Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minnesota...

dminor

Rhino,

This the actual wording from the bill which was passed regarding visitors from other states.

Subd. 16. [RECOGNITION OF PERMITS FROM OTHER STATES.] (a)

27.8 The commissioner of public safety must annually establish and

27.9 publish a list of other states that have laws governing the

27.10 issuance of permits to carry weapons that are not substantially

27.11 similar to this section. The list must be available on the

27.12 Internet. A person holding a carry permit from a state not on

27.13 the list may use the license or permit in this state subject to

27.14 the rights, privileges, and requirements of this section.

27.15 (B) Notwithstanding paragraph (a), no license or permit

27.16 from another state is valid in this state if the holder is or

27.17 becomes prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.

27.18 © Any sheriff or police chief may file a petition under

27.19 subdivision 12 seeking an order suspending or revoking an

27.20 out-of-state permit holder's authority to carry a pistol in this

27.21 state on the grounds set forth in subdivision 6, paragraph (a),

27.22 clause (3). An order shall only be issued if the petitioner

27.23 meets the burden of proof and criteria set forth in subdivision

27.24 12. If the court denies the petition, the court must award the

27.25 permit holder reasonable costs and expenses including attorney

27.26 fees. The petition may be filed in any county in the state

27.27 where a person holding a license or permit from another state

27.28 can be found.

27.29 (d) The commissioner of public safety must, when necessary,

27.30 execute reciprocity agreements regarding carry permits with

27.31 jurisdictions whose carry permits are recognized under paragraph

27.32 (a).

If I understand the legal-ease the answer is yes if your state doesn't appear on the list which will be posted somewhere on the internet. (I would guess on the dept. of public safety site)

After years of trying and countless e-mails, letters and phone calls it is not only great that we finally won, but the hysterical whinning of the luny left in this state has been most entertaining.

If I understand the legal-ease the answer is yes if your state doesn't appear on the list which will be posted somewhere on the internet. (I would guess on the dept. of public safety site)

Thanks for the information! That's good news . . . I suspect Indiana will eventually get on "the list" because we have no training requirement, but fortunately I have my Florida license. ;)

So did Jesse sign this thing, or do you have a new governor? I believe he promised he'd sign such a bill as part of his platform years ago?

Yes rhino, we had a new governor. He is a Republican named Tim Pawlenty. The paper this morning said that gun classes are filling fast!

Good for Minnesota!

Now we need to get Ohio, Wisconsin, and Missouri on board. Well, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas too.

Illinoise, of course, will never allow the peasants the means to defend themselves. :angry:

CONGRATULATIONS Minnesota!!!

If mayor Daley has his way, thinking about Concealed Carry will

brand you a FELON! Just being able to keep what we have now

is going to be a major accomplishment over the next 4 years!

A big CONGRATS' to Minnesota!

Now, perhaps, Missouri may be next. They've got something cooking, but have a resistant governor, I'm told. :angry:

Reciprocity? Hmm... what I hear is that Oregon reciprocates with NO one out there... even tho about five other states reciprocate Oregon. Sheesh--Oregon and its weirdnesses, I swear! :wacko: Will they never end...?.... (but at least we're "shall issue"...) B)

Well, congratulations to those of you up in MN!! Great news!

We are still stuck with NOTHING in Ohio (while every one of the surrounding States has CCW), and stuck with a spineless Republican Governor that won't do a damn thing about it...... :angry:

The only problem with the new law in MN is that to qualify for a CCW, you have to prove you're a true Minnesotan, and this involves eating 5lbs of Lutefisk and passing a language test (e.g. you must answer "You betcha" not "Yes" to every question").

And Denise, for God's sake, don't tell Arnie I made these comments 'coz he'll beat me up ............

Vince,

Too late, Denise already has pointed out your reply!!! You are in deep doo doo, my Hong Kong friend. :D Just for your information, I have only tried lutefisk one time and it took me four years to recover, it was worse than SARS. I do admit to saying "uffda", "you betcha" and "ish" (which Denise had to ask me to translate) more often than you would think. Unfortunately, I grew up close to Canada and Dino also taught me to say "eh" a whole bunch with the "you betcha's".

Oh, by the way, Ivan Ketler has already confirmed that he will be at the Area 3 match, what is your status? Are you afraid that we have a spot behind the remote berm for you? ;)

By the way, Denise asks if you will sponsor the high female at the Area 3 match with a prize consisting of pearls from Hong Kong. And, of course, you would be very remiss in not remembering the Match Director with pearls as well (either pink or black pearls would suffice). You Betcha. :D

Arnie

L2323

Area 3 Director

NROI/IROA Range Master

Arnie,

I'm not giving away my pearls to anyone but I'm willing to sponsor the High Female Baywatch Babe (and the entire Swedish Bikini Team) with knickers and fishnet stockings from Victoria's Secret, personally fitted by me to ensure comfort.

Of course doing so is not good for my heart but I'm willing to make the sacrifice for IPSC.

Yes, I know, I'm a great guy :blink: