Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midwest ICORE Regionals

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Results! We need final reults! Those of us who have to live vicariously through the scores posted by others need our fix. ;)

I hope this is legal... I got the first name and first letter of the last name. The official results should be listed on the ICORE Webpage shortly. I was gonna change the names to prtect the innocent but with Cliff there so went the innocence... :lol:

ETA: Link for the offical results...ICORELink

Shooter Div Total Percentage Lewis Class

Mark I. Open 147.68 100.00% M

Roger D. Open 151.6 97.41% M

Dean G. Open 166.75 88.56% A

Todd C. Open 174.46 84.65% A

Rick M. Open 180.05 82.02% A

Mike C. Open 229 64.49% B

John B. Limited 148.47 100.00% M

Mike L. Limited 170.22 87.22% A

Dan C. Limited 174.07 85.29% A

Dave W. Limited 185.94 79.85% B

Cliff W. Limited 186.02 79.81% B

Jess C. Limited 195.32 76.01% B

Lance J. Limited 217.57 68.24% B

Mike Ca. Limited 226.85 65.45% B

Jeff W. Limited 237.17 62.60% B

Mike H. Limited 248.57 59.73% C

Fred N. Limited 250.52 59.26% C

Curtis W. Limited 253.76 58.51% C

Stephanie L.Limited 256.16 57.96% C

Chris Y. Limited 259.21 57.28% C

Ken S. Limited 262.74 56.51% C

Mike W. Limited 291.77 50.89% C

Chris G. Limited 292.16 50.82% C

Jerry N. Limited 292.37 50.78% C

Josh G. Limited 293.04 50.67% C

Dean D. Limited 296.99 49.99% C

John G. Limited 313.19 47.41% C

David G. Limited 328.77 45.16% C

Mike W. Limited 329.72 45.03% C

John H. Limited 351.21 42.27% C

Riichiro S. Limited 367.2 40.43% C

David S. Limited 396.92 37.41% D

Paul S. Limited 417.7 35.54% D

David C. Limited 421.44 35.23% D

Louis S. Limited 558.07 26.60% D

Anne D. Limited 649.66 22.85% D

Edited by Bubber

I had a really good time also! Mike and Stephanie are truly a class act, and know how to put on a great match! They attracted some really fine revolver talent from across the country.

Now--when reviewing the match results, it's very important to focus mostly on the "Nearly Far Standards" stage. That's the stage that really matters. The rest is all pretty much window-dressing. ;)

I had a really good time also! Mike and Stephanie are truly a class act, and know how to put on a great match! They attracted some really fine revolver talent from across the country.

Now--when reviewing the match results, it's very important to focus mostly on the "Nearly Far Standards" stage. That's the stage that really matters. The rest is all pretty much window-dressing. ;)

Nah! "Counter Encounter" showed who had the mental acuity to duke it out! Anybody can run around and shoot, it's those little things like "Stage Descriptions" you know weak hand/strong hand, that matter! You of all people should be aware of the fine print.

Don't feel bad Dr. Dremel, at least 1 guy in my squad did the same thing as you.

Mike Luttrell usually sets his stages up to entice us IPSC guys to hose it, then throws a tight target, or position, into it. Good way to learn to control the throttle isn't it.

Maybe next year those California guys need to spot us a few seconds, I mean they can actually get out and sight in their guns in the winter.

By looking at your favorite course, I'd say that 627 is sighted in nicely. How's it group at 50 yards?

I remember lifting some toasts :cheers: to the Revoman for his fine finish in the afternoon and placement in front of some highly skilled pistoleros even though I was accused of cheating because I was shooting open I take it anyway I can. I drank and enjoyed my brief shining moment and just like Cinderella at midnight my glass slipper fell off and I was then known again as just revoman without a capitol letter a second class shooter who did but once rise to the occasion and shot and drank beer with the best of them. Even a senior old dog has his days. :D Great Match Mike and Steph!

