Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 built on Armscor Frame

Nemo

Yamil, my brother from another mother & father, gave me an Armscor frame and I immediately got the itch that tells me it needs to be turned into a gun! So I start opening old boxes, looking in all my tools and parts bins and find lots of the little bits and pieces neded for a 1911. Yamil also gave me a Nowlin easy-fit barrel that ipso facto went into my Springfield gun, leaving me with a Springer barrel for the Filipina.

Long time ago I bought an used Ed Brown beavertail from EERW that finally got to see some use together with lots of take-offs from old guns. VRMN1 provided the rear sight that still needs to be installed and Pat Mileshosky sold me an Armscor slide. In the end I was short a set of grip bushings, a plunger tube and a decent trigger and hammer. No big deal!

Anyway, I started to fit the beavertail and got the ugly gap that used to happen with the Springfield frames and EB grip safeties.

post-2776-1198715639.jpgpost-2776-1198715654.jpg

After that the project came to a stop. I got the parts that I needed and tossed them in the ziploc with the others, until my friend Pedro The Smithy (the same one that got my limited M&P the 2lb trigger) showed up. Gave all the parts to him and told him to turn them into the perfect $100 gun.

This is where he's at (excuse the cell phone camera pix)

post-2776-1198715959.jpgpost-2776-1198715973.jpg

Shot it sight-less last weekend and it works. Actually I have a little more than $100 in it, maybe like $160.

More to come. Stay tuned.

B)

Dang everybody is building a 1911 but me. :(

Very cool!.

Yeah......not everybody is winning a new Sabre Defence rifle either. Hell......I'd bet money that Nemo will trade you straight up.

Too late Merlin has already worked a deal for Nemo's gun. :goof:

Edited by vrmn1

Dang everybody is building a 1911 but me. :(

Very cool!.

Yeah......not everybody is winning a new Sabre Defence rifle either. Hell......I'd bet money that Nemo will trade you straight up.

Too late Merlin has already worked a deal for Nemo's gun. :goof:

Hehe...Not... but I do like it! :D

Let's try to address questions, comments and offers in order...

Merlin, you already stole your 1911 for 2007 (the $200 Springer). Try again next year.

Yamil gave me the frame, I did the beavertail, Pedro ortiz has done the rest of the work. He's done the front strap high cut, the slide beveling, front strap and MSH stippling, blend the magwell, a 3.5lb trigger, install the plunger tube, etc.

I'm not sure if I want to french line or flat-top the slide.

Yes Vrmn, I'll take the rifle for the gun. Thanks bullit! :D

Frame and slide are 100% Filipino Armscor. Frame was free, slide was $50. According to Pedro, rough was a compliment. :o

Let's try to address questions, comments and offers in order...

Merlin, you already stole your 1911 for 2007 (the $200 Springer). Try again next year.

Yamil gave me the frame, I did the beavertail, Pedro ortiz has done the rest of the work. He's done the front strap high cut, the slide beveling, front strap and MSH stippling, blend the magwell, a 3.5lb trigger, install the plunger tube, etc.

I'm not sure if I want to french line or flat-top the slide.

Yes Vrmn, I'll take the rifle for the gun. Thanks bullit! :D

Frame and slide are 100% Filipino Armscor. Frame was free, slide was $50. According to Pedro, rough was a compliment. :o

Oh you know you can't let that gun go, so much sentimental value, one friend give you the frame, one friend did the work. :-)

Oh you know you can't let that gun go, so much sentimental value, one friend give you the frame, one friend did the work. :-)

That's very true! Actually it's been setup to be my new carry 1911. :)

Pedro is a very good gunsmith but not a very good photographer, but here are some pics he e-mailed me of the process. Check out the blend job he did on the "El Cheapo" magwell I gave him in the bag-o-parts, it's one of those the hang onto the grip bushings. Also photo of the grip undercut and back of the slide blending.

Stay tuned

post-2776-1198769658.jpg

post-2776-1198769701.jpg

post-2776-1198769822.jpg

Edited because I messed it up the first time.

Edited by Nemo

nice gun nemo!

in support of armscor 1911, here is my current game gun, i call it "SAMSCOR" frame is ARMSCOR, Slide is from Shooters Arms Mfg Philippines aka SAM. Duracoat was used for the paint. To date, it has seen 7,000 rounds

gsam1.jpg

nice gun nemo!

in support of armscor 1911, here is my current game gun, i call it "SAMSCOR" frame is ARMSCOR, Slide is from Shooters Arms Mfg Philippines aka SAM. Duracoat was used for the paint. To date, it has seen 7,000 rounds

gsam1.jpg

Niiiice. My good friend is running his Armscor in USPSA Limited as well and is very proud of it. Makes me homesick. How am I filipino and NOT have a pistol from my home land? Gotta fix that. Thanks for sharing.

nice gun nemo!

Very nice!! How's the Duracoat holding on?

Very nice!! How's the Duracoat holding on?

thanks nemo. let me clarify my first post, prior to painting it with duracoat, it ate about 5000 rounds. the remaining 2,000 rounds came post-duractoat paint.

verdict on duracoat: good/ave. reason: paint chipped of around trigger guard area of my pistol where it makes contact with the trigger bar of a CR speed holster. there are also some paint chipped off around the MSH area. i'm not sure if its because the SAMSCOR is a game gun so it gets a lot of handling, or if its how the paint was applied/cured.

That's very true! Actually it's been setup to be my new carry 1911. :)

Pedro is a very good gunsmith but not a very good photographer, but here are some pics he e-mailed me of the process. Check out the blend job he did on the "El Cheapo" magwell I gave him in the bag-o-parts, it's one of those the hang onto the grip bushings. Also photo of the grip undercut and back of the slide blending.

Stay tuned

post-2776-1198769658.jpg

post-2776-1198769701.jpg

post-2776-1198769822.jpg

Edited because I messed it up the first time.

That is a heck of a job on the magwell, I had one of those on my Springer I blended to the frame but not that much in the back.

I heard a story once about a fella that bought a new mil spec for 200.00. Just have to think the seller is dumber than a rock and the buyer has no moral fiber at all. Well niether of those is true. Could it be that those two jerked the chain of this whole bunch? I wasnt there when the deed was done so I cant say I saw it with my own two, but I know where that pistol was and I know where its not now. So may be the question is who bought what and who suckered who? Aint no place like this place.-------------Larry