Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP

I hope its nice also. I wont mind a few rain showers as long as its not the all day long Torrential Downpour. Stage 12 would be a bit easier if it was overcast to start.

Anything is better than shooting in the cold and snow.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't believe the weather liars in Texas. It changes so fast they just guess....

This is kind of one of those no shit stories. Last Saturday the pictograph weather square in the paper actually said snow/sun/rain......if I suck that bad at my job that it becomes a wild as guess, somebody's bad day gets a hell of a lot worse :rolleyes:

The past couple of years, there's a vendor area, and its basically match sponsors in the area. ;) Robert might be able to provide a list of vendors who've reserved tables - I can't remember off the top of my head who's been out there in the past, exactly, but I think last year saw tables from STI, Bladetech, and SV, amongst others. I'd expect there will be some vendors again this year, of course ;)

Vendors are Not coming to matches Like they Used to at any match Talked to Tom D. a Couple of times. STI - SVI Should Have Tables. Photomotion and Bulletworks will be there also. thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

On the international front, IceDragon has arrived from UK and we're busy showing him all that Austin has to offer and are loading ammo and getting gear ready in anticipation to the match next weekend. I'm not sure if there's anyone who has travelled further to attend this match but he's definitely in the contention. Is there an award for that? London is a looooong ways away. We'll be up there on Thursday night (after touring Dallas on the way up) to film the shooters on Friday. See y'all in North Texas!

-Chet

Rumor has it that Ice Dragon and DJPolo are on the hunt for clues that will once and for all settle the JFK assassination debate ;) I keep telling them it was Colonel Mustard in the Library with the pipe wrench, but.... :o:lol:

Edited by XRe

That reminds me of a story, Dave.....

Our shooting club was featured on one of the local channels a year or two ago as a "Texas Adventure" or something like that.

The cameraman bent down and picked up a handful of old, nasty and almost rusty .223 brass and put it in his pocket.

One of the guys asked him what the heck he was doing, and if he reloaded, there was good brass over here...

His response: "oh, I like to pick up old nasty brass whenever I can so when I go down to the grassy knoll for work I just sprinkle it around."

:surprise: That was just classic!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

How spread out is the range? Wondering if I need to bring each our carts? or just one for us two....

Does this help??

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe...sa=N&tab=wl

Nope.......I just see a green pointer......I have direction to the range....all I need is how big and spread out the bays are/parking lot/ect?

You need to switch to the satellite view. Sorry.

Parking can be tight but I think Robert has alleviated some of that situation. As for a cart, you may not need one. There isn't much space between bays and they face each other. There is a long string of tables down the middle aisle dividing the bays. So essentially you put your gear down on a table and it stays there for at least two stages. The longest walk you'll have is from your car to the first stage. I think Robert has a diagram on the double tap page somewhere.

How spread out is the range? Wondering if I need to bring each our carts? or just one for us two....

Does this help??

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe...sa=N&tab=wl

Nope.......I just see a green pointer......I have direction to the range....all I need is how big and spread out the bays are/parking lot/ect?

You need to switch to the satellite view. Sorry.

Yap I should have think about the satellite view.......

Thank you all for the answers.....

That reminds me of a story, Dave.....

Our shooting club was featured on one of the local channels a year or two ago as a "Texas Adventure" or something like that.

The cameraman bent down and picked up a handful of old, nasty and almost rusty .223 brass and put it in his pocket.

One of the guys asked him what the heck he was doing, and if he reloaded, there was good brass over here...

His response: "oh, I like to pick up old nasty brass whenever I can so when I go down to the grassy knoll for work I just sprinkle it around."

:surprise: That was just classic!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!! ahahahahaha :surprise: