Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WST

bulm540

One draw back as per my search in BE is tha tit is temp sensitive. I used this load today in my fat free and it is comaparable to 320. Velocity was pretty consistent. 935, 942, 930, 931, 940, 928.

Gun is fat free 6 in.

OAL 1.170

4.4 Grains WST

172 PF

Temp 70 degrees.

will see when the temp increases.

185 precision balck bullets

Edited by bulm540

You are cheating with a Benny gun, they eat anything reasonable :D

Temps are a big deal with WST, it isn't impossible or even hard to manage, but get an idea of what it does in your gun so you don't get surprised at a match that matters.

My Browning .40 loved WST under cast 155 RNSWC, loaded to 130pf it was dirty but not so much as it caused a problem with the 50-70 rounds at the normal local matches. Tightgroup was just as consitent and much cleaner at major pf so I havent messed with WST . THinking of giving American Select a try,

thanks, I am aware of that, so I am going to do more testing when the temp and humidity goes up.

Hopefully you live in an area where that is going to happen soon but the loads I developed in May for a 45 with 230gr Precisions @179 were 189 in Oct @ 50 degrees. So they are going in storage until next May when the weather warms up again. In the meantime I will be using up some old 231 because I know the pressure follows the temperature.

WST IS AN EXCELLENT POWDER, IT SHOOTS SOFT, IS LOW SMOKE W/LEAD,ACCURATE CAN USE IN 45 AND 40 IF YOUR TRYING STUFF TRY LOADING IT BEHIND 200'S AND 220'S IN 40 FOR THE SOFTEST SHOOTING MAJOR LOAD YOU EVER SHOT 200 PREC AT ABOUT 4.5 AND 220 PRECISION AT ABOUT 4.1 AT 1.185. JACKETS SHOOT JUST AS WELL IT IS TEMP SENS THE HOTTER IT GETS THE SLOWER IT GOES I HAVE HAD TO INCRESE BY ABOUT .50 -.80 WHEN SUMMER GETS TO 85 TO 95 DEGREES OUT.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I've been useing WST from about 1990 and I still use it. I load .32mag , 38/357 , 40S&W , 10mm, 44spl/44mag , 45acp and 45LC --- IMHO, it is a good "across the board" powder. And I like only having ONE powder for all my handguns.

No nO NO!

WST is dirty.. lousy.. garbage!!!!!!!!! DO NOT shoot it!

NOOOOOOooooo!!!

:surprise:

This is my attempt to try to keep my personal favorite powder of choice, locally available, low cost, and easy to find. :cheers:

I don't need all you BE'ers jacking up the price by hoarding it! :devil:

(I love the stuff!)