Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 USPSA Multi-gun Nationals - Post Match Reports

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Squad ten; with 6 overall winners: Limited, Lady, B , C, Senior, and Junior turned out to be the Super Squad...thanks for your patience with me. I now know my range commands and RIGHTS!!! Godspeed. One additional thought, GAPEACH wanted to THREE GUN (the verb) with everyone, but she was working late setting up a record breaking GSSF match and tumbled off the top of the stairs of our storage trailer. She was hurt and might appreciate a few get wells'.

Edited by 11.43mm

Good range

Good stages

Good staff

Good ROs

Good times

But I am still steamed about the stats problems.

100% of the fault lays on my shoulders for not checking up on them after being told that the problem was corrected, but 9 of my 12 stages are wrong in EZWinScore. Crap!

post-553-1191815293.png

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

Well, Squad ten; with 6 overall winners: Limited, Lady, B , C, Senior, and Junior turned out to be the Super Squad...thanks for your patience with me. I now know my range commands and RIGHTS!!! Godspeed. One additional thought, GAPEACH wanted to THREE GUN (the verb) with everyone, but she was working late setting up a record breaking GSSF match and tumbled off the top of the stairs of our storage trailer. She was hurt and might appreciate a few get wells'.

Hey Danny...I did not win Lady...I took 1st in C class open. Thanks Tim Ubl.

But you are 100% correct...we had a Super Squad...you guys are great, Jim and I had a terrific time.

Danny, you are an awesome dude! You kept your cool and handled yourself very well.

And, you stayed with the squad and helped us to the very end.

You da man!

I don't know GAPEACH but GET WELL SOON!

I feel your pain...I know something about falling. :)

~Nanci~

Thanks LadyinBlue!!! I learned soooo much, as we discussed, my resolve was bolstered by some excellent training and phone support from my home range friends Mark and Larry; and a huge respect for the pressures on everyone to maintain safety. I can travel freely across state lines with guns/ammo and play with them because of our brave military, law enforcement and the slapleather pioneers of action shooting. Hell, this forum alone with all the BE'ers preserved some sanity. Keep in the berm!!! +1 on the SUPER squad, I believe any of 'em would have given the shirt off their backs; and did, helping to make it a great match for my Heavy Metal buddy and his girlfriend.

Hey Danny...I did not win Lady...I took 1st in C class open. Thanks Tim Ubl.

But you are 100% correct...we had a Super Squad...you guys are great, Jim and I had a terrific time.

Danny, you are an awesome dude! You kept your cool and handled yourself very well.

And, you stayed with the squad and helped us to the very end.

You da man!

I don't know GAPEACH but GET WELL SOON!

I feel your pain...I know something about falling. :)

~Nanci~

I'll pass it on. Actually, she couldn't have shot the 3-gun anyway. She was in Long Island running a GSSF match this past weekend. She's pretty much better; I'll be interested to see how much her black eye has cleared up when she gets here today.

But I am still steamed about the stats problems.

100% of the fault lays on my shoulders for not checking up on them after being told that the problem was corrected, but 9 of my 12 stages are wrong in EZWinScore. F*ck!

Okay, what happened in the scoring?

Great match and was fortunate to be squadded with some truly first-class guys (Squad 7 - the Little Squad). Most of us were active, former, or retired military and had a good time telling lies and swapping war stories.

Nice to meet GentlemanJim and LadyinBlue.

Crashed and burned on the long range rifle stage - took 3 full minutes and still zeroed it.

My buddy and I took off Sunday morning after shooting the last stage - guessing many others did as well. How many guys stayed for the awards ceremony / prize table?

My buddy and I took off Sunday morning after shooting the last stage - guessing many others did as well. How many guys stayed for the awards ceremony / prize table?

When we did the scores, the lunch tent was rearranged with just rows of chairs and it was packed with standing room only.

Seems like most of the competitors stayed for the awards and prize table.

We were able to start the awards about a half hour early than originally planned which is a good thing because shortly after it started raining again.

i think every body was in the super squad.squad 6 had the best bunch of people in it that i have ever shot with. i got to meet alot of people that i have only talked too on b.enous. the range was grate,staff and ro's were grate. we left right after the last stage [ kinda wish i had stayed for the awards] it was 12 to 13 hour drive home. congratulations to all the winners.

roger cash

Had 1 good stage (long range) the rest was ho-hum or worse. Lot of left over limited nats stages, to close for pistol much less rifle. Lots of low ports and hoser stages. Not my kind of 3 gun but it was what it was. Great RO's and the stages ran on time except for the long range which had 300+ yd. paper (will they never learn). Facility is nice but the parking sucks and they need to set up a shuttle system to the stages, packing 3 guns and equipment upto 3/4 of a mile is insane.

i think every body was in the super squad.squad 6 had the best bunch of people in it that i have ever shot with. i got to meet alot of people that i have only talked too on b.enous. the range was grate,staff and ro's were grate. we left right after the last stage [ kinda wish i had stayed for the awards] it was 12 to 13 hour drive home. congratulations to all the winners.

roger cash

sorry about the spelling---can't shoot either :wacko:

Roger,

It was great shooting with you and the other guys from AL as well as everywhere else. I also want to say Thanks to the RO's and staff for their hard work putting on the match.

I still want to get down to Anniston to shoot with you guys but work may get in the way of making it down for your Nov. shoot.

Take Care,

Jeff

Made the trip down from MN and found the match to be much better than I expected. The stages were set up in such a way that I found myself making them much more difficult than they should have been. A great learning experience. The staff and RO's were great and the prize table was very good also, it looked like every shooter was able to take home a nice prize. The sponsors really came through. The range itself was awesome. I can't wait to see it when it is completed.

