Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Summer Blast

10 stages, 4.5 hours.

Who says you can be done a major match by noon???

:bow:

Rockin' match, worth the 11 hour drive to shoot it and then meet some other BE'ers...

Shotgun side tomorrow.. then the drive to Harvard for a monthly match to make it a perfect weekend.

:cheers:

Can't wait until next year.

Vids posted here... vids on google

Edited by maineshootah

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, I goofed up. Brought the 'slave' computer back to the hotel, so I will only be posting updates to stages 6 through 10 tonight. As soon as I can break free from the range in the AM, hopefully by 10 am or so, I will return to the hotel to update all the Friday scores. I am sorry about the delay.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statisticain

Edited by LChico

There is a plus side to being a detail obsessed creature of habit. . . and that word would be "backup." :D

As I was getting ready to shut down my computer, I was doing my usual backup routine & I realized that I had saved some match information to USB drives. After checking a few (yeah, I have too many), I found stages 1 through 5! For all the scores shot in the match so far.

They are now posted on the Summer Blast website. Still don't have the password to upload to USPSA, but I'm working on it.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

Edited by LChico

My first "blast", and what a great match. Thanks to all the folks who expended so much energy to make this a true blaster match.

Awesome squad to shoot with, great fellowship. Ya'll miss out if you don't shoot this one.

Thanks Linda, Larry and the Summer Blast staff for your hard work and efforts. Our squad was a little short of people and the help you extended our squad was much appreciated. A great match as always, the most enjoyable of the year yet. H!

I can't thank all the RO's and everyone that worked the match enough. It was hot, yet everyone did an outstanding job. Larry, your son has a place in the sales industry, he nearly made me go broke at the Red Dot table. I had a "Blast" and look forward to next year. With my first two major matches under my belt this year, I have a better idea where I need to go in my training. Thanks again for all the hard work, great match.

Edited by JTew

6 Shooters Dqd on Saturday on stage 10? My info in Info is 3rd hand but I shot the match Friday and have a hard time figuring out the reason for this on Saturday. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I had a bad day shooting Friday, I feel like it was a lack or pressure on myself in the weeks leading up to the match, my own doing entirely. I would have liked more longer stages in the match even if that meant fewer stages.

All that said, thanks to Larry and Linda and all who gave their time to make this match happen. At the beginning of the year I did not plan to shoot this match but I did based on reputation alone and I am glad I did.

6 Shooters Dqd on Saturday on stage 10? My info in Info is 3rd hand but I shot the match Friday and have a hard time figuring out the reason for this on Saturday. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I had a bad day shooting Friday, I feel like it was a lack or pressure on myself in the weeks leading up to the match, my own doing entirely. I would have liked more longer stages in the match even if that meant fewer stages.

All that said, thanks to Larry and Linda and all who gave their time to make this match happen. At the beginning of the year I did not plan to shoot this match but I did based on reputation alone and I am glad I did.

They did not all DQ on stage 10. This is a quirk in EZWinScore. If a shooter shot a stage (had a score at one point) and then DQ's, his/her stage score will change to DQ for that stage. His/hername will not appear at all on any stages not shot (the ones he/she never got to, because you stop when you DQ).

The fact that all those names appear on 10 & not most other stages, just means that most of them shot stage 10 before they DQ'd.

Hope that helps.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Hey Linda...I see you are on. How about some final results (not just stages) for those that have shot so far? I know it's not "official", but I could see how my buddies did that have shot so far.

:) ?

Okay -- A BE Forum exclusive -- Results right now.

Very unofficial & we still have 68 shooters tomorrow, before anyone starts to celebrate or cry in thier beer too early ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

End_Sat_Blast.txt

They did not all DQ on stage 10. This is a quirk in EZWinScore. If a shooter shot a stage (had a score at one point) and then DQ's, his/her stage score will change to DQ for that stage. His/hername will not appear at all on any stages not shot (the ones he/she never got to, because you stop when you DQ).

The fact that all those names appear on 10 & not most other stages, just means that most of them shot stage 10 before they DQ'd.

