Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midwest ICORE Regionals

Perhaps it was make foolish wagers? :P I seem to recall a picture of someone coughing up some greenbacks last year. ;):P

ooooo, that rings a bell, but I don't remember coughing. Hmmmm, back pain? No, there was something else...

"

Diamonds are Forever" Why H*!! Yea I'll go first there is nothing complicated here!!!
At Least that is what a little birdie told me. But maybe thre was MORE to it>

edited but cain't member why???

Now it's starting to come back...

HEY! They changed the "coaching" rule in the 2008 USPSA rule book so I'm counting on all of you to help me through this thing. :goof:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The stage diagrams came out today... If you are registered, check your email...

No ugly swinger with a big no shoot covering up all but the A and B Zones like there was last year.

I am sure I'll find plenty of other opportunities to go faster than I should and incur lot of penalty time.

Now if I can just set down the bottom feeders and practice some more, I might not look so bad shooting the round gun...

The stages look like fun. This will be my first time shooting Icore.

I normally shoot limited in USPSA so I have to really try and work on waiting for the sights to line up just right then not yank the hell out of the trigger. I'm sure my scores/times will be a source of amusement. :D

Chris

No ugly swinger with a big no shoot covering up all but the A and B Zones like there was last year.

I am sure I'll find plenty of other opportunities to go faster than I should and incur lot of penalty time.

Now if I can just set down the bottom feeders and practice some more, I might not look so bad shooting the round gun...

As we covered clearly in a recent match, "practicing" is specifically treated as "unsportsmanlike conduct". Match preparation is strictly limited to finding your gun on match morning and bringing whatever ammunition you happen to have lying around *on match day*.

:mellow:

As we covered clearly in a recent match, "practicing" is specifically treated as "unsportsmanlike conduct". Match preparation is strictly limited to finding your gun on match morning and bringing whatever ammunition you happen to have lying around *on match day*.

What about insuring peak performance with a vicious hangover, 2 hours of sleep or a nasty head cold? Would not want to come well rested...

Edited by Wideload

I normally shoot limited in USPSA so I have to really try and work on waiting for the sights to line up just right then not yank the hell out of the trigger. I'm sure my scores/times will be a source of amusement. :D

Chris

Just remember to "Stop" counting at "6"! Or 8 if you're a ?hmmm? "Good" lawyer and can afford a 627!

See ya bright and early Saturday Morning. Now I've got you missing the MCPSL Monthly Match.

I'm a very bad influence!

Dave

Edited by pskys2

What about insuring peak performance with a vicious hangover, 2 hours of sleep or a nasty head cold? Would not want to come well rested...

Working on your gun just before the match to "adjust" trigger pull can be substituted for non-drinkers.

Chris

Just remember to "Stop" counting at "6"! Or 8 if you're a ?hmmm? "Good" lawyer and can afford a 627!

See ya bright and early Saturday Morning. Now I've got you missing the MCPSL Monthly Match.

I'm a very bad influence!

Dave

Actually, I just got a 627PC from the Bullethole last Saturday. However, I don't think I will have it, clips and ammo ready in time. So, I will be bringing the 625. I won't need more than 6 at a time anyway right? :ph34r:

Yeah, I've kinda been enjoying shooting something a little different lately. However, after 2-9 I will be practicing with nothing but the STI to get ready for Double Tap.

Chris

Working on your gun just before the match to "adjust" trigger pull can be substituted for non-drinkers.

I resemble that comment

Well it looks like 3 in a row !!! :angry2:

I was in TX visiting my friend who has cancer for X-mas.

I told him I'd make a trip back to see him in the spring. His condition is not getting better so I'm going to go earlier. Gonna save the $$$$ for this match for the trip back to Floresville.

Oh well, MAYBE one of these days.................

Hop

• 2 weeks later...
Well, a week from now the thing will be just a morning away.

I hate that I'll miss it again.

For those who get to make the trip, have fun. Mike and Steph are a CLASS ACT !!!!

[snip]

Hop

...it ain't an act...

:cheers:

If someone will pick me up and take me back to the airport I will try to make it.

I wonder if I can get sign up with ICORE in time. Hhmm.

Hey I have a week to figure out if I can make it. That should be enought ime. :wacko::rolleyes:

If someone will pick me up and take me back to the airport I will try to make it.

I wonder if I can get sign up with ICORE in time. Hhmm.

Hey I have a week to figure out if I can make it. That should be enought ime. :wacko::rolleyes:

You can join ICORE at the match. You don't need to be a member of ICORE to shoot and Mike's using the Lewis Scoring System so Placques will be distributed by the class you fall in at the match, not what your ICORE class would be. The prizes are by placement alternating between Open/Limited.

Actually the only reason you would "have" to join ICORE would be to take a firearm off of the table, and in the past they let you join after you knew you had the gun. Mike is real easy to work with and though he doesn't talk much, his actions mark him as one of the nicest, straightest shooting guys I've ever met.

If you look earlier in this post for luttrel625, that's Mike. PM or email him from there and I'm sure they can arrange a bit of a ferry service from someone.

Hope to see you there,

Dave

I just made it back from Tontitown and the Midwest Regionals. Mike and his crew saw to it that it was a challenging and fun match. :cheers: Mike drew shooters from both coasts and Kentucky. Results should be posted in a couple of days.

If you can't get out of the Winter Doldrums by visiting with Mike and Steph, let alone shooting their match, well you must have anti-freeze instead of blood in your veins.

Mike put on another challenging match, how he shoots so well after busting his butt like that I don't know. Do you have some kind of "Power Drink" you use?

Mark Itzstein aka Pinshooter won Open with a 147.?? second time.

John Bakagis aka jbagakis won Limited with a 148.?? time, 2nd was Mike Luttrell aka luttrell625, 3rd Dan Carden aka dcarden, 4th myslef Dave Williams edging out 4th place loser(he lost 4th place and had to settle for 5th by something like a second) was Cliff Walsh. Gee I bet that incites Cliff to come back for a rematch! Iowa back to back maybe?

It was a great time, thanks for all the hardwork from Mike and his gang of cohorts.

Dave

Great Match. Its Ok if Mike doesn't post the score though.

Does it really matter who won if we all had a good time???

I agree!

Although we have a new certified member of Team Brain Fart... :lol: