Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6th Annual Western States Single Stack Championship

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we be able to register early on Friday when we go to check out the stages early? Or is the registration on Saturday AM?

Last year we went to the range Friday afternoon and registered and then checked out the stages. I am not sure how early they will be there but the staff should be shooting so I imagine it will be most of the day. I don't recall it being very dark at the start on Saturday or Sunday or the finish on Saturday. If there are 11 stages, only 4 will have lights available so that doesn't work anyhow. I don't recall any lights being used though.

Have a good match,

Chuck

I talked to Steve a bit at Tue night steel match and he said that there will be a Shooters meeting at 7am shooting starts after that.

Range is open with ROs and staff shooting on friday but you must stay off the stages if they are shooting.

There wont be any stage descriptions or stages posted.

Looks to be another great WSSS match

Brian

Weather is expected to be in the sunny 60's this weekend. No single stack anymore so maybe I'll just come out and tape.

I know where all the white and black rolls are. :) Looks to be yet another fun one.

Jim M

Weather is expected to be in the sunny 60's this weekend. No single stack anymore so maybe I'll just come out and tape.

I know where all the white and black rolls are. :) Looks to be yet another fun one.

Jim M

Jim

I am bringing a spare gun, you are welcome to shoot it!!! All you need are mags and a holster.

Let me know.

Jay

The match isn't exciting as it was a month ago, when I thought I earned a spot at the single stack nationals, but i'm sure i'll have fun once the shooting starts. Something that bothers me and it could just be me, but people walking the stage while other squads are shooting, theres plenty of time during the walk through to get your game plan down, why do people think they need to do this?

Jim M

Jim

I am bringing a spare gun, you are welcome to shoot it!!! All you need are mags and a holster.

Let me know.

Jay

Very cool of you Jay. Thanks! Can't put two days together this weekend to shoot it anyhow. But really appreciate the offer. Have a great flight. From gators to rattlers here you come.

Jim M

My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 7:03, can't wait.

Let's see:

Guns packed X

Ammo Packed X

Glasses Packed X

Hearing Protection Packed X

Toothbrush Packed X

Underwear Packed X

OK, I am ready :goof:

No other clothes packed? Uh, so do you have three belt loops on your underwear to secure your belt? Or will you be wearing the tacti-thong shooting attire?

:goof:

My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 7:03, can't wait.

Let's see:

Guns packed X

Ammo Packed X

Glasses Packed X

Hearing Protection Packed X

Toothbrush Packed X

Underwear Packed X

OK, I am ready :goof:

No other clothes packed? Uh, so do you have three belt loops on your underwear to secure your belt? Or will you be wearing the tacti-thong shooting attire?

:goof:

If it is not on the list, it can be purchased there!!!! :D

The match isn't exciting as it was a month ago, when I thought I earned a spot at the single stack nationals, but i'm sure i'll have fun once the shooting starts. Something that bothers me and it could just be me, but people walking the stage while other squads are shooting, theres plenty of time during the walk through to get your game plan down, why do people think they need to do this?

As I understand it, nobody will be allowed to walk a stage if there is a squad shooting it. If the stage is empty on Friday, you can walk through it all you want. On Sat/Sun you would need permission from the RO of that stage. R,

I viewed the stages today..........and yes I stayed off the bay if it was being shot. It's a pretty good mix of stages. There didn't seem to be anything incredibly hard. We get to shoot the Bianchi mover in this match though, which I can't wait to do. There's a few stages that have a lot of steel. A lot of the stages are pretty straightforward and there's only a few really tight shots. All in all it looks like another very fun Western States.

Last year they had a stage with 3 plate racks where you shot one at ~20 yards FS, 1 SHO and 1 WHO. Do they have something like that this year? Good luck everyone!

Later,

Chuc

Unfortunately I remember that stage. There is a lot of steel but not one just like that. There is a stage that has 2 Texas Stars and 2-3 more poppers though.

Last year they had a stage with 3 plate racks where you shot one at ~20 yards FS, 1 SHO and 1 WHO. Do they have something like that this year? Good luck everyone!

Later,

Chuc

As i recall that stage was shot all under the clock. this year stage 12 is shot 3 strings Virginia count from surrender on a six target array (three double stack targets abreast). 20yds FS;15yds SHO; 10 yds WHO.

---John

Later,

Chuc

Unfortunately I remember that stage. There is a lot of steel but not one just like that. There is a stage that has 2 Texas Stars and 2-3 more poppers though.

Do you get to use mags from your belt on that one? Last year we didn't!

Edited by ChuckS

There were a few people got dinged for equipment failures. Not sure the specifics, but some safariland holsters are not making the cut when it comes to singlestack rules.

As for the stages, very fun, challenging, but could have lived without the revo standards.

Saw some old friends and made new ones, great match so far.