Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

brass storage setup?

mgcchkn

I purposely buy cat litter that comes in white square buckets with lids. When full they are easier to move and they stack easy.

Neal in AZ

Same here. I've moved from the square 33lbs ones to the rectangular 40lbs one as they fit the depth of my wire racks that I stack them on better. The newer ones are nice because they are translucent too, so you can see brass levels without opening them. I can't wait to get some of those, but I'm all stocked up on kitty litter right now.

Edited by Chris Martin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purposely buy cat litter that comes in white square buckets with lids. When full they are easier to move and they stack easy.

Neal in AZ

Same here. I've moved from the square 33lbs ones to the rectangular 40lbs one as they fit the depth of my wire racks that I stack them on better. The newer ones are nice because they are translucent too, so you can see brass levels without opening them. I can't wait to get some of those, but I'm all stocked up on kitty litter right now.

Yup, Scoop Away square buckets. Tell the wife its for the smell but its

really for my stack-on collection !! ;)

I'm even taking them to matches now for gear!! :surprise:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

• 2 weeks later...

I store unprocessed brass in 5 gal buckets. I use ammo cans for processed brass and store them under my reloading bench. Adds lots of weight to keep the bench from moving when I operate the press.

The longer I shoot and the more component prices go up, the more I start hoarding. I only load for one caliber and I really only shoot one or two matches a month, so I still think of myself as a small time operator, but I've got 32K primers, 13lb's of N320, and about 12 gallons of brass in 5-gallon Home Depot buckets on hand at the moment. Actually, I think those orange Home Depot "5 Gallon" buckets may actually be 6.5 gallons so I may have more than that. I'm down to my last couple thousand bullets though so I've got to get some more in quick because I'm starting to become nervous.

I use 5-gallon buckets with lids for long-term storage (which blows my mind.. how can a bucket+lid cost $6 but one full of some kind of roofing/flooring/whatever material only cost $11-12?).

For short-term storage while sorting I use 1 gallon tall plastic containers from Dollar General that have a flip-top lid. Makes it easy to get into/out of them without worrying about them spilling.

• 2 months later...

I use 55 gallon drums and shoot some holes in the bottom for water drainage.

Unhook the gutter downspout and direct it into the drum, that will rinse them, then, if you live in the mountains like I do, squeeze half a bottle of Dawn blue dish detergent on top of them. The snow comes and then covers it till spring. In the spring the snow melts and the detergent cleans them. Works great!

I use 55 gallon drums and shoot some holes in the bottom for water drainage.

Unhook the gutter downspout and direct it into the drum, that will rinse them, then, if you live in the mountains like I do, squeeze half a bottle of Dawn blue dish detergent on top of them. The snow comes and then covers it till spring. In the spring the snow melts and the detergent cleans them. Works great!

Besides a forklift.. how does one move a 55 gallon drum full of brass?

:surprise:

• 3 months later...

Duplicate so it’s easy to find all the info.

here is a few more

CASES per POUND:

.380: 145

.357 Sig: 96

.45 GAP: 86

.32: 168

10mm: 96

FN 5.7: 124

.25 acp: 260

.30 Luger: 120

.38 S&W: 120

.38 Super: 104