Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I would be inclined to say yes- I have heard others also voice their opinions to that affect as well. So I though we should put it to a vote. I believe that there is a suffiscient need due to the following reasoning:

1. It is a viable tool for practice.

2. Platform is unique enough not to be covered in another gun specific thread.

3. Airsoft is growing in popularity as a sport.

4. Information is scattered across the boards and difficult to find in "search" mode.

5. Would serve the members of the forum well.

Please support your vote with reasoning to make a more informed decision.

Thanks for your time! :cheers:

I would be inclined to say yes- I have heard others also voice their opinions to that affect as well. So I though we should put it to a vote. I believe that there is a suffiscient need due to the following reasoning:

1. It is a viable tool for practice.

2. Platform is unique enough not to be covered in another gun specific thread.

3. Airsoft is growing in popularity as a sport.

4. Information is scattered across the boards and difficult to find in "search" mode.

5. Would serve the members of the forum well.

Please support your vote with reasoning to make a more informed decision.

Thanks for your time! :cheers:

There are many people who use the Airsoft as training... even Manny uses them, so let's geta forum designed for airsoft, so we can keep it off the other boards. We all know the cost of shooting is crazy. Airsoft will becaome a huge tool for training and I wouldn't be suprised to see more and more Airsoft matches popping up. It's a great way to introduce shooting to the younger shooters too. If/When they make mistakes, I would rather have them make them on a less than lethal platform.

I vote yes... by all means get an Airsoft board started.

Is it a valid training tool?

I say YES! As a long time "B" class shooter (20+ years, no snide comments from the peanut gallery necessary, thank you) I decided this year to push the envelope a little.

Thanks to a combination of regular structured dry fire practice (thank you Mr. Anderson) and a small indoor airsoft range set up in the garage, my recent classifier scores have dramatically improved compared to those in the prior decade.

What can I say. If I don't run out of plastic BB's and green gas, I may have that M card for my 80th birthday. This gives me another 25 years to improve.

Bill :lol:

Is it a valid training tool?

I say YES! As a long time "B" class shooter (20+ years, no snide comments from the peanut gallery necessary, thank you) I decided this year to push the envelope a little.

Thanks to a combination of regular structured dry fire practice (thank you Mr. Anderson) and a small indoor airsoft range set up in the garage, my recent classifier scores have dramatically improved compared to those in the prior decade.

What can I say. If I don't run out of plastic BB's and green gas, I may have that M card for my 80th birthday. This gives me another 25 years to improve.

Bill :lol:

I couldn't agree with you more Bill. :) "It is a viable training tool." ;)

An example of airsoft training.

This weekend's match I had one heck of a time on 8" steel plates ranging 16 to 22 yards.

For some practice I sprayed 3-1/4" white circles on cardboard and put them up at a distance of 20'. (Equates to 8" plates at 16 yards or 12" plates at 25 yards.)

Through the afternoon I was able to swing out to the garage for several practice sessions with hopefully positive results.

Driving to the range $0.00

500 or so BB's and gas $2.50

Consistently cleaning my cardboard plate rack in less than 3.5 seconds. ** Priceless. **

Bill :D

They don't make an Airsoft revolver so I don't have alot of interest in them,but I also think they have a place in shooting, just don't know if there is a need for a subforum. But good luck ! :cheers:

Scott

More here... though they are the spring type.

http://www.airsoftsd.com/products.php?cat=86

Edited by JThompson

I thought about picking up some airsoft gear, but haven't decided to really research it until recently. I voted yes - here's why:

-Like Jay and others said - it is a viable practice method (or at least I'd think it would help me)

-BEForums are great for anyone looking for USPSA (and the others) advice

Tying those 2 points together to help myself others use airsoft & talk about gear for practical shooting sports practice would be a great addition to this forum.

For those that don't like airsoft, they don't have to check in on that forum. Just like I have done in the past on other forums. But for those of us that do want it, it'll be there for us...

Maybe I'm off in left field, but I fail to see why it would hurt and only see the benefits.

:huh: Tightloops's avatar fits him well- don't like much of anything it seems.... :D

Thanks Rocket35:

There is much to like about posting on this forum...unfortunately there are some who frequent here that have not learned to use the search function or they would have known that the attributes of airsoft as a permanent thread here were turned down by the forum members earlier...and as for me not liking much of anything; I just don't tolerate fools or stupidity lightly, am not overcome with the desire to be politically correct, and if someone can't handle my answer to a particular question...then perhaps they should have asked a specific forum member instead of leaving it open for anyone to respond.

That about covers it I guess..oh, if you go back and read all of the 150+ pages of Zhunters What If thread, you will find much that I like....give you an opportunity to learn to use the search function. :lol:

All the Best

Mr. Sunshine

Maybe I'm off in left field, but I fail to see why it would hurt and only see the benefits.

:huh: Tightloops's avatar fits him well- don't like much of anything it seems.... :D

Thanks Rocket35:

There is much to like about posting on this forum...unfortunately there are some who frequent here that have not learned to use the search function or they would have known that the attributes of airsoft as a permanent thread here were turned down by the forum members earlier...and as for me not liking much of anything; I just don't tolerate fools or stupidity lightly, am not overcome with the desire to be politically correct, and if someone can't handle my answer to a particular question...then perhaps they should have asked a specific forum member instead of leaving it open for anyone to respond.

That about covers it I guess..oh, if you go back and read all of the 150+ pages of Zhunters What If thread, you will find much that I like....give you an opportunity to learn to use the search function. :lol:

All the Best

Mr. Sunshine

I feel from time to time decisions need to be revisited in the interest of improvement- I feel that times change and we should be flexible enough to change with them. I will take the higher road here and say: name calling and childish keyboard antics aside- I am sure you are a wonderful person, you just seem in need of some attention. Thank you for your silly opinions and have a wonderful day. :P

Edited by Rocket35