Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli, can't decide...

oregonshooter

Greg, there are lots of m1 and m2 s90s out there that have not been tuned that run just fine, but if you see enough of the ones that have problems you begin to see that the thing most problem guns have in commen is a PG stock. As far as tuneing guns goes, if we can make them shoot just a little softer, run just a little lighter load, cycle a little faster, why shouldnt we? After all we shoot these guns in competion, and we shoot them a lot. We have been doing this for a while and things that work get included in the package, things that dont get shuffled out. But we are always looking for that little bit more.-------------Larry

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes GregM4, you are here on a competitive shoooting sight; although you don't seem to be interested in competition shooting; so outside of telling all of us Benelli shooters how a $ 300.00 870 from Walmart is better, and that ex SEALS laugh at auto-loading shotguns ( note capitals this time Kelly!) And that you personally really like Pistol Grips on everything, how can we help you? KurtM

GregM4 ....I dont know 'who the hell' KurtM and his cute furry baby seals are but I just won the 2008 German IPSC Shotgun Championships and the 2008 British IPSC Shotgun Championships with my PG stocked M2.

However an old and true friend has always told me that straight stocked Benellis are the way forward and PG stocks are just evil...... However this guy is without doubt the most competent and capable all round IPSC / Multi gun shooter I have ever known, he is in my mind a true multi gun god......but despite all this I still dont listen even though I am sure he is correct !! but... one day, like you...... I will actually listen.....and maybe then I will become close to being good.

Good luck amigo

Edited by mike.45

Pistol grips are a definite minus in terms of reliability...

Pork barrel politics, Washington's typical good old boy "one hand washing the other" and political suction regarding military procurement of product is not something to base an argument on in regards to an items quality, reliability or suitability to preform its intended job.

I think this sums it up quite well, nuff said !! :ph34r:

WOO HOO!!! Congrats Mike!!!

I'm sure you used a PG just so you didn't beat them all toooo bad.....otherwise, you would have spanked them all and sent them home cryin'.

Seems that the Benelli S90 (m1/m2) is the way to go, and no PG if you want to show no shame, PG if you are a gentleman.

So.....why are you using a PG again Mike?

Tim

Because if he shot a straight stock, we wouldn't have anything to argue over while drinking beer, so we would just drink more beer and at the rate we drink that just might be too much for Mike :cheers:

BTW I expected him to win so that isn't impresive, now if he had a picture of him accepting the trophy while being carried on Andre Fergus's shoulders while kissing Silvia...now THAT would impress me.....GODD JOB MIKE!!!

Oh I also forgot to mention that the P.G. is like a security blanket for Mike, and since Andre was after him, he felt he needed it! He will someday stop living in the past and shooting in the past and realise that the now is...well.....now and that he could have beat Andre with a single shot top break H&R....Yes he is that good...if he just lets himself be :D

Yes GregM4, you are here on a competitive shoooting sight; although you don't seem to be interested in competition shooting; so outside of telling all of us Benelli shooters how a $ 300.00 870 from Walmart is better, and that ex SEALS laugh at auto-loading shotguns ( note capitals this time Kelly!) And that you personally really like Pistol Grips on everything, how can we help you? KurtM
Hey Kurt, I think you're assuming a little more than necessary...didn't mean to cause you such upset bud. To each his own...have a good week. Edited by GregM4

I sure will and hope it's good news. I am going to try everything from slugs to tac buck to light birdshot and run a hundred or two through it.

Thanks for the insights, will let you know how it goes. Been so wet around here lately that getting to our range wasn't high on the priority list...

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got 2 M4 Benellis with pistol grip. They run OK as long as you hold them tight. Any small amount of a loose hold will result in jam after jam. That being said, I just sent my M1 to Benny and crew for the works :cheers: . I agree the M4 isnt well suited for competition. I used mine in the new NRA TPC 3 gun competition a couple weeks ago because my 24" Benelli was 2" too long. It did alright, but i felt hindered by the sights and the lack of rib.

Edited by abn-rgr

Ive got 2 M4 Benellis with pistol grip. They run OK as long as you hold them tight. Any small amount of a loose hold will result in jam after jam. That being said, I just sent my M1 to Benny and crew for the works :cheers: . I agree the M4 isnt well suited for competition. I used mine in the new NRA TPC 3 gun competition a couple weeks ago because my 24" Benelli was 2" too long. It did alright, but i felt hindered by the sights and the lack of rib.

Do your M4s have the adjustable stocks?

Just curious...why did you buy 2 M4s with the PGs taking into account the lukewarm reviews here?

I guess I have NEVER seen an M4 without a P.G. stock, do they offer them with a regular stock??

My guess is that he got two of them because everything that the Military is getting has a P.G. stock....and that can't be wrong! KurtM

Shhhhh... I tought it was ilegal to put an extention on a PG imported shotgun, Thats why

Benelli does not make an extention for an M4 since it only comes with the PG... :unsure::unsure:

I thought this was established before the AWB... ??

An M2 tactical comes both ways thats why they make a factory extention ??? I'm not talking about aftermarket ..

Correct me if I'm wrong !!

To add 2 cents to the original question, if it's still out there, I had an M4 which was a lot of fun. I had the DMW extension. The law on this is muddled but it's an American part.

I sold it to a friend who wanted it for home defense, and I bought an M2 instead for 3gun. The difference/advantages to the M2:

Vent rib instead of ghost ring = faster

Non-pistol grip seems faster to me (not trying to reawaken the last discussion. Let it go if you disagree)

Much lighter weight.

Shoots light loads. My M4 with ARGO system had a little trouble with standard 7 1/2 and 8 light target loads. The M2 doesn't.

Less recoil (The M4 wasn't too bad, but this is a bonus)

21 inch barrel instead of 18 inch. Really this isn't much of a difference to me, but might be at longer ranges. In this case, it's more of a case of "what everyone else has".

That's about it. I'd recommend the M2 having tried both. The only down side is that the M4 would ghost load without modification. But the M2 has one more round in the magazine with the nordic +5 so it's a wash, 9 rounds.

S

Shoots light loads. My M4 with ARGO system had a little trouble with standard 7 1/2 and 8 light target loads. The M2 doesn't.

With like loads (and stock)... the recoil operated M2 has less recoil than the gas operated M4?

Or are you saying that the M2 has lighter recoil because it can run lighter loads?

Edited by Religious Shooter

With like loads (and stock)... the recoil operated M2 has less recoil than the gas operated M4?

Or are you saying that the M2 has lighter recoil because it can run lighter loads?

Like loads, seems like less recoil. Even less with light loads. But I'd say it's really splitting hairs between the two.

Benny and Crew? Mind a web site of company name?

TY!

Wayne

2- M1 S90's, 1 Black Eagle, Rem 870

• 4 weeks later...

Hey KurtM-

The Ma Duece may not have a PG but the Potato Digger does :ph34r:

<drift off>

Good thread though as I'm considering an M2 (not browning) myself

ETA sorry about the double tap on the pics...itchy finger

post-12620-1221688128_thumb.jpg

post-12620-1221688144_thumb.jpg

Edited by hk_mtbr

M2 Browning..still in use, "potato digger" not in use for a long long long long time. Browning 1917A3, pistol grip, not in use for a long long long long time either....BUT I would like either one :D KurtM