Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sr was the best I ever saw... Davey might have given him a run had he lived. Also Tim Richmond had amazing skills. I'm not a Gordon fan, but had he and Ray stayed together they'd have 10 by now.

The King will always be the King, but I don't think he is the best ever.

Well saying Petty could not beat Jr or Gordon is like saying Garlits or Prudhomme could not beat John Force today...we'll never know..

Since I am locked in the olden times, I don't care if Tiger Woods wins 200 tournaments, he will never be the King, Arnie will, and Jr Earnhardt will always be a footnote against Petty for me..just like I love Montana, but Unitas will always be the Man for me...and Clemens is great but Kofax gets the nod...Bonds for some, but Mantle for me....and as much as I love TGO, Ross Seyfried will always be my fav....just personal preference..

Indeed. It would be a boring world if everyone's likes and/or dislikes were the same.

Best

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jr. lost a alot of fans when he went to Rainbow's team.....

TONY STEWART RULES!!

Jr will lose no fans my friend . He is adorn by a huge eliment in NASCAR and he is a likable person. Personally I do not believe he is or will drive at the level of his father or Jimmy Johnson , Tony Steward or Jeff Gordon. When he gets in the Hendricks Car it will be put up or shut up time. I am not a big JR fan but I understand why people like him...I am from Indiana and a sprint car fan...I watched Gordon race when nobody knew he was ...used to talk to him in the pits at IRP...Watch Tony race when he was a nobody too...but he was not fan friendly in the pits after the race...they both are great talents

The jury is still out on jr next year will be the big indicator

Jr. has lost fans, case in point, chicagoland this year, my extended family all Jr. Fans are jumping ship and the sentiments were echoed in the seats from other Jr. fans for the three days I sat and tailgated their. You have no idea how much Gordon/Johnson is hated from the Jr. camp.

TONY STEWART RULES!!

Jr will lose no fans my friend . He is adorn by a huge eliment in NASCAR and he is a likable person. Personally I do not believe he is or will drive at the level of his father or Jimmy Johnson , Tony Steward or Jeff Gordon. When he gets in the Hendricks Car it will be put up or shut up time. I am not a big JR fan but I understand why people like him...I am from Indiana and a sprint car fan...I watched Gordon race when nobody knew he was ...used to talk to him in the pits at IRP...Watch Tony race when he was a nobody too...but he was not fan friendly in the pits after the race...they both are great talents

Jr. has lost fans, case in point, chicagoland this year, my extended family all Jr. Fans are jumping ship and the sentiments were echoed in the seats from other Jr. fans for the three days I sat and tailgated their. You have no idea how much Gordon/Johnson is hated from the Jr. camp.

Hey guess what he gets new ones in the/ from the Hendricks camp...really do you think he will not be the most popular driver still ? Regardless of your family???? How big is your family?LOL Gordon hate from Earnhart fans is ignorant. Big E and jeff were friends and business partners. Little E will still sell the most NASCAR junk and be the most popular driver in NASCAR...

TONY STEWART RULES!!

Hey guess what he gets new ones in the/ from the Hendricks camp...really do you think he will not be the most popular driver still ? Regardless of your family???? How big is your family?LOL Gordon hate from Earnhart fans is ignorant. Big E and jeff were friends and business partners. Little E will still sell the most NASCAR junk and be the most popular driver in NASCAR...

Junior could drive a Volkswagon for Michael Waltrip Racing(?)and would still be the most popular driver :D .

TONY STEWART RULES!!

I did not say he will not be the most popular driver, just that he lost alot of fans. Regardless of your opinion, the hate/dislike exists. The future it is not here, so the next time your at a NASCAR Race live (yeah right) look around and see how many people are wearing the day glo mountain dew hats :lol:

You don't like DayGlo green? even worse you don't like Mountain Dew? :lol::lol:

Beyond all that, I enjoy Nascar. The technical stuff is cool and the drivers do really drive at the ragged edge. In every race you see them sideways at 180mph plus. Now that'll increase the pucker factor! Yes a few fans are married to their cousins, and Budweiser rules, but hell you can't control 100k + people every week. Remember that's a Super Bowl every week, and we see a lot of half dressed painted people in subzero weather during football season.

I also enjoy F-1, NHRA, Indy and most motorsports.

Now you're seeing Indy drivers crossing over and they're not having a easy go of it, so obviously it requires a certain level of skill to drive these cars........

Anyway, Junior is an excellent driver, with a bright future......

Good God..... Everyone go back inside your trailer house, admire your new King Richard tatto next to the big red MOM with the arrow through the heart, and sit down in your underwear with a cold Bud.....

My driver can whip your driver.....Gag..... :P

Good God..... Everyone go back inside your trailer house, admire your new King Richard tatto next to the big red MOM with the arrow through the heart, and sit down in your underwear with a cold Bud.....

Modular home...............and the race will be starting shortly :cheers:

You mean we have to get dressed to watch the race???

You mean we have to get dressed to watch the race???

