Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Show Tomorrow, What To Buy?

bruce282

I've got a Springer Mil-Spec .45 that I plan to shoot in SS next year. When I bought my 550B it came with 45 dies and since I'm waiting on some 9MM bullets I thought I'd reload some .45. I have Titegroup and WST powder on hand.

I'm going to the gun show tomorrow and thought I'd pickup some brass, LPP's, a pound of Solo 1000 and perhaps a pound of Clays. I used swc bullets in my .38 days but am wondering if the Springer would have problems feeding them. I'm think 250 200gr swc and 250 230gr rn.

Is that enough to get me started?

Bruce

which show ?

The Richmond showplace has really declined for powder and primers due to poltical issues, because of the weight issues I havent found gunshows to be good for bulk bullets, I'd mail order a flat rate box of 45 from Precision if there isnt a local caster. Your using gun in SS so wouldnt bother with the SWC's either, just bulk order some 200 to 230 gr and pick a powder most faster pistol powders will work well.

I've got a Springer Mil-Spec .45 that I plan to shoot in SS next year. When I bought my 550B it came with 45 dies and since I'm waiting on some 9MM bullets I thought I'd reload some .45. I have Titegroup and WST powder on hand.

I'm going to the gun show tomorrow and thought I'd pickup some brass, LPP's, a pound of Solo 1000 and perhaps a pound of Clays. I used swc bullets in my .38 days but am wondering if the Springer would have problems feeding them. I'm think 250 200gr swc and 250 230gr rn.

Is that enough to get me started?

Bruce

Bruce,

I have been loading 4.1 grs clays with a 230 gr FMJ.

If you can't find a good deal on brass check the USPSA members classified Kenneth Marx usually has brass available.

Alan