My favorite stage was the long range rifle. I really liked the idea of paper at 300 yrds. Granted, it took a little longer to score but it forced you to have confidence in calling your shot, rather than firing rounds down range until you see the flash target move. I love the long range steel flashers but the paper was a nice change of pace.

More parking would have been nice but I am sure this is in the works.

Payne

I would have expected to see a lot more in this thread by now, after all it was "THE USPSA MULTI-GUN NATIONALS". Why the silence? Where is the " That was the coolest stage ever" or this was the best USPSA Nationals ever, or the "man you guy,s missed a good one"?. Am I missing another thread? What,s up with the parking? was this the USPSA MULTI-GUN, TROOPER class NATIONALS? Come on now where is the love??

I would like to thank The USSA staff for suppling me a golf cart and driver :wub: for the ride back to my truck after the end of shooting. I even bought a cup of coffee from the driver to wash down the first of many Ibuprofin thanks Erik! ( you can't shoot two shots at the speed of pain...only one!) I would like to thank Phil Strader and crew and ALL the R.O.s for their work to put it on. I think after they have BTDT they won't DTA! :D KURTM

The good...the bad and the ugly :closedeyes:

Our squad.....the coolest folks one could ever hope to shoot with.

Craig Ty Mark and Doc provided endless entertainment, Benny showed us how its done.

The rest of the ground troops did wind sprints and raced to see who could tape the most targets :lol:

I learned that the BIG guy always wins :goof: and that if you spray lots of paint on the top of a popper....the next guy to set it gets white fingers :lol:

Pasters CAN be used as pasties...and firemen like to sleep very close together :rolleyes:

Benny,Ty,Doc,Scott,Mike,Jared,Mark,Craig,Chad,Daniel,Danny,Terrance...Thanks for the great match!!!!!

Nanci and I had more fun at this match than any I can remember.

The bad,

Humidity sucks...moss was growing on us it was so wet.

Shotguns are a weak link...mine took me out of the race early..and Ty would have done much better too.

You cant shoot through a car and still hit your target..

The ugly

No disrespect to the people that put on this match......BUT

I was told that All the stages but two ...were left over and still set up from the previous national event.

This gave quite a few people who had shot this match just prior to the multigun....a VERY VERY VERY UNFAIR advantage!!!!!!

This had no real impact on me personaly but it did impact many in a big way!

And has a very negative impact on the integraty of a national event.

Jim

Jim

Gent"A"manJim/Nancy Thank you guys for taking such good care of me at the awards assembly! THANK YOU! I tried to see you before I fell into the truck for the ride to the Oxycontin castle! See you both down the shooting trail! You both are Grand Masters of good will! Thanks! KURT

Got home about 1530 today. Had a great time on squad 11. You guys are great. Wish there was 12 more stages to shoot but we all have to go home sometime. I'll be back next year hope to shoot with you guys again. I think Mel was my favorite. Hope to see him at KY State Multigun next year. AP3, see you again soon. We have alot of matches next year.

Oh yeah, favorite stage was Swing Low. Something about swinging targets and a rifle. Fun hoser stage.

Ditto to the RO's and Staff. Great job and thanks.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

While waiting to shoot my last stage on Saturday......I saw two very bad things happen to the squad in front of us.

One poor guy got DQ'd when he reached back to draw his shotgun speedloader tube and knocked his loaded, open gun to the ground. Oh, did we feel for him, but he took it like a great sport and marched on.

After this everyone's nerves were a little on edge....then, when the next shooter finished the stage and was given the "if finished, unload and show clear" command....he reached over the top of the slide on his SV .40 and pulled it back - at which time the round in the chamber went off and sent a HUGE chunck of brass in to the guys left hand. They eventually took him to the hospital for treatment.

:blink: NOTE: I apologize for not knowing this shooters name, but he came back Sunday and finished the stages that he missed.....including the Long Range rifle and the 32 round pistol stage......all shot with only one hand. Now that's hard core !!!! By the way.....I did see him going to the prize table before I did !!! HA

After this everyone's nerves were a little on edge....then, when the next shooter finished the stage and was given the "if finished, unload and show clear" command....he reached over the top of the slide on his SV .40 and pulled it back - at which time the round in the chamber went off and sent a HUGE chunck of brass in to the guys left hand. They eventually took him to the hospital for treatment.

:blink: NOTE: I apologize for not knowing this shooters name, but he came back Sunday and finished the stages that he missed.....including the Long Range rifle and the 32 round pistol stage......all shot with only one hand. Now that's hard core !!!! By the way.....I did see him going to the prize table before I did !!! HA

That was Rick Punu, a very tough man from Arizona.

I'm sure you had wonderful squads!

But...Squad 4 was the best. Great people, hard workers, and we laughed! :rolleyes: (At each other, but...you know!)

We shot Stage 11 in just less than an hour. :cheers:

It was great shooting with Jim and Janet for our first time. It was nice to meet Josh (he's going to be so awesome!) and Craig. We always love shooting with Cheryl and Rod. Glenn, Darrell and other Rod were great! By the way...Rod M won closest to not making major at 165.0. Where is his prize?

Darrell and Mary recorded us and will get us video! Craig did, too! We got the most video coverage of any squad! Where was ESPN?

Anyway, thanks! We had fun with you all!

Hope to see many of you at Ft. Benning!

Thanks to the RO's and staff for all their hard work. If you do it there next year, we'd like a de-humidifier on every stage. We're from Colorado and New Mexico and other dry places. We need a little less moisture! Thank-you!

Thanks again!

SQUAD 4 WAS THE BEST! THEY WERE BETTER THAN THE REST! :cheers: (That was supposed to be a cheer, but I just grades 230 papers and I'm a little bit tuckered!)