Shopping for a new range bag

Tokarev

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! And I note they're made in the US.

This looks like the bag to have, even at the list price:

Action Plus Shooter's Bag

I used to sell Hafners and they were great bags. They started outsourcing the bags to Honduras and the quality went down as they were trying to get the price down. My intent when I started making my bag was to offer the absolutely best designed and built bag available. I guess the design was pretty good since its been directly copied by so many. Since I used to sell Hafners I started with that in mind and improved on it in many ways. Things that improved functionality and quality.

One reason I ran out of Black bags and got caught with my pants down is the US Border Patrol bought all the black to outfit their academy instructors.

I also hesitated reordering to long simply because I wasn't sure how the Cheap Knock off would effect the bags demand. Good thing is all the publicity on the difference in quality has increased demand. I was short sighted and didn't see this and why we ran out of Black, then the Navy and Burgandy as buyers were trying to find a substitute for a darker color. I apologize for that and disappointing so many for not having the color they wanted for Christmas.

• 1 year later...
Nice! And I note they're made in the US.

This looks like the bag to have, even at the list price:

Action Plus Shooter's Bag

I used to sell Hafners and they were great bags. They started outsourcing the bags to Honduras and the quality went down as they were trying to get the price down. My intent when I started making my bag was to offer the absolutely best designed and built bag available. I guess the design was pretty good since its been directly copied by so many. Since I used to sell Hafners I started with that in mind and improved on it in many ways. Things that improved functionality and quality.

One reason I ran out of Black bags and got caught with my pants down is the US Border Patrol bought all the black to outfit their academy instructors.

I also hesitated reordering to long simply because I wasn't sure how the Cheap Knock off would effect the bags demand. Good thing is all the publicity on the difference in quality has increased demand. I was short sighted and didn't see this and why we ran out of Black, then the Navy and Burgandy as buyers were trying to find a substitute for a darker color. I apologize for that and disappointing so many for not having the color they wanted for Christmas.

does the ced come with a pistol sleve

I love my SC bag but the one thing I would change, and it applies to almost all gun bags, is the black interiors. I can't see for crap and a black interior makes it hard for me to see small items. A real light khaki would let enough light in to help substantially. (Thesis proven by experiments with wife's purses.)

I love my SC bag but the one thing I would change, and it applies to almost all gun bags, is the black interiors. I can't see for crap and a black interior makes it hard for me to see small items. A real light khaki would let enough light in to help substantially. (Thesis proven by experiments with wife's purses.)

How many mags does your wife's purse hold and will it hold two Open guns?

I thought I responded to this last night, but it got lost.

I got the Midway USA bag. It is about as big as any bag you would want to carry, and is on sale now for $39.99. It has all the pockets and mag pouches that you would want, brass bag, and a removable center ammo carrier (I think they make those for shotgun shells.

I like mine (though I tend to over load it and break my shoulder). I am thinking of buying another, at this great price) for all that stuff you want to take to the range JUST IN CASE (spare gun, parts, tools, ammo, rain/weather gear) but do not want to schlep from stage to stage but want in the truck.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...&t=11082005

Mark

I bought one of these to use as a carry on bag for Vegas. After using it hard for a week I can say the bag seems ok but the shoulder strap sucked. It would loosen itself just sitting in the sun. I sold it locally and will now stick with SC or CED bags.