Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bags

Big Guy

The Shooters Connection bag is great. Mine is going on 5 years old and other than needing a bath is in excellent shape. That said, it depends on what you are going to do with the bag. If you need to carry a couple of guns, ammo, lunch, your inner and outer belt, a tool kit, ears and eye protection, a note book, squib rod, a change of clothes, knee pads and spare pair of cleats Chucks bag will hold it.

I've been using a Camelbak Mule as a range bag to carry water and ammo. I wear the belt, gun and mags, eyes and ears. Chuck's bag gets left in the truck with everything else I hauled to the range.

:cheers:

<_< Chuck's bag is the best. don't be put off by the size, it comes with an inner bag that has two zippered pockets and shoulder strap rings. So you could just use the inner bag when ever you wanted. I zip my gun or guns into the inner bag and wrap the belt over that and put everything I need for a match in the bag. When I arrive at the match I can down size to the inner bag or carry the entire thing with a drink in an outer pocket.

As all I did to travel to the area 2 match was take the bag and when I arrived I removed the extra boxed ammo I did not want to carry every day. I had room for the video camera too.

My bag is three years old and looks and works great.

Jamie F.

Shooters Connection. I got mine 3+ years ago and it still looks great. Been rained & snowed on. Just dry it out. Fits everything you need for a match. If it don't fit you shouldn't have to haul it around. Just keep a 2nd bag in the truck with major parts/tools.

Hello: You may want to look at the I-Shot bags as well. They are not the same quality as the Shooters Connection bag but are just as good as the 5.11 bag. I have all 3 sizes of the I-Shot bags but my next bag will be the one from Chuck. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

From what I have seen the shooter's connection is the bag to go with.

I was trying to get confirmation and in some way justification for the $50 dollar difference between two similar-sized bags.

In these days $50 is approx. ¾ of a case of bullets or ½ of a case of new brass. :wacko::wacko:

Edited by Big Guy

From what I have seen the shooter's connection is the bag to go with.

I was trying to get confirmation and in some way justification for the $50 dollar difference between two similar-sized bags.

In these days $50 is approx. ¾ of a case of bullets or ½ of a case of new brass. :wacko::wacko:

Well if you put it that way.....

Get a 5 gallon bucket to haul the gun stuff and use the $ to buy bullets. :cheers:

The Shooter's Connection bag is terrific. It does everything Chuck says it will, and it'll do it for a really long time.

That said, I now use the i-Shot Big Bags for both pistol and rifle. It's not that they're better, or worse, they're just different in that they wrap around my hip a little more, and after years of lugging Domke camera bags, I prefer that. Add in locking zippers, and I was sold....

The 5 year old SC bag had pretty good resale value though. I sold it to a friend, at a friendship price, and I don't think it cost me more than $1/month for the time I owned it. I wouldn't hesitate to get another if i-Shot up and disappeared.....