No but please God tell us you did............ :surprise:

Its not about driver vs driver per se, it is fan loyalty to their specific driver..NASCAR races are about 150k people all getting along for about 3 days in hot weather. The only time I saw someone get upset is when some guys got vocal towards Gordon in the pit pass area about cheatiing, and his fans rushed to his defense.

The notion that NASCAR fans are hillbilly rednecks is just not cogent rhetoric.

Most of the fans aren't smart enough to figure out that it is all about the money. Jr. would be driving a VW bug for Billy Bob's Uncle Dad's day greeting card company if they paid him enough money, same goes for Gordon, Stewart etc. Of course the engine probably would actually make it the full 500 miles!!!!

150K race fans getting along for 3 days. I guess you don't get out to the track much. I've worked a few races(got the scars to prove it) I see more drunken Aholes fighting and doing things most farm animals wouldn't do. I don't care what sport you design large quanities of alcohol and you have problems. Sorry for your boys blown engine yesterday and boy I guess there are some sad hillbilly's this morning since Gordon and Johnson smoked Stewart. In Stewarts defense he did hit Gordon in the butt er rear ohh you know what I mean.

Most of the fans aren't smart enough to figure out that it is all about the money. Jr. would be driving a VW bug for Billy Bob's Uncle Dad's day greeting card company if they paid him enough money, same goes for Gordon, Stewart etc. Of course the engine probably would actually make it the full 500 miles!!!!

150K race fans getting along for 3 days. I guess you don't get out to the track much. I've worked a few races(got the scars to prove it) I see more drunken Aholes fighting and doing things most farm animals wouldn't do. I don't care what sport you design large quanities of alcohol and you have problems. Sorry for your boys blown engine yesterday and boy I guess there are some sad hillbilly's this morning since Gordon and Johnson smoked Stewart. In Stewarts defense he did hit Gordon in the butt er rear ohh you know what I mean.

Plus 1 Chris....Did you know Theresa Has conspired against Jr giving him bad engines since he announced leaving DEI so he could not make the chase and finish or win anymore races? Wow I have to go...Black helicopters are circling my trailer...must be looking for the stil.

Been a season ticket holder at Michigan for 15 years and Chicagoland for two before I dumped that clip joint. Been around racing for along time. I see it like you its the $ Jr will not lose anything by switching....not even fans. Damn lots of Tatoos will need to be altered!!!! :blink:

Do I detect that Merlin is not a NASCAR fan? and as for having to get dressed to watch racing...well even being nude watching it at home beats sitting beside a 325lb redneck who hasn't showered in 4.5 days in 97degree heat and listening to him belch and fart for the entire race...LOL

Nipple,

Don't know about a conspiracy but 6 blown engines in a season?? I think they need to fire the builder and hire Jimbob from the local garage.....the guy that has the 1972 tow truck with 4 million miles on it :D

Well at least the tats only have to add another eight.....of course some smart hillbilly will end up with a 16 tattoo sould take a couple seasons before they figure that one out.

Jr.'s a good driver. Definitely one of the top drivers today. He's got a lot to live up to and that's probably not too fair for anyone to have to bear. Heck, he's already proven to be a better drive than Kyle Petty, who had as much if not more to deal with.

The switch from DEI to Hendricks will probably be a good move. Fresh start and a great camp to compete with. I don't like Gordon much either (raced against him growing up at Sears Point) but between him and Johnson, they will hopefully get Jr. back on track.

Rich

• 8 months later...

Definitely a win is a win. I'm happy for him, if only for getting the monkey off of his back. Now let's hope he can get to where he was pre-crash/burning to death (I think this was a turning point in his career). Too, it's nice to have a win and do as well as he's doing in the points to rub it in DEI's face.

Rich

I think the Jr. you see today has matured a lot over the Jr. of just a couple of years ago. He takes things in stride a little better and doesn't seem to blow up like he used to do.

It's funny how age will do that to you, isn't it? :surprise:

One thing you have to give him. He is exciting to watch and has a fan base that is just absolutely HUGE.

dj

I think the Jr. you see today has matured a lot over the Jr. of just a couple of years ago. He takes things in stride a little better and doesn't seem to blow up like he used to do.

It's funny how age will do that to you, isn't it? :surprise:

One thing you have to give him. He is exciting to watch and has a fan base that is just absolutely HUGE.

dj

He has that fan base because of his daddy. Many, myself included, became jr fans when his dad was killed. I think he's a good driver, but not even in the same zip code with his old man. That being said, who is? I hate to say it, but maybe Busch. He has the fire Earnhardt had and he can drive a race car on the edge just like Sr could. A lot of people whine about him wrecking people, but how many remember all the cars Dale took out? It was a bunch... he used to wreck people out of spite back in the day. Ask DW. Later in his career he learned how to move them without wrecking them. I think the kid will get there in time too. Don't get me wrong... he's not on my Christmas card list, but I know talent when I see it. I guess I'm just to much of an old dog to like him. I felt the same about Gordon when he came up. He's still not my fav, but I've come to respect his driving ability. The lack whining he does these days doesn't hurt either... man he was a crying little bitch when he came up.

Anyway...

JT