopalong

With a little time for it to sink in, and some good discussion on the way home about stage set up, challenges offered, why the many DQs ect I'll toss in another bone.

Stage props.

The walls and other props were great !!!!! I personally like seeing SOLID walls so you can't look through the "snow fence" and already know where that target is exactly sitting. :devil:

Yes, I heard they "walls ect." came from the local "production" house but beggars can't be choosers and Ya'll made out like BANDITS !!!! :D

The backing up stage.

I think it is a good test, and everyone knows the rules about the 180 and traveling with your finger in the trigger...................YOU do it, You pay the PRICE ! :blink: When our squad came through we were reminded about the 180 and traveling with your finger in the trigger. I don't think they (RO's) were LOOKING for a reason to DQ, but were NOT looking OVER DQ able offences (GOOD FOR THEM) :cheers:

Challenges:

I shot revolver, and with the new " 8 rounds from one spot" rule we (revolver shooters) are now getting plenty of reloading practice !!! :surprise:

I personally like it, and to those who whine, cry or whatever. You chose the gun to shoot THAT match/stage ect. Like it or lump it. IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE YOUR GUN FIT THE STAGE!!!!!! ;)

Now, It's been a while since I have had to shoot past 25 yds (yes we are shooting Handguns, and they are not normally longer range weapons) but it is a Challenge that is tested and needs to be seen !!!!! (Good job on that)

STAFF

After shooting a day in the heat and then working 2 more, They were quite proffessional even that Sunday evening.

I saw the MD, RM, and other non-RO staff out and about checking on things regularly.......GOOD JOB, have a drink on me !!!!

I want to say this too.

I had to really look at several of the stages to make the decision on how to shoot them, too many options even for a revolver. (GOOD THING) :cheers:

Hopalong

There was a backing up stage????? I guess I shot that one during my heat stroke and just don't remember. :roflol:

Stage props.

The backing up stage.

Challenges:

STAFF

I want to say this too.

Hopalong

There was a backing up stage????? I guess I shot that one during my heat stroke and just don't remember. :roflol:

You shot it so fast how can you remember??? That was a smoking run.

Chris C.

Kevin Siddle from Detonics was also there, and they donated a Detonics Service Master that will be given to HOA in L10. Kevin shot the match on Saturday.

Looks like it isn't the Detonics, but a Rock Island .45. I'm still not complaining, it beats a trophy and a handshake. Who wound up with the Service Master?

H.

Kevin Siddle from Detonics was also there, and they donated a Detonics Service Master that will be given to HOA in L10. Kevin shot the match on Saturday.

Looks like it isn't the Detonics, but a Rock Island .45. I'm still not complaining, it beats a trophy and a handshake. Who wound up with the Service Master?

H.

So what does the Limited HOA win :devil: