Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning A Tumbler

I just finished cleaning several buckets of range brass and not only is all my media now black, but the inside of tumbler is caked with black crud. I have tried hot water and scrub brush, but its not coming out. Any tips and tricks?

Once you get it cleaned, try using a little carbon cutter on the media, I use the GM TEC (General Motors Top End Cleaner $6 a quart), it works better than the Dillon or Midway polishes and cuts the tumble time down. Also I cut a dryer sheet up and feed it into the media, this picks up the crud, cleans the media and tumbler. My media seems to last forever now.

Look here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=tumbler

Short version:

Heavy application of citrus cleaner. Let soak and soften. Scour out with plastic mesh pad. In the future, go easy on the added polish. Head off heavy buildup with a spritz of the cleaner and a wiping out with a paper towel every couple runs. Get the dust out of the media by using old dryer cloths in each run.

Kevin C

Simple Green does wonders........Forrest

+1 -- Simple Green is the bomb. For the tumbler, mix some simple green with warm water, use a rag, and the black gunk wipes right off. I use simple green to clean just about everything and it works great.

-br

Extra caution on the dust for the lead content. especially if you are Breeding age. Think of your kids.

Been breeding age most of, and plan on, the rest of my life. :surprise:

I have not Breed in over 22 years and proud happy of it. I went to the vet. when I started making twins :blink:

Extra caution on the dust for the lead content. especially if you are Breeding age. Think of your kids.

Been breeding age most of, and plan on, the rest of my life. :surprise:

I have not Breed in over 22 years and proud happy of it. I went to the vet. when I started making twins :blink:

:lol:

I just finished cleaning several buckets of range brass and not only is all my media now black, but the inside of tumbler is caked with black crud. I have tried hot water and scrub brush, but its not coming out. Any tips and tricks?

Replace your media. New media will clean the tumbler as well as the brass.

I have been using Lizard Litter ground walnut, but when I get to the bottom of the sack, will be looking at using rice.

Simple Green does wonders........Forrest

+1 -- Simple Green is the bomb. For the tumbler, mix some simple green with warm water, use a rag, and the black gunk wipes right off. I use simple green to clean just about everything and it works great.

-br

+2 with the simple green... Guess you can tell who owns Glocks in this thread.....