Hope that helps.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Just a quick note - there were 10 total DQ's so far. . . For nearly 300 shooters over 10 stages. We have had the usual 180 (or 90 degree) violations, dropped loaded guns, rounds going off at reload, movement with finger in the trigger, -- well, you get the idea. I certainly wish there had been none, but I think it was a reasonably smooth running match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I'll let someone else who was there tell the story better than I but I understand that one of the DQ's Friday a.m. was on stage 5 for someone doing a 'spinning juggling act' with their gun. Definitely one to go into the Summer Blast annals along with the incident involving latex livestock. :ph34r:

Linda this was my first Summer Blast. I heard it was a great match and you folks really lived up to the hype. Thanks go out to all who helped put it together and make it work so well. As always, I'm not very excited about my own performance. I could have done so much better on a lot of the stages but I had a great time with my squad and I guess that is why I love doing this so much. Unless something happens, I will be back next year.

I'll let someone else who was there tell the story better than I but I understand that one of the DQ's Friday a.m. was on stage 5 for someone doing a 'spinning juggling act' with their gun. Definitely one to go into the Summer Blast annals along with the incident involving latex livestock. :ph34r:

I shot Friday morning, I'm glad I missed that one!

Thanks for the Clarification Linda, it seems my info must have been in error.

One more time, thanks to everyone who worked to put this match on!

True testimonial, arrived late (those who know me - I am trying to improve my eta, but didnt do it here), my shooting, eh, but generally safe - AND ITS STILL, BY FAR, MY FAVORITE MATCH OF THE YEAR !!

Thanks Larry, Linda, Howard and the entire team - it was great !!!!

Jon

What a great match!!! I guess I have to quit talking trash about L. Houck- he put together one heck of a match!!! Many thanks to all the staff members who worked this match. Without you all it wouldnt happen!

I was on a great squad (Yes Ed that inlcudes you too)!!

Get E'm Good and I'll be back next year!

Jayson Smith

What a great match!!! I guess I have to quit talking trash about L. Houck- he put together one heck of a match!!! Many thanks to all the staff members who worked this match. Without you all it wouldnt happen!

Jayson Smith

My good friend Jayson...

We received many compliments on the "couples" squad yesterday. Between Elaine and Dan, Laura and Jose, Tracy and I, everyone and I do mean everyone thought you and John were the cutest couple.

Love was in the air...

Jayson Smith

My good friend Jayson...

We received many compliments on the "couples" squad yesterday. Between Elaine and Dan, Laura and Jose, Tracy and I, everyone and I do mean everyone thought you and John were the cutest couple.

Love was in the air...

Damn, that's just all kinds of wrong! :roflol:

Thanks to everyone involved in putting on such a great match. The stages were fun and the shooting format was smooth and fast. I was impressed with the range and really liked shooting in the shade most of the day! Squad 32 was one of the best groups of shooters I've shot with. I definately plan on shooting this match next year. :cheers:

EG

Results are now posted on the USPSA website (many thanks to Rob Boudrie who created an upload password for me in response to my phonecall).

They will also be on the match website later tonight. I love you all, but right now I need a nap :P

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Note the message posted with the results on the USPSA website & on the match website:

I always check USPSA membership status & current classifications before any major match. I do the 'last minute' check the morning that the match starts (In this case, Thursday July 10 at 8:00 AM as I was leaving the hotel to go to the range). When I arrived back at the hotel after 7:00 PM on Friday, I discovered that USPSA had updated the classifications on the website and a new classification file update was available for the match scoring program.

This means that you may look up the "top B" shooter in a division, and discover that he is now an A class shooter. There are also 'unclassified' shooters who now have classifications posted on the USPSA website. If the update had occurred Wednesday, I would have made all the changes.

Summer Blast is a multi-day match that started before the updates were available. I checked with USPSA and I cannot update while the match is in progress. The match results will be based on the classifications in effect at the time that the first shot was fired in the match Thursday at 1:00 PM.

Linda Chico (L-2035)