Nah! "Counter Encounter" showed who had the mental acuity to duke it out! Anybody can run around and shoot, it's those little things like "Stage Descriptions" you know weak hand/strong hand, that matter! You of all people should be aware of the fine print.

[snip]

Hey, if you're gonna haze a new member of TBF, at least have the courtesy to phrase it as a course description so he won't know what you said. <_<

Great match to start the year....and always good to catch up with friends from far and away....... :cheers:

Congrats to you Mark, and look how close that Bagakis guy was to you :surprise: Congrats to you also John.

And of course congratulations to all who shot the match.

I am now not in the dark. I see the light.

I saw reference to Mike's joining TBF and had now idea what it was for. I could not fathom that Walt would let just anybody join without just cause.

I now know why,

Mike,

I will not let "little ffl" know he beat you on a stage. He beat me once and it was brutal for a long time.

Great Fun and Great match. Mike and Stephanie know how to turn 2 bays into a fun time and frustrating stages.

Great to see you guys again. Might see you in LA in March I will see you in Morro Bay.

I remember lifting some toasts :cheers: to the Revoman for his fine finish in the afternoon and placement in front of some highly skilled pistoleros even though I was accused of cheating because I was shooting open I take it anyway I can.

I think deep down we all know Open revolvers are for frickin' cheaters. ;)

But setting that aside for a second, you'll always be the Revoman with a capital "R" in my book! You shot a great match, Dean, and I suspect 2008 will be a very strong year for you. Nice job!

Edited by Carmoney

In regards to IRC

Hey ICORE,

Want to truly improve an otherwise great match? Eliminate Near and Far Standards in favor of a non-specific long-range standards stage that varies from year to year.

In regards to MidWest Reg

Judas Priest Mike which one is it .....??????????............The left hand or the right hand......Guilty or Not guilty...

Freek'n Lawyer.......Make up your mind for Christ sake..... :P

Edited by D.carden

Why, Dan, both of my posts can be very nicely synthesized into a cohesive and completely consistent message.

And I could do that.......but not for free....... ;)

...or with a timer running...

:goof:

Left hand , Right Hand.......stop it....I am still having night sweats...... :blink:

And we all know that Open guns are harder to shoot than Limited guns.....right......

You light gun, iron sight shooting fairies don't realize how hard it is too run a dot gun. All the additional issues with batteries, and the additional weight...." gun, not shooter".... :lol:

We have to carry all that extra stuff in our bags.....suffer the extra expense.......

You want to talk about cheating.....you never see an Open Shooter use sight black at the last minute......I mean what kind of head game is that..... :wacko:

Left hand , Right Hand.......stop it....I am still having night sweats...... :blink:

And we all know that Open guns are harder to shoot than Limited guns.....right......

You light gun, iron sight shooting fairies don't realize how hard it is too run a dot gun. All the additional issues with batteries, and the additional weight...." gun, not shooter".... :lol:

We have to carry all that extra stuff in our bags.....suffer the extra expense.......

You want to talk about cheating.....you never see an Open Shooter use sight black at the last minute......I mean what kind of head game is that..... :wacko:

Actually back in the early days of Dots, I tried to help several of my "friends" with sight black on their Dots. An unappreciated endeavor though.

Dots make me feel all Jumpy and Jerky.

In regards to IRC
Hey ICORE,

Want to truly improve an otherwise great match? Eliminate Near and Far Standards in favor of a non-specific long-range standards stage that varies from year to year.

In regards to MidWest Reg

Judas Priest Mike which one is it .....??????????............The left hand or the right hand......Guilty or Not guilty...

Freek'n Lawyer.......Make up your mind for Christ sake..... :P

I completely missed that one Dan :lol:

Mike and I want to thank everyone that came and helped to make it a great match. We're still not sure how we got out of paying for dinner that night, but we appreciate gesture very much. This group is a pleasure to host and we look forward to shooting with everyone in the future.